Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Little Healer - mobile healer simulator

For the last few months we've been working on a game that can fix my itch to play WoW. We went for a healer gameplay as the most rewarding and interesting.

Let me introduce Little Healer, the game where you heal your party (raid) and kill bosses. There are different spells, different tactics, talent tree, many bosses and such.

We had an composer hired to do the soundtrack and are quite satisfied with results.

The game is completely free, without in-app purchases or ads and comes for iOS and Android.
    We'd love you to check out the game and leave some feedback. The encounters are tightly balanced, so it might take you a while to beat the game.

Make sure to play a very short tutorial.

Here are the screenshots for you to check out:

http://imgur.com/a/XFQfb

Here are the links:

iOS -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/litt...r/id1029875017

Android -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...z.littlehealer

I also stream game development daily, you can see the details in app description in appstores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    What no windows phone?

Deleted
    I noticed in one of your previous streams you mentioned you wanted a "loyal user base" before you added advertisements.

Is this allowed? As obviously this is a WoW ripoff (pixelated versions of WoW spells) which is fine as long as it's free, but do ads not then count as monetising Blizzard's intellectual property?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I noticed in one of your previous streams you mentioned you wanted a "loyal user base" before you added advertisements.

Is this allowed? As obviously this is a WoW ripoff (pixelated versions of WoW spells) which is fine as long as it's free, but do ads not then count as monetising Blizzard's intellectual property?
    The game description says there are no ads and it is free. Looks interesting.

Zyalo at the moment no ads are planned. I made this game more as experience that anything. I might consider adding them later with new content, to offset the production costs. But at the moment I'm working on another game.

About the pixelated versions of WoW spell - yes, I took inspiration from WoW, but each spell is drawn from ground up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voley View Post
    Zyalo at the moment no ads are planned. I made this game more as experience that anything. I might consider adding them later with new content, to offset the production costs. But at the moment I'm working on another game.

About the pixelated versions of WoW spell - yes, I took inspiration from WoW, but each spell is drawn from ground up.
    Windows phone and I may try it

Deleted

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing, I think the concept is very fun. Especially designing the boss logic behind the scenes, I just want to make sure you don't get yourself in any trouble monetising Blizzard's IP (Spell Icons, Boss Names, etc.)

Deleted
    At this point why not just play WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a browser based game exactly like this?

Maybe not in that detail but the principle was the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting so far. I don't know what it is about healing that I enjoy so much...but I love it.

One suggestion I have is regarding spell names. Unless I'm missing something, the names don't show up anywhere outside of talents. So I was confused for a second there with the talent to Healing Song, wondering what Healing Song is.

Wow, this game is actually alot of fun

Great job!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    At this point why not just play WoW
    Well, it's a hell of a lot easier to pull open an app on my phone than to try and arrange a raid. It's also free.

- - - Updated - - -

This Batchwerk encounter is cheap. >.> I always run out of mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Well, it's a hell of a lot easier to pull open an app on my phone than to try and arrange a raid. It's also free.

- - - Updated - - -

This Batchwerk encounter is cheap. >.> I always run out of mana.
    I'm stuck on it as well. Even with the jumping renew talent and using it on CD I can barely keep the raid up between hymns. I got really close with Prayer of Healing but the end was basically me watching the raid die because I had no mana. Maybe the mana regen talent would be good for this fight? I suck at this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerothian View Post
    I'm stuck on it as well. Even with the jumping renew talent and using it on CD I can barely keep the raid up between hymns. I got really close with Prayer of Healing but the end was basically me watching the raid die because I had no mana. Maybe the mana regen talent would be good for this fight? I suck at this game
    I couldn't seem to take that talent with only 2 points. It wouldn't let me.

Eventually what I did was take the Greater Heal talent and use that for healing. The trick is to not waste too much mana on Circle of Healing and to not worry about topping off party members. The raid damage only takes off like 1/3 of the party's health so they can survive two in a row, meanwhile only tanks take damage outside of it. I'd keep regen up on both tanks, then cycle in as many Greater Heals as I could on the party. I also had the talent where the third heal is 100% more potent (or whatever) so I used that strategically to top off the tank being targeted as Regen isn't perfect. Then, of course, I used the special Healing Song ability as much as I could after the 2nd raid damage cycle. I only had to use Circle of Healing like twice in "oh shit" moments (mostly when Healing Song was off CD).

TLDR: it's hard as fuck but possible. Now I'm stuck on the mushroom boss, whose mechanics don't make sense to me. O_O
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2015-08-21 at 01:21 AM.

Got to and defeated Chromagon, but the game doesn't move on to the next area. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing something. Also, I can't exit the game; I have to use my home button to get out and force close the game manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Got to and defeated Chromagon, but the game doesn't move on to the next area. Not sure if it's a bug or I'm missing something. Also, I can't exit the game; I have to use my home button to get out and force close the game manually.
    Sorry about back button, will fix it in update. Chromagon is currently last boss, thank you for beating the game. You are awesome!

Sorry about back button, will fix it in update. Chromagon is currently last boss, thank you for beating the game. You are awesome!
    Bugs are to be expected, so no worries! Also, seems my progress isn't saved when I have to force close. Only mentioning that in case it still happens with the fix.

I found it fun, nice work.

Neat, but wish there was some way to tell what the debuffs were doing. Like on lucifier I don't know if what they actually do since they don't damage anyone, I presume some sort of statistical thing like reduced healing / more dmg taken? But I'm still going oom before the dps kill luc so idk what to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Neat, but wish there was some way to tell what the debuffs were doing. Like on lucifier I don't know if what they actually do since they don't damage anyone, I presume some sort of statistical thing like reduced healing / more dmg taken? But I'm still going oom before the dps kill luc so idk what to do here.
    Try dispelling them! There is not much damage going on, that might be a hint!

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    What no windows phone?
    Our struggle is real.