Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WTB Manual of Rapid Pathfinding..

I personally just want to buy a manual and fly. I don't want to complete all the content there is, especially because it's not relevant content to my toon. Just a boring snooze fest that means nothing. I just can't be bothered doing it and I will probably end up not flying at all in Draenor because of this.

Anyone else who just can't be bothered doing the achieve for flying? I really just want a vendor/trainer like in previous expansions. Worked fine.

If you can't be bothered to to the outdoor content to unlock flying, what do you even need flying for? Not for outdoor content apparently

I actually kinda like the Achievement method, mainly because I'm not a huge fan of paying a couple thousand gold per character each xpac to fly in an area I may or may not ever come back to. I had already finished up most of the achievement stuff just by leveling my first toon through Draenor, I just had to go back and get a few treasures, explore a few areas, and do the Pit assault. It only took me a couple hours to finish everything, and now I'll have flying on all my toons.

Though I could see the appeal of having an alternate method where you just buy the skill for gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I personally just want to buy a manual and fly. I don't want to complete all the content there is, especially because it's not relevant content to my toon. Just a boring snooze fest that means nothing. I just can't be bothered doing it and I will probably end up not flying at all in Draenor because of this.

Anyone else who just can't be bothered doing the achieve for flying? I really just want a vendor/trainer like in previous expansions. Worked fine.
    To think that there were people even that lazy to do a few hops over a hoop to get their item. Yet some wonder why we complain that the current playerbase feels so entitled and wanting to have everything without any work required.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=22130916

There's at least 1000 other threads with the word flying in it, im sure this topic has been covered ;p

Not so sure if OP can't be bothered to do the quests...or is just really really lazy and wants to whine about it.

My god, you whine that you cant fly, then you whine that you need to do something to fly! Your the reason the game has gotten worse. Nothing can please you.

The achieve is incredibly easy to do and you should have finished at least some of it way before now (exploring, and quests)

Only thing that is remotely a grind is the 3 reps, which you only need to be revered with.

My god, you literally do this by just PLAYING THE GAME, there is nothing special or hard about it. You just play the game and can get this achievement.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

I swear most of the flybabies are just people who rolled on a PvP server and realised they didn't like PvP if they (a) didn't outnumber the enemy 10 to 1 and (b) could fly away like a coward when somebody competitive turned up.

Was the same shit with Cross Realm Zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    My god, you whine that you cant fly, then you whine that you need to do something to fly! Your the reason the game has gotten worse. Nothing can please you.

The achieve is incredibly easy to do and you should have finished at least some of it way before now (exploring, and quests)

Only thing that is remotely a grind is the 3 reps, which you only need to be revered with.

My god, you literally do this by just PLAYING THE GAME, there is nothing special or hard about it. You just play the game and can get this achievement.
    That's the whole issue that it's so easy that it's mundane, boring and uninspiring. It's just forced bullshit because Blizzard can't decide they want to keep flying or not.

That's a shame.

If you want buy the rep you can get those medallions of the legion they run 5-7k on my server

http://www.wowhead.com/item=128315/m...-of-the-legion

Everything else is pretty easy

That's the whole issue that it's so easy that it's mundane, boring and uninspiring. It's just forced bullshit because Blizzard can't decide they want to keep flying or not.
    then shut up and don't do it. Don't complain you cant fly. its your own laziness.

And handing gold to a vendor is inspired gameplay mechanics? QQ moar...your tears quench my thirst.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been something you could buy for crying out loud, why is doing some irrelevant tasks that have no impact whatsoever suddenly the way to go and proclaimed to be inspiring gameplay mechanics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    If you can't be bothered to to the outdoor content to unlock flying, what do you even need flying for? Not for outdoor content apparently
    Ooooh! Winner!

15+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the desire to have things not change. That said, with this method you are unlocking flying account wide with one character and for all levels.

If you think about it, the new method, while requiring more work, is actually somewhat of a buff to flying.

The only sticky part is when they unlock flying for that content.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

It's always been something you could buy for crying out loud, why is doing some irrelevant tasks that have no impact whatsoever suddenly the way to go and proclaimed to be inspiring gameplay mechanics?
    They do have an impact...they allow you to fly.

The tasks clearly aren't irrelevant as they unlock flying. And they clearing have impact as they unlock flying. Oh no, you have to work for some in WoW again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact is, things change. Buying it with gold is about as uninspiring as a National Anthem sung by Carrot Top.

The more boring you find the outdoor content the more reason there is to do it on one toon to get flying, then every alt from now on that hits draenor you can get through it quicker...