Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    We often praise heterosexual sportsman by obsession over their wives
    That's more to do with a lot of people wanting to look at attractive women in tight fitting skimpy designer clothes, and very little, if at all, to do with praising their husbands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rugby but still made me think of:

Think UEFA need to change their No Racism ads, not that I am against the msg but it is just so freaking broken record after years with it.
    Why dont they man up(yea now women in there) and swap to a msg of tolerance with sexualities instead.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is not a hero, neither was Michael Sam. Just some gay guys who plays sports. Michael Sam's career/expectations took an immediate nose dive when he came out. No one gives a shit about your sexuality straight or gay, keep it to yourself and do your job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    He is not a hero, neither was Michael Sam. Just some gay guys who plays sports. Michael Sam's career/expectations took an immediate nose dive when he came out. No one gives a shit about your sexuality straight or gay, keep it to yourself and do your job.
    Doesn't that say it all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Rugby but still made me think of:

Think UEFA need to change their No Racism ads, not that I am against the msg but it is just so freaking broken record after years with it.
    Why dont they man up(yea now women in there) and swap to a msg of tolerance with sexualities instead.
    The clubs have been doing it themselves, probably better than waiting for Fifa to do something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that say it all

I honestly expected it, I know a few acquaintances who have played NFL ball, it's not a very welcoming atmosphere for an openly gay man. A bunch of high testosterone "manly men" in one place...the fag and fairy jokes were inevitable. In a way I can't blame organizations from avoiding it all together. It's a sad but truthful reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Don't ask don't tell? Because that worked soooooo good in the army didn't it.

Now when was that put into place, ooh, the 90s, and when was it abolished, of yeah 2011!
    It's more of it's your personal business why do you feel the need to tell everyone else about it. I don't introduce myself saying Hi, I'm ____ I'm a straight Database developer. It's not my business whom you choose to have sexual relations with, nor is it anyone else's whom I choose to sleep with. I mean honestly does there need to be an announcement every time we have a sport where someone comes out as gay? There was one on baseball the other day as well. I mean it seems to me that they are seeking attention more than getting it off their chests.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-08-20 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    I honestly expected it, I know a few acquaintances who have played NFL ball, it's not a very welcoming atmosphere for an openly gay man. A bunch of high testosterone "manly men" in one place...the fag and fairy jokes were inevitable. In a way I can't blame organizations from avoiding it all together. It's a sad but truthful reality.
    Thus why LGBT are fighting to change it.

Deleted
    It actually means a lot to some people that haven't come out yet. But I suppose it's something heterosexuals like you have never had to deal with, so stay in that bubble

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's more of it's your personal business why do you feel the need to tell everyone else about it. I don't introduce myself saying Hi, I'm ____ I'm a straight Database developer. It's not my business whom you choose to have sexual relations with, nor is it anyone else's whom I choose to sleep with.
    You don't have to say. Somebody could see you holding hands/kissing their partner, watching them enter a gay bar or simply come up in conversation

why?

You get all kinds of jokes in the locker room. Rather then change something to suit them could they not leave?

It seems a extremely petty thing to go after.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only so much change that can happen though, sure you can force your way into some things and change some hearts but there are always going to be people against or uncomfortable around gays. I honestly think had Michael Sam not made it such a public announcement and waited til he was drafted and befriended teammates before coming out he would likely have a job in the NFL, on a practice squad at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abcchef View Post
    The less we make a big deal out of peoples sexuality, the less of a big deal it will be. Also, coming out does not make a person a hero.
    But sadly, it is a big deal for them and for those that do feel identified with the same problems than they do, for most people, this is irrelevant, but have in mind that this was what made people realize that there are gay people all around and that's how we got the US to realize their mistake and i hope, that soon, others will

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to say. Somebody could see you holding hands/kissing their partner, watching them enter a gay bar or simply come up in conversation
    How does that come up in conversation? I don't talk about personal things at work in general I talk vaguely about things I do I never mention other people. I mean I guess I don't see why anyone gives a shit about what other people do in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    why?

You get all kinds of jokes in the locker room. Rather then change something to suit them could they not leave?

It seems a extremely petty thing to go after.
    Ahh the 1950s mindset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The clubs have been doing it themselves, probably better than waiting for Fifa to do something...
    Nice to hear. I first wrote UEFA/FIFA then I realized FIFA wont ever do it being global and still lots or mongo countries around.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    How does that come up in conversation? I don't talk about personal things at work in general I talk vaguely about things I do I never mention other people. I mean I guess I don't see why anyone gives a shit about what other people do in general.
    So you never get to know work colleagues? You don't know if some are married?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only so much change that can happen though, sure you can force your way into some things and change some hearts but there are always going to be people against or uncomfortable around gays. I honestly think had Michael Sam not made it such a public announcement and waited til he was drafted and befriended teammates before coming out he would likely have a job in the NFL, on a practice squad at the very least.
    Well... the change is done little by little, and it have worked, look at the US

Deleted
    But that wasn't the case here. He openly announced his sexuality to the public, he did it for publicity, which is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you never get to know work colleagues? You don't know if some are married?
    Nope, I mean if I see a wedding band I assume they are. When we hang out outside of work we talk mainly about either work things or outside of work plans. I know one of the guys is married because his wife lives a state away while they transition here and he doesn't have access to his car.