Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    get used to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, this is just a hobby for one person. Just like I despise when someone buys a pair of football shoes for 1500 dollars, some things are just some ways. We all have our hobbies, would be shattering for a person to know that his partner dislikes a side of him, just because of a choice he made long ago. I mean, OP must have a hobby too, no?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his life, let him do what he enjoys. If it's not your thing it doesn't have to be, but if you expect him to change what he enjoys (unless it's illegal or immoral) because you feel uncomfortable with it, that makes you selfish, likewise if he tries to force you to conform and be a furry when you really don't want to be, him doing that is also an asshole move.

If he wants you to wear a furry suit and you don't want to, make it clear, you respect his interests, but your not a furry, and if he respects you, he'll do that
    Last edited by Trassk; 2015-08-21 at 06:12 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Really, this is just a hobby for one person...
    Well no, it is often a sexual fetish which involves at least one other person.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    My feelings about all-things-furry aside, him choosing to buy that suit knowing both how you felt about it and what the money was meant for, is just an asshole thing to do. Don't know either of you, all I can suggest is talk to him. Either you have to accept it or he has to change in order to make it work, so you guys need to figure out which one of those works.

@OP

Take him to the veterinarian and have him/her explain neutering.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Deleted
    what the fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Have sex while he wears the fursuit.

Dump him and get with a normal person.

There is only one way to deal with a Furry

Fire, and lots of it.

Seriously though; furry-ism is a symptom of something wrong deeper in ones psyche. I would get out now and avoid the future issues.

Dump him, that shows pretty clearly you are not his top priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    "Normal" is a hard one... never met someone who didn't have a kink of some sort, though many don't know it at the time.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Have sex while he wears the fursuit.
    With another guy while he's crying in his fursuit? Sounds like a plan!

I always figured there was something mentally wrong with people like this. I've never understand people who need to act like special snowflakes to get attention. Because basically that's all that it is. A cry for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well no, it is often a sexual fetish which involves at least one other person.
    That wasn't the subject though. Still a hobby even if it is a time consuming fetish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    There is no such thing, someone has something that'll be a problem for someone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    If this was money you were both saving, then you have an issue. If it was purely his money, he can do whatever he wants with it. Unless you have a joint account together you have no power over what he spends his money on. Simple as that to me.
    It was indeed his money, but it was a huge mis-step in the steps we were taking to help him save money and share a good reward from it together. I'm a bit of a miser when it comes to money though. I don't blame him for spending money on something he likes, I am just very disappointed that he spent it on something without any practical value when he still has debts to pay off and is leaving himself in a dangerous position by clearing out his savings.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I am a furry, in the sense that I enjoy drawing anthro-type characters, but I have only ever been to one 'meet' and I do not own a fursuit. I am similar to you in the fact I dislike people wearing masks, and the badly made suits creep me out. But the well made ones are cute so I don't mind.

But another thing here is; is he wearing this around the house? I may have read wrong but it sounded like he was only wearing it to when he goes to his art things, if so then it's just his thing and you are not obliged to go, and don't have to if you feel awkward.
    Yea, he is at least only wearing it out to events, though he is bad about actually putting it up and just leaves it hanging in open view. Wearing it to his meet is fine, but wanting to wear it to other parties and events that I might actually want to go to and hang out with mutual friends is a bit more annoying to me.

I mean, I feel like these are all issues I could have discussed with him and talked about to help make decisions and plans beforehand... but instead he hid the fact that he was even getting one until it was already payed for and halfway created. The talks I have had with him now that he already has one just makes me feel like an asshole, since ideally I would have never wanted him to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    There is only one way to deal with a Furry

Fire, and lots of it.

Seriously though; furry-ism is a symptom of something wrong deeper in ones psyche. I would get out now and avoid the future issues.
    Seriously, you are full of bullshit on that.

Really, this is just a hobby for one person. Just like I despise when someone buys a pair of football shoes for 1500 dollars, some things are just some ways. We all have our hobbies, would be shattering for a person to know that his partner dislikes a side of him, just because of a choice he made long ago. I mean, OP must have a hobby too, no?
    Sadly I suffer from a form of paranoia that makes it incredibly hard for me to do anything out of the ordinary or cross someones line. I'm a little wild on the inside, but my hobbies are cooking/food critique, logic puzzles, yoga, and gardening. Hardly anything anyone would find offensive.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2015-08-21 at 06:23 PM.

Seriously, you are full of bullshit on that.
    Yah, an adult pretending he's really an animal is a normal and fully rational thing to do.

Let me guess, in real life your a Pyrofox right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    He bought the suit, knowing it was an issue for you, without consulting you at all. He's now flaunting it in your face whenever he has the opportunity.

Whether he's doing it deliberately or not, he's been very selfish and you might want to let him know how it's making you feel.
    Depending on the relationship he shouldn't have to consult on what he spends his money on. Either accept it or break it up.