bonus event battlegrounds

attract the biggest noobs i have ever seen. I got goaded into it with the quest for conquest, but no more pvp event's for me.

Ok? And what should we discuss in this thread? Seems kinda pointless to make a thread like this just to say you dont enjoy something.

Sorry, we were doing 5-PvP players pre-made.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i played 6 games so far and i can say that i enjoyed all of the games. noone was extremely bad ( or i didnt notice which is also good ) and games were pretty close score-wise. 3 of them were on my hunter and 3 of them on my resto druid :

hunter :

1 ) deepwind gorge. lost it but i enjoyed it to the boots. last seconds were intense to say the least.

2 ) teos. lost this one too but something like 1500 to 1485 something. we had the flag but lost fr's control in the last 30 seconds so this made us lose. enjoyed the game.

3 ) teos again. won this one with a big score advantage because we had 2 5 man premades. even then, blue team fought well. kudos to them.

druid :

1 ) teos ( this popped a lot btw ) won with a last second flag capture by myself so i can feel a little proud eh ? great game.

2 ) sota. i got the defense of the ancients achievement so you can guess how it went. straight annihilation for the blues.

3 ) teos again. full russian dudes and lost it due to a last second flag carrier disconnect or lag or whatever. he stood idle in front of capture spot. shit happens i guess.

all in all i like casual pvp and instant queues help a lot. funny enough, we had a night elf hunter in that sota game we won. not a merc, plain night elf hunter on horde side. i found it funny but i guess it is a bug ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    The problem (or some would say blessing) with this event is it attracts botters and newly dinged players (some of which are wearing gear from as early as TBC...), so it really is just down to luck that you get a team with at least half capable players.

I loved it. Squishies came out of hiding in droves. Queue up in a group of 5 PvP geared and experienced people and had a field day 3-4 hitting people or execute hitting half their life. I'm not even in a PvP guild, just use group finder if you're actually decent with PvP experience and the group is usually good enough to carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you can get bonus CP from the BG event? I thought it was only Honor.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You get CP from the quest that is ontop of your cap

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    let's see all them glad achieves there OP
    Where did I claim to be gladiator? You mean only gladiator's get to speak? That's nice.

Anyway, it's just extremely frustrating when nobody knows what to do, even when given advice before and during the bg. Very simple things too. I'm not great at pvp, but I'm competent, and know what to do. I'd say I'm good, and I'm not overestimating my skill. It's a big problem in bg's and has been for a while, and these events make it unbearable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    all in all i like casual pvp and instant queues help a lot. funny enough, we had a night elf hunter in that sota game we won. not a merc, plain night elf hunter on horde side. i found it funny but i guess it is a bug ?
    im wondering about this, in EOTS the other day the alliance team had a tauren DK, even the tooltip said (tauren death knight alliance), is that a bug or what is that exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    My win ratings have gone up since I found out I have 4 other guildies that are into pvp as well.
    Warlock (SL main)

I've noticed only one thing. AV and Isle have turned into horde wins because they'll defend

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im wondering about this, in EOTS the other day the alliance team had a tauren DK, even the tooltip said (tauren death knight alliance), is that a bug or what is that exactly?
    This is a new change in 6.2.2 - certain cosmetic transformations affect race displayed in the tooltip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    This is a new change in 6.2.2 - certain cosmetic transformations affect race displayed in the tooltip
    aaah, that might explain why i also a taunka mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Speaking of EotS, when did they change the scoring such that 1 base + flag beat out 3 bases? Or was that last game just my imagination? :O
    It was the patch that they lowered the number of points for most BGs to 1500 for a win. EotS, if you have 3 bases and you are just letting the opponent run the flag, you will lose. gotta grab that flag at least once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthor View Post
    I've noticed only one thing. AV and Isle have turned into horde wins because they'll defend
    i didn't blacklist any bgs on my newly dinged lock and obviously ioc and av fest began. i thought '' what the hell let's give it a go '' and to my surprise we ( me and my wife ) never lost av or ioc. in fact, after a few games when we saw ioc's starting screen we felt like it is an easy win. found it interesting.

played about 12 or 13 bgs overall ( affli lock - holy priest ) and lost only 1 bg ( eots )

ioc tactic for the horde, not sure if the same Works for alliance but who cares

10 stay at defense, rest rush to hangar and as soon as horde ship spawns get onto the ship. jump to alliance base and start using bombs on the side gate. 5 mins victory. do NOT bother with docks, just kill glaives once.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2015-09-14 at 12:31 PM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.