Thread: B-Stock GTX 970

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

B-Stock GTX 970

Hello,

After countless hours of research I found out that the gtx 970 is a popular and beasty card for the money. The $330 price tag is a bit much for me right now. I heard of the site bstock that sells refurbished gtx 970s. The issue is it does not come with any accessories. Has anyone tried bstock?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hello,

After countless hours of research I found out that the gtx 970 is a popular and beasty card for the money. The $330 price tag is a bit much for me right now. I heard of the site bstock that sells refurbished gtx 970s. The issue is it does not come with any accessories. Has anyone tried bstock?

You could just wait a bit and get it cheaper, or even get a lower quality one.

Okay, so for those that don't know, video cards are made by different brands using the same chipset. In this case the GTX 970. While there are also the GT version that is still the same chipset, it just doesn't have all the bells and whistles. These do take a little longer to come out and tend to have less cooling or a different form factor. Then again, each manufacture has different form factors that you should be taking into account as well. Either way, these affect the pricing of the card itself.

Now that we know the 980s are on the way, if you wait till they hit the shelf, you can see that card dropping to below $250. Also depending on how much video ram you're looking at, you might be able to even move up a grade and still save money.

As for Bstock, well you might be barking up the wrong tree. I would stick to larger companies that have reputations and try not to get a refurbished / second hand item. Bstock probably has stock on them for a discounted price because of an issue or over purchasing of said item. Most likely companies are trying to get rid of the 970s to make room for the 980s.

Some manufacturers sell that kind of stuff in their web, probably safer: http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=8