15 21.43%
  • Observe

43 61.43%
  • Ignore

9 12.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    You anime faggots are really fucking weird. Are your parents proud of you?
    You can clearly see who has been dropped too many times as a baby.
    No need to act like this.

OT: Would probably destroy humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Observe. Then react... at this rate... I'm not feeling very merciful :P
    Only because you are emotionally and physically invested in it, to an outsider its probably more of a "meh who cares" or even a "lol this things so stupid, lets make a tv show out of it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    Well initially i`d observe the mostly bags of water and meat...

Choice 2- we all know about X-com...and how that "ended well"...

Deleted
    Either observe or ignore, depending on how entertaining it would be to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would order a full-scan of the planet and then mine ore. Once done I would move on since there is nothing significant left on the planet.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    What if they hadn't found a life form like us yet? We could be interesting. Or maybe our technology took an unexpected turn in its development.
    Our technology is of absolutely zero interest for such aliens, other than maybe their amusement.
    Apparently, if they found us without us noticing them, and if they are able to get to Earth, their technology is far and beyond our own technological evolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I would order a full-scan of the planet and then mine ore. Once done I would move on since there is nothing significant left on the planet.
    what if they are after saltwater? lol
    Harvesting the oceans is something only few people ever think of, when they think of an alien invasion.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Making contact with a species that believes in authoritarian and capitalist systems must be for aliens similar to asking us if we'd want to make contact with ISIS who believe in enslaving women and beheading infidels...

No ty, try again in a few thousand years maybe.
    what tells you that they aren't hierarchically structured and live under dictatorship societal rules?

Deleted
    Ignore such lesser beings after quick scan. They are just one of many. There is plenty of more interesting and advanced civilizations out there to learn from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Studying various subcultures on Earth show that technological advancement goes hand in hand with the building down of power of authoritarian systems.
    Someone, somewhere forgot the Romans I suppose.... Well and the Nazis too.... I hate to be that guy, but that's to be mentioned in that context.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 100% convinced that by the time space travel becomes a common activity for humanity, that we won't be capitalists anymore.
    That is possible, we could very well be under one power ruling the planets entirety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
    As leader of an alien species, I would do the Earth a favor and destroy humanity.
    Dunno but if you asked me we seem capable enough to do that on our own.

Well we study ants to an extent... I'm sure they'd be at least a little interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Romans are the ones that first mentioned the concept of 'cyclical progress' (saeculum). The observation that things sometimes need to get worse before they become a lot better again, because it's the only way to motivate violent revolts and social revolutions.
    Rome flourished under strict and dictatorship like rule..... It deteriorated under liberal rule.
    I think you are making one big mistake. You assume that dictatorship is automatically anti-social.
    But that is simply not the case.
    There is absolutely no differences between a dictator and an emperor or king.
    All three are totalitarian rulers.
    And yet, there are just rulers that look out for their people, and those that abuse their people.

Yet, there is no better, no more efficient state form than a just ruler.
    One responsible person calling all the shots. Cannot be more efficient.
    And when you keep the masses happy, they comply and follow you through hell and back.

Deleted
    I would make contact with humanity and end religion once and for all. I will use my advanced technology to improve the lives of humanity, if anyone uses it for war etc I would obliterate that country, if more than 5 countries use it for the same reasons I will end all life on earth.

Sure I would make contact with them and give them all my best second rate technological secrets. Why not help a brother out?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in that theory. Sounds a bit too judeo-christian to me: "One bearded guy from above taking care of his children below."
    Has nothing at all with religion whatsoever.
    And, it's a fact actually. Monarchy is the best form of state.
    If only it wasn't for it's one but immense weakness. The hit and miss.
    A bad ruler tyrannizes his people. A good ruler pampers em.
    From plain logic alone, nothing beats efficiency of one single decision maker.
    That's still a proven fact today. Because that's how businesses function.
    With one ruler...... the owner.
    And companies whose owners look out for their employees are more productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The largest businesses work more like republics, with boards of directors and (jr.) partners.
    There is no substantial data that supports that businesses run best as a hierarchy though, it's just what people are used to.
    Worker-owned businesses are quite succesful too.
    Walmart...... Google.... Apple......Microsoft.... Berkshire Hathaway...

Just because there are boards of directors, doesn't mean there's or was not one person in charge.
    Instead of what you see with big corporations, they're getting broken down, into subdivisions, to maintain the efficiency of short order...
    You've been in the Military I thought?
    You should be familiar with the chain of command, and how there is always ONE person at the top calling the shots.

Like, we are us and we go through a wormhole and come across us when we were cavemen or like Spock being the god thing that blew up the volcano?

I'd magnifying glass us.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================