Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Enjoying the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meaningful professions and real daily/weekly hubs like Netherwings, Shatari Defense/Ogrila, Isle of Quel'danas.

Just something to do outside of raiding / waiting for raid, even if you overgear it quite a bit. Isle of Thunder was great in that way...

Evening long brawls in Shimmering Flats when levelling.

Divine Intervention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    My old guild.
    *sobs*

In WoW? Nothing really.

I irrationally miss Ghostly Strike I suppose... oh and maybe Volley...

Quote Originally Posted by Alyajna View Post
    For me, it's old Azshara. I know, there was absolutely nothing to do there in terms of character progression but I didn't care!
    I've never understood nostalgia for old Azshara. It 90% exactly the same as it is now, only there was nothing in it.

I do kind of wish they hadn't removed Azuregos, that's about it.

Out of the Cata revamp the only things I really miss are the long quest chains that got removed, and original SFK. Otherwise everything in the revamp was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Every pre-Cataclysm old world zone ever.
    They were just like they are now, only shitter and with less in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Guess I'll give the horse carcass another kick: class uniqueness.

Deleted
    Really really hard 5 man dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    All the old instances, including their loot, that Blizzard has removed. You should NEVER remove shit like that from the game. EVER. You want to add a cap-level revamp? How nice of you. Make a new fucking version of it and leave the old one alone. Or transfer the loot over 1:1. I loved farming UBRS for Dungeon set pieces. I liked the old Deadmines better than the new one. And removing the old Onyxia completely broke (and obviously caused them to be removed) several quests, like getting Quel'Serrar (I'm aware they added new versions to her loot table, that isn't the same). They keep removing fun things from the game, and it just pisses me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara (the old Vanilla version). Back in Vanilla when I was collecting money for the epic mount (cost 1000g back then...) I used to do Azshara herb runs. There was tons of herbs there which I pointed on a drawn map of the zone. I really enjoyed the atmosphere the area had, the old Elven ruins, the mountain giants. The ambient sounds were way too cool too. It just had this feeling of an ancient civilization long gone and it was tranquil and serene.

I still miss it and I have tons of screenshots back from 2005 when I was running there. Man I so miss that zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Adventure in the game.

Vanilla Azeroth with its many zones, the expacs just don't fulfill me.

Collecting leather on the Mirage Raceway...

Deleted
    4.3 Arms
    5.4 Fury

4.3-5.1 Resto Shaman (5.4 killed my love of Shaman, 90% passive output)

I miss being able to pug Heroic modes, hell even normal modes, on my actual realm...

Actually the biggest thing I miss is not having to care about anything except turning up and my own personal abilities/gameplay. Being of a higher rank than just 'raider' puts a certain level of pressure on you and although sometimes it's great because I'm able to do what I think is best and act with my officers as a team, sometimes the harsh reality is that you can't please everyone and ...Well ignorance is bliss y'know?

Oh and Cartoon Network... Ed Edd 'n' Eddy.
    Last edited by mmocddc07f7463; 2015-08-20 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The feeling of inferiority in a massive world...

...and my [Massive Mojo]
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-08-20 at 08:45 AM.

My old 10 men raid group. RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    The entirety of the game pre-Dungeon Finder. Dungeon Finder completely ruined the WoW community. Before, you actually had to run with friends/guildies/people you knew to be able to do some of the harder heroics because you couldn't really trust a random. And maybe some guy you know brought someone else in and vouched for them. It was a closer knit community that slowly expanded out.

Dungeon Finder ruined all that.

Wish it was never implemented. Along with Arena.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD

Deleted
    Pre-Ulduar affliction warlock (4 dots + haunt).

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda miss the old way we have to cooperate to get things going in wow,making groups doing quests and so on, now a days it just feels to simple to click a button to get a instance with people you dont even have to talk to and just run and aoe spam dungons... just my unpopular opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much, but i can't understand blizzards lazyness with the new character models. There are so many clipping/sizing errors and missing/weird animations on several races, that this is a shame they won't fix it. No dev response since ages.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    The only thing that I really "miss so bad it hurts" is the versatility of druids.

Once mastery was added as a stat to the game, it really boned a druid's ability to do multiple things at once because mastery is such a big deal that you're only good at doing the job you're specced for because only that one particular mastery is active. Adding mastery as a stat wasnt a buff or perk, it was a straight up nerf to druids.

Also the constant dumbing down and removal of abilities hurt druids tremendously as well. My cat and bear action bars have literally 3 buttons on them now. That's it. They used to be far more populated with far more variety in the things we could do in those forms while specced resto. They keep removing more and more and more abilities from druids for the spec they aren't in, dumbing them down, killing utility.

Adding fourth spec to druids was also cancer. Used to be able to tank and DPS in the same spec as feral and shift forms depending on if you had to tank right that second or not.

I loved druids back in the day because you had to be good to play one. You had to master all of your forms and know when to switch between them and how to use them best at any given time, this was especially true for PVP but applied to PVE as well. They have destroyed druids completely in the name of homogenization over the years, it just gets worse and worse.

Nowadays those other forms might as well not even be there, they are essentially cosmetic effects. Cat form is at least partially functional as a means of stealth and running faster if you're resto, but that is literally it. Nothing else to it.

Druids were once powerful, master shapeshifters that could fill multiple roles at once and could always adapt to changing situations on the battle field. Now they are just a single-role shitter like everyone else. All uniqueness and depth destroyed.
    This, everything with this. After Cataclysm and before MoP with the revamped talent trees they literally killed feral druids completely. Not in terms of being viable, but they gutted the concept of it. The very essence that made the spec unique and challenging. Having to choose which form is appropriate at any given time. Now it's a subpar glass cannon spec that by using two 3 minute cooldowns can destroy players who do not realise when or how to use their utility on a feral druid. It used to be fun to play a feral, now I might as well play a rogue.

Homogenization is fine if you removed superflous fluff with no impact on original design. What they did to feral druids in MoP and WoD is a fucking disgrace considering the original vision of the spec. Cataclysm did it right, have some talents that difference the "true" bears from the "true" cats, but let both forms be bloody viable. Bear form is a joke. It's literally useless if you want to spec optimally.

Also, who thought passive stat boost was interesting as a top-tier talent? Bloodtalons at least is a challenging talent to use, but it's also uninspired. People complain about feral burst, which is very good, but everything from spec-design to the end-tier talents stink for the spec. There's a reason druids are grossly powerful in low level PvP, they get all the spec-defining choices between level 30-60.

I never signed up for having bear form become a useless tool in both PvE and PvP. It killed the spec's identity completely. Nor did I want to play a glass canon rogue with a press-to-kill button.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2015-08-20 at 09:17 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.