Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just go in my raid gear and top the dps chart. Nothing worth making lists for. Its just like doing CMs.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I mean it's just for good fun.. you can't deny the +20% thrash/maul damage set bonus isn't great to have though.. that and the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Did they nerf the void tendril trinket? Used it on one boss and it did only 4% of my damage...
    Blizzard often nerfs things like that without any advice and they're very fast in such cases. I'll try it later.

Yes, you can easily do the timewalk with your current gear, but some people like to maximize the effectiveness and experiment with older gear, especially when you've to do a lot of these timewalk instances for the new rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Blizzard often nerfs things like that without any advice and they're very fast in such cases. I'll try it later.

Yes, you can easily do the timewalk with your current gear, but some people like to maximize the effectiveness and experiment with older gear, especially when you've to do a lot of these timewalk instances for the new rewards.
    On my warrior, the tendrils now hit for 6-7k at max level. Still pretty strong, although i'm fairly sure it's weaker than before.

Given how insane it was before, hardly surprising, though.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I can't tell if troll or not?

Oh well maybe someday people will understand tanking isn't about being an afk meat shield and that finding a healthy balance between pushing damage but not dying....some of the over 100k passive HPS that goes into overhealing on tanks we should just ignore that and stack defensive stats.

Oh wait if you are gonna die you are gonna die even if you stacked 100% defensive and had the best tank rankings on average.

I don't die on progression and I don't die on farm. The times I have died, I could count on my hand, that were to me just trying to brute force through something without calling and external or planning better. My play style is not what would cause my deaths. Those same deaths to a tank stacking defensive stats would still take fatal damage.

I wish people understand how tanking worked now a days.

Also, I was responding to a specific person not just coming into the thread and shitposting it. Dreyen specificly knew already what I said in that specific post about my bear. I just happen to have said it like that and include I didn't do it because of that and the fact that I dislike timewalking a lot. Sure it wasn't the best way to put it, but its how I put it and I am fine with it.
    Jello has already proven his value before 6.2^_^

- - - Updated - - -

WOD FOOD works at TW!!!

Bumping thread since the next TW event starts tomorrow.

Finally got enough primal diamonds to buy a dps legendary meta

The dps legendaries (meta and cloak) were nerfed for tank specc (lower procc rate), so I personally prefer using the tank meta. The dps cloak is okay, since the tank cloak was already bad in MoP.

Except tank meta does zero dps... you don't really need more survival if you gear for CMs in the first place.

For maximizing dps, the dps meta is the choice, but a 20% damage reduction isn't bad especially when tanking lot of mobs.
    Maybe I'll give the dps meta a try.

The tank meta is just so good. It does add damage if you can pull more with it, and having 20% dr for 15 sec certainly allows that. It can also proc while you're stunned, where the value of damage reduction goes through the roof.
    Last edited by Rioo; 2015-10-01 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    The tank meta is just so good. It does add damage if you can pull more with it, and having 20% dr for 15 sec certainly allows that. It can also proc while you're stunned, where the value of damage reduction goes through the roof.
    Except... no.

Even in just current raid gear I can run in their and pull literally all of shattered halls without stopping and just thrashing with my back to the mobs and not die. There is no reason esp if you get sockets in every item etc etc you need a tank meta.

Except... no.

Even in just current raid gear I can run in their and pull literally all of shattered halls without stopping and just thrashing with my back to the mobs and not die. There is no reason esp if you get sockets in every item etc etc you need a tank meta.
    I thought you didn't do TW dungeons. Anyways you'd die right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I thought you didn't do TW dungeons. Anyways you'd die right away.
    I haven't since Archi died.

You wouldn't die? Its how I did timewalking first week we just pulled the world.

I haven't since Archi died.

You wouldn't die? Its how I did timewalking first week we just pulled the world.
    "We". There's a big difference between doing it in a stack and not.

Except... no.

In half the dungeons, you'd get stunned and shred to pieces if you tried that. In Mana Tombs, you'd get sapped and your group overwhelmed by the army of mobs following you suddenly losing interest in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In half the dungeons, you'd get stunned and shred to pieces if you tried that. In Mana Tombs, you'd get sapped and your group overwhelmed by the army of mobs following you suddenly losing interest in the tank.
    This is exactly what happened to me last night except it was Shattered Halls, not Mana Tombs. Completely forgot about the stealthed guys and dragged a group into 2-3 of them there at the end.

On the whole though, the BC 5mans felt easier across the board. I'm going to chalk a lot of that up to the new gear setup.

Also liking the new bonus for selecting a role that is in need (eg. tank or healer) Nearly doubled my badges overnight. Which is helpful since I don't really care for the BC dungeons.

Like I said, the dps meta was nerfed long ago for tank specc and the procc only hits the current target, so there's no solid reason for using it instead of the tank meta except for doing some little extra dps on bosses.
    Last edited by Daan; 2015-10-02 at 09:06 PM.

I wish they were good enough for me to want to do them... lol

I just don't care about mounts or pets i just raid lol.
    Then the extra roll for a few minutes in a easy dungeon is a good reason to go.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Then the extra roll for a few minutes in a easy dungeon is a good reason to go.
    It really isn't though. When I would rather not be on WoW at all outside raid. 5 mans have always been aids and coins are worthless when you just don't bother coining anymore because you get gold 13 rolls in a row going for specific items wf/s.

If I/anyone is progressing they should do them without thinking, but the instant progression is over there is just no reason to do them anymore.

If people want mounts go for it... people already have it because they like timewalking or something, but idk 5 mans aren't content they are just a annoying thing you have to run for 10 hours in a row at the start of an expac and ignore for the rest.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-10-02 at 10:09 PM.