Deleted

Reinstalling wow without losing settings

If i chose to reinstal the game and save the wtf and interface folders.

In that case i won't have to set everyting up again?

Deleted
    Yep, exactly. save your WTF and interface folders, and you can keep your UI.

The WTF folder is your default UI / addon configuration for each toon. The interface folder contains the addons themselves.

You shouldn't have a problem keeping your UI, as long as you transfer the WTF folder.

Deleted
    Thanks alot.

As a quick tip, if you are reinstalling the game because you are moving to a new hard drive, or a different computer, you can just copy and paste the WoW folder to the new location. This will move everything (including screenshots, WTF, addons, etc), and you'll be able to auto-magically run WoW from the new location with no hassles and no need to reinstall.

I've done this by copying WoW from my desktop to various laptops I've had over the years.

Deleted
    What about curse client? Any problems regarding that?

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    What about curse client? Any problems regarding that?

Such as? WoW isn't "installed" like many games. It makes no registry changes. You can move the folder to whatever location you want. Typical install is the user/games directory. I always copy the entire game folder when changing drives etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    If i put back the folders back after reinstalling. In that case is it possible to keep track of my addons in curse client? Will my addons automaticly appear in curse client?

If i put back the folders back after reinstalling. In that case is it possible to keep track of my addons in curse client? Will my addons automaticly appear in curse client?
    If all the addons were installed from curse, then there should be no issue as it will scan the addons folder and try to identify them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You can tell curse to look in whatever directory your wow is located and it will load your addons. It doesn't care where it is either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.