Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Patrons aren't the problem, Frothing/Warsong are.

As stated by the thread title. I see Patron Warrior getting a lot of hate. It's well deserved, no doubt (I've played it myself a lot and everytime I've lost it's been down to a misplay of mine, not a weakness of the deck)

But. Calling the deck Patron Warrior really doesn't fit, since the biggest offender isn't infact Patron, it's Frothing/Warsong.

From my own experience, 9 times out of 10 I win thanks to a ridiculous Frothing OTK. I mainly use Patrons as a boardclear, rarely as a wincondition. (I have forced more than a few concedes thanks to a Patron boardclear), but as far as pulling a win out of nowhere, Frothing/Warsong is so much more borked.

And this is from my own experience playing the deck. Now, I'm not a legend level player (Don't have the time to grind the ladder) but I got about a 100 games under my belt with Patron with a winrate of about 80%, so I think I got a slight clue of what I'm talking about.

So. Stop calling it Patron Warrior and start calling it what it is, Frothing Warrior.

Yes, the offender is warsong - everytime. Frothing is a nice threat but can't do much outside of niche scenarios (massive board whirlwind combo + charge) that your opponent can't respond to
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You've played 100 games with 80% winrate and didn't hit legend? Tell you what, I'll start calling it "Frothing Warrior" when you stop lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    You've played 100 games with 80% winrate and didn't hit legend? Tell you what, I'll start calling it "Frothing Warrior" when you stop lying.
    With an 80% winrate it would actually take about 100 games to get from 20 to legend. Just saying. Most players get a 60% winrate to get to legend. That takes about 300 games.

Either way, the problem is Warsong Commander. That is the only problem. And that card will only continue to create more problems as future content is made.

Deleted
    Agree completely and you can really tell that when you are playing against a bad Grim Patron warrior. They throw their Frothing Berserkers out just like that sometimes instead of keeping them for the OTK combo and then the Patrons aren't always enough to really walk away with the game. Good Patron Warriors keep their combo pieces for the OTK if their Grim Patron plan does not work. I am almost 100% sure the nerf that will surely come will be to the Warsong Commander.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying he's lying or not, but I don't think he's implying that he got all 100 wins in one month.

Either way, Frothing and Warsong were around for awhile with little issue. The X Factor in all this is the Grim Patron. Without it, those other cards are not much of a threat. So no....still gonna call it a Patron Warrior.

Charge is a mechanic that needs to go away or become heavily restricted. It's so damn hard to balance, and every time we get an OP deck it's usually because charge or face spells is the culprit.

Leeroy
    Patron
    Arcane Golem
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-08-20 at 02:12 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Across 3 seasons. Like I said, don't have the time to grind the ladder.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Warsong should remove charge from minions that have more than 3 attack, even if they gain charge when you summon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Warsong should remove charge from minions that have more than 3 attack, even if they gain charge when you summon them.
    This has always been my point. I don't know why this is allowed. They got rid of the charge because of the OTK Molten Giant deck back in the day. Warsong needs to only give charge to minions that have less than 3 attack on the board, never above.

Quote Originally Posted by Knyx View Post
    I'm not saying he's lying or not, but I don't think he's implying that he got all 100 wins in one month.

Either way, Frothing and Warsong were around for awhile with little issue. The X Factor in all this is the Grim Patron. Without it, those other cards are not much of a threat. So no....still gonna call it a Patron Warrior.
    Erm... no. Warsong has caused issues in the past. Arguably the most broken deck we've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Frothing was a strong card way back when but it fell out of use when the early game became too fast for it and people had removal coming out their ass.

It only works in Patron because of the deck synergy.

Yes WC is a problem but it likely wouldn't see any use outside this combo. Maybe they could change it to "give charge to first/first two/etc minions played".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Charge is a mechanic that needs to go away or become heavily restricted. It's so damn hard to balance, and every time we get an OP deck it's usually because charge or face spells is the culprit.

Leeroy
    Patron
    Arcane Golem
    i agree lets screw over new players and make bluegill warrior,wolfrider, stonetusk boar, that boar from animal companion and krokon elite worthless.
    not to mention old murkeye and leeroy jenkins.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-08-21 at 03:17 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Note that Arcane Golem and Wolfrider only see play in face hunter decks these days, because face hunter has such a retarded ability to close it can get away with them. Normally those cards are not good picks because their charge ability and high damage is balanced out by their poor HP. Sure you get some quick damage out, but then your opponent takes control of the board and turns the tables on you.

Unless you're a hunter because then you just use UTH to make his board control a liability, silence his taunt and fire bows, KCs and QSes at his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nerf Patron by buffing its attack/health to 4/4.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i agree lets screw over new players and make bluegill warrior,wolfrider, stonetusk boar, that boar from animal companion and krokon elite worthless.
    not to mention old murkeye and leeroy jenkins.
    Yes, let's. Most of those cards aren't run ever, and the removal of charge on them opens up more of their budget to placed into stats or other mechanics which could make them more viable in decks outside of me hit face decks.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

the problem isnt the patrons or the frothings it is warsong commander that is the problem card. Change it so it can only charge minions that have 2 or less health and if a minion goes above 2 health during the turn it loses charge problem solved no more 60 points OTK crap from your empty board

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    With an 80% winrate it would actually take about 100 games to get from 20 to legend. Just saying. Most players get a 60% winrate to get to legend. That takes about 300 games.

Either way, the problem is Warsong Commander. That is the only problem. And that card will only continue to create more problems as future content is made.
    It's funny how it wasn't a problem since nerf and before BRM, and then suddenly it is.

Hint: the card is fine.

There's nothing wrong with Patron warriors. If you fail to setup any kind of worthwhile board, fail to create any kind of pressure, fail to have any board sweepers, fail to have any good cards, they pull all the cards they need, they play everything on curve and you can't stop them... then yeah, it's super imba to face. Like 90% of other decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Patron warriors. If you fail to setup any kind of worthwhile board, fail to create any kind of pressure, fail to have any board sweepers, fail to have any good cards, they pull all the cards they need, they play everything on curve and you can't stop them... then yeah, it's super imba to face. Like 90% of other decks.
    You clearly don't know anything about patron decks.

By pressure you mean exclusively only cards that have three or more attack? Yeah that realistic and balanced?

Board sweeps? What are you talking about? Patron is one round play if you get a chance to clear the board then they messed up.

Good cards that is about as meaningless of a term as you can put out there? Sludge Belcher is a great card against every type of deck well except Patron decks.

They pull all of their good cards, that is what happens because the problem with Patron decks is the card draw they have insane card draw and draw through their decks way faster then any other deck in the game.