Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mexican Sunset Fire Opal

The most beautiful gemstone I ever saw. I ran across this on boring Google fest, and since then have been obsessed. I can't link pics from my cell or I would. The problem is, once I dug and dug, I couldn't find where to buy them. There's a billion different opal stores out there but none with that type of Opal. Can someone here help?

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is a long shot, but could someone link a pic for me? Sorry
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Here's a pic:

It certainly is pretty.

Honestly it sounds like a brand name, and looks like s higher quality Mexican fire opal. I think the sunset is tagged on to make it sound more exotic.
    Last edited by Tulune; 2015-08-22 at 04:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!!! There's one that's my favorite. It looks like the sky is on fire

Put some stars on it, could be a Dragon Ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Put some stars on it, could be a Dragon Ball.
    I'm almost tempted to think that's where the inspiration came from. They're certainly accurately-named and my word, are they lovely.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm frustrated because the shops I found are full of double speak and misleading descriptions. Wish someone knew where the real thing is to be found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    I'm frustrated because the shops I found are full of double speak and misleading descriptions. Wish someone knew where the real thing is to be found
    Unfortunately, your best bet for any precious stone will be collectors. Shops have a habit of advertising, say, a particularly dark peridot as a small emerald because they know the average person browsing their shop doesn't know gems well enough to tell the differences between two gems that seem similar at a glance. They just want the pretty one.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Unfortunately, your best bet for any precious stone will be collectors. Shops have a habit of advertising, say, a particularly dark peridot as a small emerald because they know the average person browsing their shop doesn't know gems well enough to tell the differences between two gems that seem similar at a glance. They just want the pretty one.
    Yep, got complimented a lot on my "green amethyst" engagement ring. :x

Collector here, it's just a fire opal with a fancy name attached to it. Very pretty though.

- - - Updated - - -

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Looking for the truth in the haystack of glass beads

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Collector here, it's just a fire opal with a fancy name attached to it. Very pretty though.

- - - Updated - - -
    I know. But finding one that looks like the picture would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if anyone has any ideas of where to find one, please let me know

10+ Year Old Account
    i much prefer tigers-eye.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Here's a pic:

It certainly is pretty.

Honestly it sounds like a brand name, and looks like s higher quality Mexican fire opal. I think the sunset is tagged on to make it sound more exotic.
    Its gorgeous!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i much prefer tigers-eye.
    Of course, liking this would require you to agree with someone and I believe your one of those people who just isnt capable of that

10+ Year Old Account
    i know liking tigerseye requires someone with a superior intellect something which you lack. as you can quite see there is nothing pretty about fire opal. but then again it's really easy to deconstruct your many ad hominems and flawed arguments.
    also eugenik you can't seem to make a single post without picking a fight. you want one you got one.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-08-22 at 05:30 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

i know liking tigerseye requires someone with a superior intellect something which you lack. as you can quite see there is nothing pretty about fire opal. but then again it's really easy to deconstruct your many ad hominems and flawed arguments.
    So angry.. So you just posted here to comment on how you like something else more? Ad hominem inc.; get a life

....eh? How is there noting pretty about opal?

Op, do you collect gemstones? Not a good or complete photo, but this is part of my collection.
    Last edited by Tulune; 2015-08-22 at 05:30 AM.

Gems are serious business.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....eh? How is there noting pretty about opal?
    it's really cloudy and unclear. a pretty gemstone needs to be clear capable of more jagged edges. that one just looks like a orange pebble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yaersulf View Post
    Gems are serious business.
    such a brilliant post. the marvelous observation of the obvious just flows right through it.

it's really cloudy and unclear. a pretty gemstone needs to be clear capable of more jagged edges. that one just looks like a orange pebble.
    Incapable /1more

7+ Year Old Account
    What? Why are you in my thread? Just to troll? Come on, I'm actually looking for information

ugly orange ball. but ya it could be a Dragonball if u added stars, good point. blue or green gems would be better imo.