Poll: How are you paying for your WoW subscription?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    still pay by sub and always will. I won't be a part of the token process.
    Agreed. If I were to support WoW again it would be from my own pocket, not at an enhanced price through another's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Im shocked that so many people do not realize that getting a sub with tokens is actually more expensive and gives blizzard much more money than a normal subscription. Do really so many fall for that kind of scam?
    You can't buy the token and use it on your own account. You can only sell it for gold, and that's what everybody uses it for. Then there's other people, like me, that have more gold then they have real life cash, and gladly buy these tokens so they can play for "free". Nobody is buying them to use them instead of a normal sub for themselves.

normally one month recurring, but since I am in a sticky economic situation I had to use gold to buy a token.

Deleted
    Thanks to very lovely friends who help a unemployed lass in need.

With tokens for 2 accounts, have no issues making gold since beginning of MoP.

Would still be subbed with monthly sub running without tokens since if I thought that the game was "shitty" or "not worth playing", that would stand regardless of payment method meaning I would not play.

Funny though how people are now making up reasons for why it's bad to "support" the WoW token. They throw around a big word such as "Scam" most of the time, placing blame on those of us buying the token for gold due to us "supporting" Blizzard getting "tons more cash" per token (what is it, 5 euro if that?) than if we were to pay the sub with our own money. Hilarious, really.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2015-08-21 at 10:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the good ol' subscription plan and paying with debit card.

But I am more and more feeling like I'm paying real money for the luxury of keeping my gold reserves in-game intact. And that feels a bit foolish considering gold is just.. well it's WoW gold I shouldn't care much for parting with some of it every month. In a way I'm essentially buying gold just because that this token-option exists.

Before I subbed with game-time cards. Not subbed at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tokens.
    i have 7 level 100s, eventho some are not fleshed out garrison wise.
    Making 30/50k week or so cycling through them once/twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You can't buy the token and use it on your own account. You can only sell it for gold, and that's what everybody uses it for. Then there's other people, like me, that have more gold then they have real life cash, and gladly buy these tokens so they can play for "free". Nobody is buying them to use them instead of a normal sub for themselves.
    But someone has to buy a Token in the first place so that you are actually able to bu them. That means, everytime you buy a Token, somebody paid 20 EUR for it. And you pay gold worth of more than 20 EUR most of the time, current price is like what? 45-5000gold? Thats more than 20 EUR worth it. At the End you would be better off to sell the gold on your own and pay with your money. Especially if you are PvP player and only play one character, getting 50000g with that ain't that fast you know. And at the end you may have to buy gold to get those things you want or need. Anyway, Blizzard makes MUCH more money out of this than with normal SUBs. Thats the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Tokens.
    i have 7 level 100s, eventho some are not fleshed out garrison wise.
    Making 30/50k week or so cycling through them once/twice a day.
    Hello, stranger. Let's be friends!

Deleted
    Wouldnt be playing if it couldnt pay for the sub with gold. Figured i give it a try again after a few months so i logged in bought a token for gold and could play again. Much easy. I have plenty of gold ingame and know how to make more if needed.

To be honest i have been waiting for a long time for this option so naturally im using it :P I couldnt justify the subcripion to myself if i logged in once a week for an hour. But paying with ingame funds i have no problems as there would otherwise be no way to spend that gold in an inactive account.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Paying R$ 15 per month.

10+ Year Old Account
    just to see how i am gonna feel, i am subscribed with a token ( after a 6 months break ) atm.

will continue with my credit card.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Thats the point.
    The point of what? Not everyone's on some sort of "You can't has!!"-campaign against Blizzard...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold was never an issue for me so since the day they launched wow tokens i was happy to not rely on others for game time
    if it wasnt for the token and the people who gave me game time cards i would have stopped at early cata
    Retired

Neither my husband or I are playing the game right now... and he's still subscribed... only because he's deployed and has crappy internet. The WoW site doesn't like to cooperate on his connection. But once he gets home, I imagine he'll be cancelling it. Mine's been cancelled since March.

I'll more then likely resubscribe for Legion... at least temporarily. I'll buy it once it's been out for a few months, and give it a go. Otherwise they aren't getting my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I ended up buying wow tokens with my gold to allow me to transfer. So I just do that. Im subbed until November, but depending on the state of my guild at the end of September I may or may not buy more. I'm good until November though. I may just pay again if I don't have enough gold to buy more tokens(I have enough gold but I like sitting on 100k for some unknown reason).

- - - Updated - - -

please inform me of your methods! haha I make like 10-15k/month but I don't try particularly hard.
    Well if you have enough gold to spare playing the AH is the best thing u can do!
    personally i dont log at all beside the 3 nights just for raids, i just do missions and naval just only 3 times a week i dont farm or do quests anymore.

All i do is check ah on my mobile app just a few items if they are below a certain price level buy them all and resell them.
    make from 2-3k up to 15 per day
    Retired

Haha, this poll just proves how non-average the playerbase in these forums is.

OT: I use credit card but I always cancel my account right after subscribing to avoid being automatically charged one month later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidoeng7 View Post
    Well if you have enough gold to spare playing the AH is the best thing u can do!
    personally i dont log at all beside the 3 nights just for raids, i just do missions and naval just only 3 times a week i dont farm or do quests anymore.

All i do is check ah on my mobile app just a few items if they are below a certain price level buy them all and resell them.
    make from 2-3k up to 15 per day
    Really wish I could work up the courage to do this on a regular basis. Most of my gold comes, although easily, from me having more alts than is healthy (huehueheue) and all professions maxed out x2.

I buy the 30 day "cards" from the bnet shop through the launcher because I don't like automatic recurring payments.