Thread: Lunker's

10+ Year Old Account

Lunker's

Hey all, since El's is gone there's no real good information for fishing lunkers. Is there any way to increase the drop rate aside from stacking + fishing gear/consumables (which I've been doing)? The drop rate seems better than pre 6.1 but it still isn't that great.

There's not much else to it other than trying to max out your fishing skill. For me pools seem to have a decent droprate, but you lose time traveling from pool to pool.

Pools, bringing a guard/pet to throw pheromone fish onto, full fishing gear, time, a good video/movie/tv show to watch.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

I ground this out over the weekend, my best advice would be to make sure you have the +100 rod and hat, and then lots of worms, I didn't use any bait or pheromone fish (none seemed to drop for me from pools).

I fished up and down the coast of Spires of Arak on my raft, going from Pinchwhistle Gearworks (the goblin port) up to Shadowmoon Valley, there are lots of pools there to keep you fishing in them constantly. I did the last 45 I needed on Sunday and got them all in around 2.5 hours which isn't too bad compared to what I was getting elsewhere.

You really don't need any of this anymore.

Lately, I have been doing 5 a day in Tannan Jungle from the 5 pools next to the Hellfire Citadel entrance. Sometimes takes me 10 mins to get 5 and sometimes takes me 30 mins. It's all RNG in Tannan and I have only been doing 5 so I don't get burned out from doing it.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    I ground this out over the weekend, my best advice would be to make sure you have the +100 rod and hat, and then lots of worms, I didn't use any bait or pheromone fish (none seemed to drop for me from pools).

I fished up and down the coast of Spires of Arak on my raft, going from Pinchwhistle Gearworks (the goblin port) up to Shadowmoon Valley, there are lots of pools there to keep you fishing in them constantly. I did the last 45 I needed on Sunday and got them all in around 2.5 hours which isn't too bad compared to what I was getting elsewhere.
    Agree on the definitely get rod and hat and worms. Get other pieces of fishing gear if you can. Hm, bring a body guard for pheromones.

Check the prices of flesh/food so you know which lunker to fish for.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    I believe the pools give special attributes to fishing skill. It's all voodoo/a black box but I suspect it goes like "give them the forced items the pool gives but also raise the skill +300". That might explain why pools give more chance for it but they also seem to respect a lure too.

At first I thought lure is completely ignored in pools (e.g. "give them a flat 1200 when in pools") but then I noticed pools give more of it with lures.