10+ Year Old Account

[RET] Nobody takes us to RBG's?

I just came back to WoW and I'm trying to see where Ret sits in PvP. I can't tell cause nobody will take me to RBGs. Not a reason or a reply, just ignored. It was bad in MOP, so much so that's the reason I quit. Enough was enough, but this is still no different than today, if not worse? So far my heals are terrible and I have to get extremely lucky to heal for a decent amount. MoP was bad but not this bad.

I hit 100 a little over a week ago so my gear isn't the best but for YOLO RBGs it shouldn't be a problem. I like how they have the premade group option and I tried every YOLO group there is and nothing. If Blizzard wants to know why they're losing subscriptions this would definitely be one of them. Luckily I didn't use real money but left over in game gold but I don't see myself continuing if this is still the state of PVP for Ret.

Nothing new, last time i was doing pvp some warrior has been laughhting at me that all pvp pallies should be holy and retri is just useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some RBGs with my guild last season. What i think of ret in RBG environment in my limited XP is

The Good
    - Our aoe dmg in domination type of maps works fine. If you get reasonble Emp.DS procs and spec into Divine Purpose you can just aoe away
    but you'll still get outdamaged.

The Bad
    - All of our hands,cc,divine shield are dispellable.
    - Ret is a very easy kill target.
    - We're melee. People usually dont wanna bring melee unless they provide something unique and game changing. smokebomb,deathgrip etc
    - We are not good flag solo defenders
    - Historicly we are not good. Even if ret was buffed into boomking or lock levels today you'd still have hard time getting invited.

The Ugly
    - This has been the case ever since RBGs came out and blizzard simply doesnt care about ret RBG viability.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I don't even get a response from other players. Not a reroll Holy or nothing. Just totally ignored. I spent $50 for this? How do you continue to screw up your game since Cata? Who could take this game seriously when even the player base agrees that certain specs aren't viable? And I get it, that all melee are in a bad spot in RBGs but that's not a new issue. Unless they still bring DKs for Death Grip and Rogues for smoke bomb still?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    See I don't even get a response from other players. Not a reroll Holy or nothing. Just totally ignored. I spent $50 for this? How do you continue to screw up your game since Cata? Who could take this game seriously when even the player base agrees that certain specs aren't viable? And I get it, that all melee are in a bad spot in RBGs but that's not a new issue. Unless they still bring DKs for Death Grip and Rogues for smoke bomb still?
    You got 2 replies. Now 3.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    You got 2 replies. Now 3.
    He meant from RBG leaders that won't take him.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    I just came back to WoW and I'm trying to see where Ret sits in PvP. I can't tell cause nobody will take me to RBGs. Not a reason or a reply, just ignored. It was bad in MOP, so much so that's the reason I quit. Enough was enough, but this is still no different than today, if not worse? So far my heals are terrible and I have to get extremely lucky to heal for a decent amount. MoP was bad but not this bad.

I hit 100 a little over a week ago so my gear isn't the best but for YOLO RBGs it shouldn't be a problem. I like how they have the premade group option and I tried every YOLO group there is and nothing. If Blizzard wants to know why they're losing subscriptions this would definitely be one of them. Luckily I didn't use real money but left over in game gold but I don't see myself continuing if this is still the state of PVP for Ret.
    You're 672 ilvl and you expect to be taken for RBGs? Ofc you're not gonna be invited with almost no gear at all. Go do ashran and arenas to try to get some epics before trying to be carried in RBGs. Your "YOLO RBGs" still require a minimum amount of gear to be somewhat successful, no one wants to make a group to just lose constantly.

Even with full gear people dont want to take rets because they bring nothing special and cant do any role well. No unique buffs, cant FC, cant defend, cant ninja cap, cant move people and just basic damage. Why bring in a ret for damage when any other class can bring the damage plus anything else?

After hitting my 40 win RBG for the saddle I've hung up my pally for months now :/
    Could only tolerate so many full yolo no chat no exp no leader groups just to get accepted and the wins in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    You're 672 ilvl and you expect to be taken for RBGs? Ofc you're not gonna be invited with almost no gear at all. Go do ashran and arenas to try to get some epics before trying to be carried in RBGs. Your "YOLO RBGs" still require a minimum amount of gear to be somewhat successful, no one wants to make a group to just lose constantly.
    I can't even get into 2's to cap. I've decided to run a test and that's to get some Holy gear and see if people take me. The gear is going to be worse than my Ret gear but that even further proves my point. I'll be using the conquest points to get more gear for my Ret set, cause that's the problem I really face. I can't get any better gear without doing Arena or RBGs.

But I'm willing to bet they'll take an under geared Holy Paladin over a decent geared Ret.

Deleted
    I can't even get into 2's to cap. I've decided to run a test and that's to get some Holy gear and see if people take me. The gear is going to be worse than my Ret gear but that even further proves my point. I'll be using the conquest points to get more gear for my Ret set, cause that's the problem I really face. I can't get any better gear without doing Arena or RBGs.

But I'm willing to bet they'll take an under geared Holy Paladin over a decent geared Ret.
    Find an equally bad geared partner to do 2s with. I remember finding several low geared players to grind our heads in 2s until we got some gear. I just get the feeling you're an entitle brat who just wants to be carried. And simce you can't, you're blaming Blizzard 'cause fuck logic.