How is Beast Master?

Okay, so many people say MM is THE BEST Hunter spec right now.. But I've been looking over warcraft logs for Mythic.. Seems BM isn't doing that badly. Especially on Gorefiend where MM can't really use CS all that much unless during burn phase.

7+ Year Old Account
    MM all the way. BM can do well on Xhul and Iskar but id recommend you play MM and optimise your gear around MM.

BM doesn't do well on Iskar outside padding???

Quote Originally Posted by Shootdawoopy View Post
    MM all the way. BM can do well on Xhul and Iskar but id recommend you play MM and optimise your gear around MM.
    Well, I'm mainly gearing for MM.. But there are some fights where BM is blowing MM out the water according to the Warcraft logs. Unless you're getting 99% or 100% percentile for Gorefiend, BM is always ahead. Our guild is working on Mythic Gorefiend, hence why I ask because I'm doing some pretty low damage... Figured maybe BM is better on that fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I see there are 3 people who have done gorefiend mythic as BM. So unless you can link me these logs that I cant see. And yes BM would only be useful if you are padding. MM has been the best progression spec this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootdawoopy View Post
    From what I see there are 3 people who have done gorefiend mythic as BM. So unless you can link me these logs that I cant see. And yes BM would only be useful if you are padding. MM has been the best progression spec this expansion.
    I didn't notice that only a few people used BM om Gore.. But still.. 101,000 DPS on Gore as BM isn't bad.. Considering it's above the MM hunters until you reach 99-100 percentile.

I'm just bored of Marksman. =( lol Speaking of BM though, is the hunter trinket worth it for BM?

This is completely ridiculous, how could you even think of using bm on gorefiend. Gorefiend is 100% about controlling the adds and mm's insane burst on those adds is completely insane. Bm brings nothing but mindless and low aoe to the fight while at the same time breaking souls early and causing wipes. This is not even a consideration for progress. The people who have those bm parses on gorefiend are well beyond progression and farming it. Any hunter who would run bm on gorefiend is not worthy of a raid spot plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    mm's insane burst on those adds is completely insane.
    man, so insane

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    Well, I'm mainly gearing for MM.. But there are some fights where BM is blowing MM out the water according to the Warcraft logs. Unless you're getting 99% or 100% percentile for Gorefiend, BM is always ahead. Our guild is working on Mythic Gorefiend, hence why I ask because I'm doing some pretty low damage... Figured maybe BM is better on that fight.
    The reason some hunters go BM for Gorefiend is mainly because with MM your chimaera shot can break people out depending on the strat and where you concentrate people droping their spirits.

With BM they don't have to worry about chim shot accidentally breaking someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arecibo View Post
    The reason some hunters go BM for Gorefiend is mainly because with MM your chimaera shot can break people out depending on the strat and where you concentrate people droping their spirits.

With BM they don't have to worry about chim shot accidentally breaking someone out.
    Haha, what?

No one does that. Or no one does that with a brain.

Marksmanship with no Chimaera Shot on the boss (the only situation where the cleave disadvantage applies) is way better than BM in any case. You won't even get to Chimaera Shot the boss for most of the phase 1's anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Haha, what?

No one does that. Or no one does that with a brain.

Marksmanship with no Chimaera Shot on the boss (the only situation where the cleave disadvantage applies) is way better than BM in any case. You won't even get to Chimaera Shot the boss for most of the phase 1's anyway.

Some do and have, I know I did try it when we were progressing on the fight but stayed with marksman just not chim shotting. This was not a mention of how I think BM is better but the reasoning as to why some would try it.

With all the knowledge there is now that progression is over of course MM is superior for Gorefiend because of its high damage to adds with aimed shot.

Going BM on Gorefiend just shows selfishness. Unless you choose blink as your talent (and no one ever will) you waste so much dps on the adds waiting for the pet to actually get there. While as a MM hunter your chimera shot with a critical can help extraordinarily on the adds.

You can chimaera on gorefiend if you know how to (awkwardly) position yourself correctly. Chimaera shot's cleave portion cannot cleave anything behind your character. If you aim your character at the right angle while near the boss, you can remove the problem of chimaera killing spirits.

Chimaera Shot has no problem cleaving behind your character. It is perfectly happy to cleave Dread Infernals standing well behind you (and pretty far away) on Mannoroth, for example.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    You can chimaera on gorefiend if you know how to (awkwardly) position yourself correctly. Chimaera shot's cleave portion cannot cleave anything behind your character. If you aim your character at the right angle while near the boss, you can remove the problem of chimaera killing spirits.
    Even then I think it's more helpful for progression to be using chimera on essences and constructs rather than doing some extra (meaningless) boss damage and possibly ending up in some weird spot for shared fate
    start9