Thread: Coming back

Coming back

I played the game when it launched and reached level 50 on White Mage. Eventually stopped playing I think after the first month. I want to play a Bard so I need to level one from scratch.. What's the fastest way to level? I want to do all the ARR stuff before I buy the expansion as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    I played the game when it launched and reached level 50 on White Mage. Eventually stopped playing I think after the first month. I want to play a Bard so I need to level one from scratch.. What's the fastest way to level? I want to do all the ARR stuff before I buy the expansion as well.
    You have to do all patches from end of ARR to 2.55 anyway before entering Heavensward.

Right now, everyone's doing MSQs to around 46 where it ends, then FATES in N Thanalan until you get to the next MSQ, then FATES all the way to 50.

What are MSQs.. Sorry it's been awhile..

Edit: Main quests.. I remember. lol But I did all the main quests up to level 50 on my White Mage.. (Using the same character, just leveling a new class)

What are MSQs.. Sorry it's been awhile..

Edit: Main quests.. I remember. lol But I did all the main quests up to level 50 on my White Mage.. (Using the same character, just leveling a new class)
    You'll receive a 100% exp bonus until level 50. Imo just spam dungeons and do FATEs/levequests/hunt log/challenge log while you wait for the queue.

About the MSQ...they released a lot of MSQ after 2.0 so you'll have to complete all MSQ between 2.0 and 2.55 (check google for an accurate number).

Ok. So spam dungeons, do fates in between queues.. Once I reach 50 again, there will be new main story quests to do. Gotcha

Fate groups will be far and few between until you get around level 40, and some can't be done solo and if they can they tend to take a bit of time.

First, go get a code from the recruit a friend thread, once you pay for a month of game time you get a hat that gives you +20% exp up to level 25 (since you are leveling from 1 on an archer).
    Level 1-10 just go outside and smash mobs for exp and filling out the hunter journal for archer.

Then do dungeons and while those queues are going do some leveheist quests for exp. Try to avoid any that require you to /beckon a mob across the map as they are slow and annoying in comparison to most. Around Costa del sol (35) you may find some fate groups, but you mostly see those 40+ where the MSQ questline starts to get ahead of your level, to the point that you keep hitting a quest you can't do until you level once more every single level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Ok. So spam dungeons, do fates in between queues.. Once I reach 50 again, there will be new main story quests to do. Gotcha
    yeah if you are leveling a Tank or healer ques are pretty fast if a dps you should do fates while qued or MSQ which are main story quests.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    yeah if you are leveling a Tank or healer ques are pretty fast if a dps you should do fates while qued or MSQ which are main story quests.
    OP had a level 50 whm so they did the MSQ up to 50, now they are coming back to play an archer at level 1 and don't have any MSQ to do until 50.

Fortunately you get an exp boost to lower level jobs.