Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Trump Bashes $4 Billion In IRS Refunds To Illegals

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwo...s-to-illegals/

President Obama and Donald Trump see immigration differently. The President’s aggressive executive action on immigration is still being litigated, and Mr. Trump proposes action of a different kind. In the meantime, tax credits and refunds for illegal immigrants have become controversial. Mr. Trump says illegal immigrants get $4.2 billion in tax credits. He can point to a 2011 audit by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. It confirms that individuals who are not authorized to work in the United States were paid $4.2 billion in refundable credits.

Earlier this year, IRS Commissioner Koskinen said that to claim a refund, an illegal immigrant would need to have filed past tax returns. Yet the IRS chief later corrected himself and said that they can claim the money even if they never filed tax returns in the past. According to the IRS, illegal immigrants granted amnesty and Social Security numbers can claim up to three years of back tax credits.

The IRS says a 2000 Chief Counsel Advice on this issue is correct. With the amnesty, illegal immigrants could receive tens of thousands of dollars in tax refunds. Calling the three year tax refund perk a mockery of the law, Senator Grassley noted that illegals would be able to claim billions of dollars in tax benefits.
    So in one year the US government has taken $4,000,000,000 from US citizens and handed it over to illegal invaders.

The government knows they are illegally filing for refunds, the government knows they are illegally receiving refunds, the government of course knows they are illegally infesting America ...and yet the government facilitates these crimes.

If President Obama's current immigration actions, which are also illegal, continue then illegal invaders will be able to cash in on further billions in past refunds they missed out on in addition to the billions they will take each year as this crime of paying illegals continues.

Think of all the things your government could be doing if they weren't paying illegal invaders to commit crimes.

Healthcare, education, infrastructure, financial assistance for actual citizens ...all these billions being spent to aid invaders and not Americans.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Uproar over money going to immigrants. Meanwhile private health care system costs are 17% of GDP.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're getting refunds, on taxes they paid. So, what's the problem?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    This. It's not like they literally raided the Treasury coffers themselves lol. Can't get a TAX refund without paying TAXES so.....

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically we can cover these costs completely for a decade by scrapping our F-35 fleet of useless planes.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

There is none. It's more of Trumps "immigrant are evil" rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Immigrants don't pay taxes'.

How do they get tax credits then? Stay classy, GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they're essentially giving the government a loan at 0% interest? Sweet deal.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Remember, this is the guy who wants to spend billions rounding up people for misdemeanors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Because they're here illegally, and if they're filling their taxes, this means the government knows where they live and rather give them money than doing their job which is deporting them for being here illegally....
    You are aware it would cost about twenty times the amount of tax credits to deport them all, yes?

The answer here is giving them amnesty.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    This. It's not like they literally raided the Treasury coffers themselves lol. Can't get a TAX refund without paying TAXES so.....
    "The gambit could apparently work even if you never paid taxes, never filed a return, and worked off the books. And the IRS says this is the way the Earned Income Tax Credit works.

Cautious IRS Commissioner Koskinen himself explained the seemingly bizarre result to Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa). Illegal immigrants covered by the President’s amnesty deal can claim back tax credits for work they performed illegally, even if they never filed a tax return during those years."

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    So in one year the US government has taken $4,000,000,000 from US citizens and handed it over to illegal invaders.

The government knows they are illegally filing for refunds, the government knows they are illegally receiving refunds, the government of course knows they are illegally infesting America ...and yet the government facilitates these crimes.

If President Obama's current immigration actions, which are also illegal, continue then illegal invaders will be able to cash in on further billions in past refunds they missed out on in addition to the billions they will take each year as this crime of paying illegals continues.

Think of all the things your government could be doing if they weren't paying illegal invaders to commit crimes.

Healthcare, education, infrastructure, financial assistance for actual citizens ...all these billions being spent to aid invaders and not Americans.
    If you think inequality is bad in the US now if Trump is actually elected it will get to a far worse point. Under his idea for changes to taxes it saves himself (and anyone else rich) billions of dollars in taxes while increasing the cost of everyday items by 20%. Essentially the rich would have every day people pay their taxes instead of them doing it.

4 billion is nothing compared to the 500+ billion (a year) those policy's would cost every day citizens.
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2015-08-21 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would involve acknowledging that "illegal immigrants" actually pay taxes, which wouldn't properly cater to Republicans' knee-jerk xenophobia.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, screw amnesty. There are ways of getting into the country legally, we have people here from all countries.
    Yeah.

And speaking as one who has gone through the naturalisation process, the hoops to jump through are mindfuckingly superfluous and difficult.

They're actively committing a crime. Would you say the police and government should give up trying to catch every mugger, every drug dealer, every rapist, and/or every murderer just because it costs too much?
    We could be adults and look at it ethical terms, that of cost/benefit, rather than saying 'something is a crime, therefore criminals are the worst scum and should be tortured to death because reasons'.

Because they're here illegally, and if they're filling their taxes, this means the government knows where they live and rather give them money than doing their job which is deporting them for being here illegally....

Any other criminal would be arrested and dealt with swiftly if their actions were openly known and their whereabouts known as well, while committing a crime openly. It's bullshit.
    If they applied to enter the country legally, how long of a wait is reasonable for their application to be processed?

21 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    'Immigrants don't pay taxes'.

How do they get tax credits then? Stay classy, GOP.
    This a troll, right???

lol you called mexicans "illegal invaders" arent we the real illegal invaders that stole native american land and pillaged their resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Meanwhile we give $100,000,000,000 from US citizens to companies as subsidies. Give me more illegal immigrants and less corporate welfare please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said they should be tortured to death or harmed in anyway. I am saying turning a blind eye and access to government assistance just because they hopped into the country is definitely NOT the answer, which is the route that is being taken.
    They pay taxes, they are entitled to assistance.