Deleted

Problem with RealTek sound

Hi,

First of all I have Windows 10 and using Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager for my computers sound.

Recently a weird bug happened where a random box showed up by realtek saying I just plugged in a headphone device when I had a headphone device plugged in for 20 minutes already and I didn't plug anything else in at all. After I took out my head phones, the sound use to change over to my front speakers but instead no sound played at all.

After trying to work out why my front speakers would not work I finally managed to get it working by going into the realtek options and unchecking "Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone has been plugged in" and checking the option "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously".

Now the sound works but annoyingly when I plug in my headphones I need to disable sound manually from playing through my front speakers. Realtek is acting as if I constantly have headphones plugged in and I don't know why.

I have removed realtek and installed it again, restarted my pc many times, and still the problem persists and I have ran out of ideas. So annoyed because I haven't changed anything that could have caused this problem to occur in the first place.

Image of Realtek Options:

If anyone knows a solution or advice, let me know!
    Thank you for reading
    Last edited by mmoc18ce4fd071; 2015-08-22 at 02:39 PM.

How recently did this start happening? Only after the upgrade to Windows 10, or was it going on prior to that?