Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Still a lot of macho groups in the US, gangs, immigrant groups. Around here it's still a bad thing to be considered feminine. Maybe that will change one day.

Europe seems pretty feminine these days.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You're going to need a better definition of feminine.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well if it doesn't look like a gorilla, or expresses emotion, it is feminine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    feminine
    ˈfɛmɪnɪn/Submit
    adjective
    having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.
    "the snowdrops gave a feminine touch to the table"
    synonyms: womanly, womanlike, ladylike, girlish, female; More
    GRAMMAR
    of or denoting a gender of nouns and adjectives, conventionally regarded as female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I believe so I hear phrases that make me think so at least. Like when I hear an adult male say something like "you are just a bunch bullies" my immediate thought is "what a pansy" or "grow some balls" that and in general the amount of males who whine rather than give a legitimate complaint.

If you mean there's less macho dickheads who think being a "man" is trying to act tough and talking about nothing but sport and tits then I hope so.

So you're asking if men on average, worldwide, are becoming pussies?

Maybe. No idea. I know America isn't. Our population(men and women) is still pretty adamant about fucking people's shit up, even if the fringe/code pink people have a larger microphone. Proof: See Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. Two more hardcore cut-throat candidates you will never meet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say this has been going on for at least 100 years now...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    feminine
    ˈfɛmɪnɪn/Submit
    adjective
    having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness.
    "the snowdrops gave a feminine touch to the table"
    synonyms: womanly, womanlike, ladylike, girlish, female; More
    GRAMMAR
    of or denoting a gender of nouns and adjectives, conventionally regarded as female.
    Traditionally associated with women would be highly up for debate.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The hot chocolate sipping pajama guy from the Obamacare ad. Is that what you're talking about OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetze View Post
    It's a fad.

I have several teachers in my family which have been teaching for several decades and they have seen the fads come and go. The current one is to have all those genders and what not, even at young ages where you don't even understand what that would mean.

People do stuff for attention. It has always been like this.
    actually it is a lot more than fad
    sexuality and experiment is becoming greyer and greyer and more and more accepted

I would point out that it is still generally socially unacceptable for a man to wear a dress/skirt or to wear makeup.

However it would probably be useful to distinguish "more feminine" from simply evolving notions of masculinity.

I mean guys of any sexuality who are perhaps a little camp or in general seems more feminine e.g. emotional, interest in cosmetics, keen interest in fashion, etc.
    I don't think so based on my personal experiences. But it is more than likely perception that femininity among heterosexual males is on an increase is due to greater exposure and communication of the modern era. In other words, one is more likely to see effete males due to higher media access among mundane or vulgar persons.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-08-21 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feminism in men always existed.....
    And it actually gets you a lot of pussy.
    More than being a macho.

Whereas, feminism and macho aren't exclusive from one another.
    Marc Bolan, Bryan Ferry, Mick Jagger come to mind right away for that matter.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetze View Post
    It's a fad.

I have several teachers in my family which have been teaching for several decades and they have seen the fads come and go. The current one is to have all those genders and what not, even at young ages where you don't even understand what that would mean.

People do stuff for attention. It has always been like this.
    The increased dimension of gender has always been there. What changes is how accepting people are of it. As society moves towards acceptance, more and more of this variety appear. As society moves against acceptance, more and more will recede and hide their feelings.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about being more feminine or masculine.

People (men AND women) are becoming more comfortable in doing/feeling what they LIKE, not what society tells them they should like.

By feminine I don't mean homosexuals. I mean guys of any sexuality who are perhaps a little camp or in general seems more feminine e.g. emotional, interest in cosmetics, keen interest in fashion, etc.

Personally I don't really see an issue To each their own i'm just curious if it's occurring because of supply and demand (women wanting men to be more feminine), media influence (meterosexual celebrities) or just a natural change in what's socially accepted in men? What's your opinion
    Humanity is, slowly but surely, eschewing gender stereotypes and allowing people to be who and what they wish to be. There's nothing wrong with that. There will still be super masculine males and super feminine females. The only difference is that we're not pigeonholing ourselves into being something that we may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious View Post
    It's not about being more feminine or masculine.

People (men AND women) are becoming more comfortable in doing/feeling what they LIKE, not what society tells them they should like.
    I am going to agree, but there is a group who refuse to adhere to previous social norms--maybe simply because the rest are doing otherwise. It is essentially the same mentality of hipsters.

Deleted
    To each their own i'm just curious if it's occurring because of supply and demand (women wanting men to be more feminine)
    That's funny. I hear women complain that guys/men are wimps these days. They are looking for a man, not another girlfriend.

I personally don't know what to think about these "feminine men". Some are really scary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That's funny. I hear women complain that guys/men are wimps these days. They are looking for a man, not another girlfriend.

I personally don't know what to think about these "feminine men". Some are really scary though.
    Yeah basically if you ever desire a woman's company you have to be a perfect man beast.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2015-08-21 at 02:47 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage