Frost or Unholy Progression wise.

Just to mention i like both the specs i find them both fun i'm just looking for the best one overall

that's pretty much all that i'm asking, my guild and i are on our mythic progression even though we're 2/13 i just want to be prepared. I started creeping around the forums seeing other dk's saying unholy is way better than frost in later gear and that its passing frost even in ST fights and some others say frost is better on everything besides gorefiend, xhul and manno obv.

Again that's really all i'm asking is which is clearly a better spec damage wise on everything i appreciate the reply's c:

Deleted
    It all depends on what you have available for you when it comes to gear. Trinkets, weapons and tier.

the only thing im missing at the moment is my class trinket for unholy and the axe from fellord which will take time to get both but i should have it know time

Deleted
    In that case, assuming you have leg ring definitely BoS for ST with Vial and UeH and Frost/UH for AoE/Cleave fight's. I'd drop Frost for good when you get your hands on the class trinket.

For Mythic raiding, once you have your 4 piece and the class trinket, Unholy feels like the best choice. Even on fights that don't vastly favor Unholy, it is easily on par with dual wield frost at a minimum or even just pulling ahead slightly. If you were to commit to a single spec for all Mythic progression, Unholy is definitely your best bet.

Both are in pretty good places, but if you were going to pick one to focus on I'd go for Unholy. It is simply more flexible than frost (BoS ST, NP AOE) and scales better than frost with the legendary ring.

You are not a Frost DK. You are not an Unholy DK. You are a DK DPS. You should be willing and ready to play both specs since some fights favour one over the other. Some fights the differences don't matter as much. It dosen't really matter if you have the class trinket for Unholy, i killed Mythic Gorfiend with out it. You simply bring the best tool for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbattygal View Post
    You are not a Frost DK. You are not an Unholy DK. You are a DK DPS. You should be willing and ready to play both specs since some fights favour one over the other. Some fights the differences don't matter as much. It dosen't really matter if you have the class trinket for Unholy, i killed Mythic Gorfiend with out it. You simply bring the best tool for the fight.
    Problem is secondary stats don't match between UH and Frost (mastery best for DW frost, but worst for UH), which leads to having 2 sets of optimal gear (at least the gear which is enchanted, except the legendary ring).

Mastery is actually still really solid with unholy's NP.

Multistrike is obviously better overall but having mastery enchantments/gear pieces isn't the end of the world, especially if you swap between frost/unholy.

Deleted
    I have the following available

4 Set
    750 ilvl Legendary Ring
    Heroic Warforged Reaper's Harvest
    Heroic Empty Drinking Horn
    Heroic Discordant Chorus
    Heroic Unending Hunger

Mythic Fel-Burning Blade

1 handers I have Mythic Blazing Demonhilt Sword and Heroic Fiendsbreath Warmace

Frost or Unholy?

I'm only 5/13M atm, not many upgrades from the bosses I have on farm atm.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-08-24 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I have the following available

4 Set
    750 ilvl Legendary Ring
    Heroic Warforged Reaper's Harvest
    Heroic Empty Drinking Horn
    Heroic Discordant Chorus
    Heroic Unending Hunger

Mythic Fel-Burning Blade

1 handers I have Mythic Blazing Demonhilt Sword and Heroic Fiendsbreath Warmace

Frost or Unholy?
    In a word. Both.

Deleted
    Unholy for sure.

Its really simple. You have t18 4set? You have the legendary ring? If you can answer both with yes then you have met all requirements to play unholy and get results being capable of beating frost dw.

Reapers harvest is actually no big deal at all. If you don't include silly padding then you will use that trinket at max on 3 mythic encounters and wil, probably not use it at all once you're fully geared and have a maxed legendary ring.
    RH is not worth it at all if you don't have a notable amount of targets up on average. Its a dps loss for cleave, its a dps loss for burst AoE and only works for sustained AoE and even there you might have certain thresholds where trinkets like vial/DC/UeH can match it.

RH also gets slowly devalued the more MS you have as BB spam gets more lucrative, which makes keeping NP up more "expensive" dps wise leading to less gains from using NP which leads to less gains from using RH.
    NP + RH has huge potential for sustained AOE but its questionable how much you can make out of that potential and that depends on your killtimes, raid setup and gear.

Choosing a spec. Well Unholy is the winner for AoE. NP sustained AoE could even match frost dw before it was nerfed and is now clearly ahead in that category.
    ST entirely depends if you can execute BoS well. If you suck with BoS or choose for whatever reason to play with defile or NP frost dw will be a better choice for ST. Same for light cleave.

So in an ideal scenario unholy is the best choice for all encounters. In reality depending on the situation or your personal execution frost might be better for cleave and maybe also ST.

ST:

Can you maintain BoS for 20 seconds every use? If yes - Play Unholy. If no - Play Frost.

Cleave:

Do you have supreme meter whores that are going to pad like no other? If yes - Play Frost. If no - Play Unholy.

AoE:

Unholy.

Deleted
    I am trash with BoS.