Mythic Kormrok - ring usage

We're starting progression on Kormrok and we're not quite sure what is the best time to use the ring. I've heard of the idea of "charging" the ring on the hands for a fuckton of damage on boss. We're doing green, orange, purple. We tried popping on pull then on 2nd hands, we tried popping on first hands but then it didnt seem to be quite ready for the 2nd hands (by a few seconds). Anyways, what do you guys say?

Also, when poping on first hands we notice that the ring would blow up while the tank hand was up - does that mean the ring explosion damage got split by the boss and the hand? And is that a bad thing? We tried making a ranged use the ring to out range the hand and still hit boss, not sure we were able to do it.

Yes use the ring on Hands 1 and Hands 3.

Lust right after you soak the first shit from leap. Ring on Hands. Having the tank hand get hit is fine. It should barely overkill it so you won't waste damage.

Last one just use it whenever its up if you even get another. Long as you beat the Hands/Pound combo like 45ish seconds(i think its this idk haven't seen that far into fight since first kill) into purple side.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's blowing up on the hand, it's wasted damage. The ring splits damage evenly among all targets, so if you store up 30 million damage with the ring and it hits the boss and the hand, it will in effect do 15 million damage to each. I don't know how the split works, TBH though. Meaning that I'm not sure if an add has say 100 health left, and another target has 100 million, if a 30 million explosion would just do 100 and then basically 29 million to the other target, or if it would split evenly. It definitely splits evenly if no target dies though.

As far as usage goes, depends on what your kill time is. Ours is around at or below the 4 minute mark, so realistically we only get 2 rings in.

Most first time kills are going to be around the 5 minute mark, so you can get 3 rings off.

You use rings on hands only. You want the ring to explode AFTER every hand is already killed, this way the damage goes straight to the boss and is not split to other targets. Depending on how much aoe your raid has, you can pop ring a couple seconds before hands come out and it will be fine.

Blowing up on the crushing tank hand and kormrok at the same time is also fine, it should one-shot it with a small amount of overkill damage and let all dps go back to attacking boss. Ideally you would tell people to not dps the crushing hand if the ring is going to explode it anyways, to minimize wasted damage.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-20 at 05:45 PM.

Pop ring as hands spawn. Nuke down adds and let ring release its damage on boss. If ring damage is split on adds your aoe dps sucks and needs to be sorted first of all.

Highly recomend going Green->Purple->orange.. the waves look hard as hell.. but it saves soo much dps of people trying to deal with empowered runes.
    If you have an amazing Rune team.. then keep doing what you're doing... I just thought my rune team was amazing.. but like.. 3-4 pulls into switching to G>P>O from G>O>P we killed the boss.
    Also 3 heal.

I am using this thread for my question instead of creating a new one.
    Can someone explain to me when Kormrok enters his Enrage phase? I don't get it.
    There are some kills with him going into Enrage at 2:40 and some kills without Enrage at 3:40.

Are you talking about hard enrage or soft enrage? Because soft enrage is percentage based. I think from memory 30%??? Could be wrong there.

Deleted
    Soft enrage is 30%, and increases the speed of his ability usage.

With the most common tactic (O>G>P), there is a point in the fight about 5 minutes in where you get runes + hands + pound in very quick succession. This is a more significant soft enrage because it's far more difficult than anything before that part.

Also, what is most people doing there heals wise? 3 healing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Also, what is most people doing there heals wise? 3 healing it?
    We've always 3-healed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teomas View Post
    I am using this thread for my question instead of creating a new one.
    Can someone explain to me when Kormrok enters his Enrage phase? I don't get it.
    There are some kills with him going into Enrage at 2:40 and some kills without Enrage at 3:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaper909 View Post
    Are you talking about hard enrage or soft enrage? Because soft enrage is percentage based. I think from memory 30%??? Could be wrong there.
    Pretty sure he casts enrage just before leap if he is sub 30% when he goes to leap, it's neither timed nor % based but basically a mix of both which is why you see the weird cases...that said his 'enrage' is not generally what people refer to as his soft enrage but rather the runes with hands like 3 seconds later just passed the 5m mark (which also follow the triple wave/pound if you do purple last like most guilds do).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    Soft enrage is 30%, and increases the speed of his ability usage.

With the most common tactic (O>G>P), there is a point in the fight about 5 minutes in where you get runes + hands + pound in very quick succession. This is a more significant soft enrage because it's far more difficult than anything before that part.
    Didn't know most people goes Orange first, green seems like a breeze to handle and you get extra ring dmg from hands. I actually thought everyone went green first due to loosing so much dps from handling orange. We only went orange on heroic.