Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupton View Post
    I think the hardest part with serenity is keeping ZS, Energizing Brew and ChiBrew on CD. It just takes too much of my attention to handle them well.
    Keeping zen sphere on CD is not allways a dps gain. Using energizing brew on CD is allmost allways a waste since you really need to have low energy and no procs to make full use, so wasting it at a time where you're active versus delaying it for a time where you need something to cast is a real waste.
    As for ChiBrew, as all spells who stack up to two times, you just need to avoid ever capping 2 stacks of it and use them before the fight ends to make optimal use of it. Its really not hard to use ChiBrew optimally.

As for CX and Serenity, I think they play very differently indeed.
    You're probably thinking that the whole Jab, RSK, FoF rotation + TEB is way more important than those two talents are, and you're not wrong.
    However, most specs in the game play with very few spells in their rotation, yet are not defined by those spells but by something extremely different. Frost DK's can, at times, be played with two main spells (frost strike and howling blast) with very little dps loss. I'm exagerating a bit, and using obliterate at the right time is a dps gain, plus necrotic plague isn't optimal as far as lvl 100 is concerned. However, you can macro your pillar of frost into frost strike, bind howling blast on the rest of your keyboard and do decently. There is quite some skill though in the spec, mainly in optimizing your rune regeneration, when to dump Runic Power, when to use empower weapon and how to use AMS (thats actually a huge part of frost DK ST skill).

We got many more spells to use in our rotation, no matter which talents we go for, yet I feel like there is a huge difference between serenity and CX. Ofc I have my monk reflexes, but it really feels quite different. There is quite a lot to change depending on both playstyles.
    I'm expecting several Monks to remain ChiExplosion alltimers after the buff. I know the gap will increase, but I think the benefits are still the same. Some players flat out prefer the playstyle, most bosses have some small cleave at some point (only zakuun makes a noticeable exception this tier), then there is the benefits of never needing to delay a spell for ring usage, benefiting from bloodlust burstphases (aka when the raid needs it) without delaying anything, having some range (aka less downtime), and above all having one set of optimal enchants/gems for all bosses.

I'm not saying CX is better than serenity overall. I'm just saying that the things that got people to play CX all time are still true, that the spec only got buffed, so if it works, no need to fix it. Raitank proved us that WW could be one of the best dps's in the game going CX all time for all 13 bosses, so with a buff this is only truer. Yes, serenity might be better come 6.2.2 for ST, but the things that got people to play CX was not a 7:30 minutes patchwerk fight with no delay, it was other concerns. A 2% increased difference (BoK buff really only widens the gap by a further 2%, which is relevant but fine) has nothing to do with their decision.
    I for one will probably keep going CX all time. I've kept gemming for multistrike atm since I'm doing mythic Gorefiend and am not allowed to cleave passively, but I think the spec kept its perks.

Still excited to see those buffs next wednesday. I didn't expect us to get such buffs, don't think it will put us in a spot where we're blatantly OP as arms/DWF were at the begining of the patch. However, we'll be able to compete on with allmost every spec for ST and will be very strong in any cleave situation. The results will be pretty insane.
    I'm happy to that BrewMaster is seing some love too (tiger palm getting 20% is really a BrM specific buff). I've been asked to offtank at times, and my experience of it this tier is "bring as many dps trinkets as you can in your bags". I've been running SDI+Soul Kappacitor, some BHotM on M gorefiend, I'd use MotB if I had one... In a greedy tank environement, it felt pretty bad doing lower dps than other tank and therefore being assigned all mechanics to allow the other tank to grind more. This will help make things more even.

I believe Hina posted sims of ChiEx and Serenity ST somewhere but can't find them. What would the difference be like now after the buffs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I wish people would stop saying we're generally so good dps wise right now. Yes, we are - if we've got at least the class trinket, ideally with 4p. But before (and most players still don't have them available), we're on the weaker side. Just look through heroic / normal logs at lower percentages and lower gear.
    I agree with you on the rollercoaster that has been WW balance this addon. Seems like they don't really know where they want us to be.
    Thank you! I've been fighting to keep my place in raid by telling them I won't be able to compete with the other DPS if I lack my 4 set and class trinket! Thank god some people understand

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    I believe Hina posted sims of ChiEx and Serenity ST somewhere but can't find them. What would the difference be like now after the buffs?
    On paper, about 10% difference single target. Take this with a grain of salt because a lot of encounters have reasons that hate serenity. It could be phases happening which would delay usage of Serenity, or just an add or two or three which are up just long enough to warrant chiex.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekzz View Post
    Thank you! I've been fighting to keep my place in raid by telling them I won't be able to compete with the other DPS if I lack my 4 set and class trinket! Thank god some people understand
    Well, what I posted is false with 6.2.2 anyway, which is in two days. All hail the mighty buff-overlords!

So, have everyone got to raid post-patch?
    how did the buff effect you?

personally, I don't really notice much if any difference..
    but i might just suck

It's just numbers, not like our playstyle changed. It's nice but I'm pretty meh about it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed a huge difference. I also got quite a bit of gear last night but I beat almost all my PRs by 10k. Could also be the RedBull I had before raid too... too many variables.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been raiding with my guild but I raided with PUGs (again, no class trinket for me this week ). I noticed a small improvement of slightly more than 5%, but I didn't get enough pulls for any meaningful data (we killed Archi quickly). But based on my damage distribution from before the patch that is exactly what I was expecting (with Chi Explosion btw) anyway. Most of the extra damage comes from the +20% to FoF of course.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I noticed a huge difference. I also got quite a bit of gear last night but I beat almost all my PRs by 10k. Could also be the RedBull I had before raid too... too many variables.
    At least one thing is for certain: Red Bull gave you wings with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Yep, the buffs are noticeable. I had to heal about half the bosses, but I saw nice improvements on most bosses I could dd. On others, I saw none or even did less damage than before with worse gear, but that falls into the category "shitty procs". Variance from pull to pull still plays a huge role. E.g. I fucked up on Socrethar and still had Soul Capacitor equipped, but it procced a lot (and only once with a Dominator), so it did almost 40% of my damage. That means, I gained almost 10% damage from the proc alone on that fight. On others, it's usually only about 10-20% of the total damage (or a gain of ~3-5%).
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-09-02 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post

personally, I don't really notice much if any difference..
    but i might just suck
    Huge difference for me. But then I also got my SDI and my legendary ring the same week so it might be that aswell!

Honestly the WW buffs were the wrong buffs needed for PVP. Sure damage is better than nothing and I'm glad WW got something, but FoF damage was already decent, I would have rather seen something like FoF being able to be cast w/o a target, and range increased to 10 yds. Remove the FoF buff and put that damage into RSK and fix some of the playstyle issues affecting WW.