Monk buffs not on newest patch update?

Just looking at the main page, and I've noticed that the monk buffs don't appear on the patch anymore.

Is this simply due to the comment about the tooltips? or have they been reversed already?

10+ Year Old Account

"Please note that tooltip description for the following Monk abilities will be inaccurate. This will be corrected in a future patch."

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to be clear on how Blizzard handles the Monk non-magic damage multipliers, is that they have to MANUALLY ADJUST the numbers on the tooltip. This takes time since they have to do this for EVERY language version of the tooltip. Every other weapon or mage damage value is stored somewhere else that they can adjust and it gets reflected in the tooltip automatically. Trust me when I say I've bugged Celest about this. I'm HOPING this gets fixed in Legion. This is why when you look at the monk module of SimC, you will see all the damage multipliers hard-coded into the module. This is not the case for any other module (unless there is some screwbally spell that needs manually adjusted).

10+ Year Old Account
    When I look at a couple of Monk ability tooltips on say, WoWhead, I see a bunch of complicated formulas unlike other classes' spells such as DK's howling blast. I assume that's what you meant, Hina?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    When I look at a couple of Monk ability tooltips on say, WoWhead, I see a bunch of complicated formulas unlike other classes' spells such as DK's howling blast. I assume that's what you meant, Hina?
    Yes and no. Most of those formulas is the whole making sure the 2H weapons and 1H weapons do the same damage. I'll give an example from Rising Sun Kick

[10.0 * ((1.0 * (1 + $versadmg)) * (0.857143 * (Mainhand Min DPS + 1 * (Offhand Min DPS /2)) + Attack power / 3.5 - 1))] to [10.0 * ((1.0 * (1 + $versadmg)) * (0.857143 * (Mainhand Max DPS + 1 * (Offhand Max DPS /2)) + Attack power / 3.5 + 1))]
    99% of that line is just making sure the damage is the same if you are using a 2-Hander or dual welding. This is what is called "weapon normalization." The damage multiplier that I am referring to is the "10.0" value. That value is the one that I look at when Blizzard says they are buffing or nerfing a spell.

So in the case of 6.2.2, Blizzard says that they are buffing the damage by 10%. That means I multiply the 10.0 by 1.1 (nerfing by 10% means I multiply by 0.9). So in 6.2.2, that 10.0 will be 11.0.

Another example is Fists of Fury:

[(5 * 7.367 * ((1.0 * (1 + $versadmg)) * (0.857143 * (Mainhand Min DPS + 1 * (Offhand Min DPS /2)) + Attack power / 3.5 - 1)) + 5 * 7.367 * ((1.0 * (1 + $versadmg)) * (0.857143 * (Mainhand Max DPS + 1 * (Offhand Max DPS /2)) + Attack power / 3.5 + 1))) / 2]
    The 5 indicates the number of "ticks" in the channel and the 7.367 is the multiplier that I look at. Everything else is weapon normalization. So when blizzard says they are buffing by 20%, that means it's getting buffed to ~8.8404 (probably rounded down to 8.840)
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-08-21 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    AFAIK the 0.857143 also switches to 1 depending on whether or not you're using 2h or 1h.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    AFAIK the 0.857143 also switches to 1 depending on whether or not you're using 2h or 1h.
    That is correct. That number is ONLY when dual welding is enabled (technically when the main hand has a 1-hand equipped).

My bad, I should have made it clearer.

The monk buffs are not listed on the most recent post, the spell changes one.

Is this simply because of the manual update of the spells and tooltips?

Quote Originally Posted by dellieve View Post
    My bad, I should have made it clearer.

The monk buffs are not listed on the most recent post, the spell changes one.

Is this simply because of the manual update of the spells and tooltips?
    The script they use to compile those "green text" patch changes lists reads from the in-game data. The monk changes are not reflected in the client-side data on the PTR server (yet), thus they don't show up. That'll be corrected before the patch actually goes live.

If you log on the PTR server and test the abilities, they'll do more damage than the tooltip indicates, just as the patch notes say they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    The script they use to compile those "green text" patch changes lists reads from the in-game data. The monk changes are not reflected in the client-side data on the PTR server (yet), thus they don't show up. That'll be corrected before the patch actually goes live.

If you log on the PTR server and test the abilities, they'll do more damage than the tooltip indicates, just as the patch notes say they will.
    I haven't seen the damage increase on PTR yet. My BoK hits for 11-12k on live and 11-12k on the PTR. RSK sits around 16k on both as well. (Without TP or TeB up. )
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I haven't seen the damage increase on PTR yet. My BoK hits for 11-12k on live and 11-12k on the PTR. RSK sits around 16k on both as well. (Without TP or TeB up. )
    How long did you test? Logging in and doing a couple of BoKs and RSKs really isn't good enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    The BEST way to test is

a) get naked
    b) Grab the staff from the enchanting supply vendor in either Org or Stormwind
    c) equip said staff
    d) attack a boss target dummy.

The staff is a level 1 or 4 staff so the damage variance is 1-3 damage values.