15+ Year Old Account

Is Kodorider too powerful?

http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2598/kodorider

With all the new inspire cards out, it can be fairly easy to get your hero power to 1 mana cost and be able to use is more than once a turn. With this card you can flood your side of the board with 3/5 kodos. This hardly seems fair. Maybe inspire shouldn't work while a minion has summoning sickness? There is a good chance that when this card is out that they can get a kodo out the same turn, if not more. Your only recourse would be something like vanish, poison seeds or twisting nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2598/kodorider

With all the new inspire cards out, it can be fairly easy to get your hero power to 1 mana cost and be able to use is more than once a turn. With this card you can flood your side of the board with 3/5 kodos. This hardly seems fair. Maybe inspire shouldn't work while a minion has summoning sickness? There is a good chance that when this card is out that they can get a kodo out the same turn, if not more. Your only recourse would be something like vanish, poison seeds or twisting nether.
    You can have 9 minions on the board, if you have 10 mana and the 1 minion cost minion and more than once per turn minion, you can play this and hero power twice to get 4 minions. Next turn you can get 6. I'd say at this point, you're in a pretty "win more" state, but it's not impossible to deal with for a lot of classes.

I think the issue you're worried about is a non-issue, but I guess we'll see when the meta hits. You can't really evaluate any combos or plays in a vacuum because that's not how the game works.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

6 mana for a 3/5 is horribly weak, 8 mana for two 3/5 is on par with senji

the new set seems to be promoting a heavy emphasis on board control but not zoo face spam.

Using your hero power the turn it's played, Kodorider is only 6/10 worth of stats for eight mana (and the minor upside of a usage of your hero power), which is pretty weak compared to a lot of comparable plays. Using the hero power multiple times requires multiple cards and at least a prior turn of setup without your opponent disrupting the combo, which is completely fair, and arguably quite a bit worse than most existing combo decks due to the multiple turn setup.

If there are viable Inspire decks they'll likely work similarly to Patron Warrior, requiring Thaurissan discounts and a lot of careful, skilful play to get consistent results out of them. Inspire is very strong in terms of its potential, but the reality of the meta is that anything requiring your minions to sit untouched on the board for multiple turns is just a little too slow and weak to be up to par. That may change once the expansion goes live and new decks shift the meta around, but at the moment I'm erring on the side of Inspire being somewhat weak and quite simple to counter.

Kodorider looks good in brawl probably because the rest of the deck is poor and can't capitalise on how slow it is.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Remember, it's really 8 mana because you do NOT want to play this card without causing it to proc at least once. That's VERY slow. Cairne is the same cost, has 1 more attack and doesn't require an Inspire and he doesn't see much play anymore.

Of course, with enough Inspire related minions on the board you could potentially fire off multiple Hero Powers and flood the board with 3/5s which would be amazing, but that's a lot of "ifs" and it's a lot of eggs to put in the late game basket. Almost like a scaled up Grim Patron, only with no ability to give them all Charge. That would be one of those once in a blue moon combos.

I really doubt it's OP and unless the game gets a LOT slower I think it'll struggle to see a lot of play. Just my personal prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are assuming it's 8 mana since you assume you will play it by itself. That's not going to happen. It will be part of a combo. So chances are they will have a cheaper hero ability that they can use more than once per round unless their opponent is keeping the board clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You are assuming it's 8 mana since you assume you will play it by itself. That's not going to happen. It will be part of a combo. So chances are they will have a cheaper hero ability that they can use more than once per round unless their opponent is keeping the board clear.
    If your hero power buffing minions are already on the board, then well played because that's the main challenge of pulling off multi-round combos in HS these days. If they're being played WITH the Kodorider then it becomes a 9+ mana play and that's even slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    6 mana for a 3/5 is horribly weak, 8 mana for two 3/5 is on par with senji

the new set seems to be promoting a heavy emphasis on board control but not zoo face spam.
    Yeah right. I already know what I'm doing with the Salt and Pepper twins when I get them. They are replacing Spider Tanks in my Mech Mage/Priest decks for spare part synergy. I'm also gonna try and fit Gormok the Impaler in there, probably take a Mech Yeti out. Gormok will also be strong in Zoo, Shaman, and Paladin. Basically all the flood decks.

OT: I don't think Kodorider will be that good, too slow. It's basically Confessor Paletress for 1 less mana, and you only get another 3/5 instead of a Legendary.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-08-21 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Remember, it's really 8 mana because you do NOT want to play this card without causing it to proc at least once. That's VERY slow. Cairne is the same cost, has 1 more attack and doesn't require an Inspire and he doesn't see much play anymore.

Of course, with enough Inspire related minions on the board you could potentially fire off multiple Hero Powers and flood the board with 3/5s which would be amazing, but that's a lot of "ifs" and it's a lot of eggs to put in the late game basket. Almost like a scaled up Grim Patron, only with no ability to give them all Charge. That would be one of those once in a blue moon combos.

I really doubt it's OP and unless the game gets a LOT slower I think it'll struggle to see a lot of play. Just my personal prediction.
    you can still give the kodorider charger with a warsong commander fyi.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    in arena he's pretty good.

Troggzor was limited use and pretty meh. This is the same, except you have to pay to get your 3/5. If you use your hero ability once with no benefits, it's basically a 6/10 across 2 rounds. Also they both die to a lot of things in play from round 5~6 onwards. In fact, from round 4 onwards with some of the new cards too.

If only you even survive beyond turn 6.