Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Sometimes I really hate humanity. Why would someone choose to commit violence over making the world a better place?

Who here would join Saren?

15+ Year Old Account
    The inevitable, eradication of religion as all other plagues.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

With information becoming so readily available, a push for critical thinking skills in education. Being able to weed out the good from the bad information will grease the wheels to the already insane technological advancement we've had during my lifetime, and we could very well end up with immortality and/or uploading our consciousness forever into computers within my lifetime if we just had less stupid, backwards ideas clogging the wheels by telling people to distrust science and sabotage education.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The inevitable, eradication of religion as all other plagues.
    Not necessarily, but certainly the eradication of this idea of "faith", that we need to blindly accept ideas without any good reason to think they're true. Anyone that resorts to that approach, or any other logical fallacy, should be seen for what they are: Ignorant, or a fraud.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2015-09-05 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    The death of it so the rest of the beautiful chain of life can fill our place.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    With information becoming so readily available, a push for critical thinking skills in education. Being able to weed out the good from the bad information will grease the wheels to the already insane technological advancement we've had during my lifetime, and we could very well end up with immortality and/or uploading our consciousness forever into computers within my lifetime if we just had less stupid, backwards ideas clogging the wheels by telling people to distrust science and sabotage education.
    The reason critical thinking skills are pushed in the first place, is because software is still not able to translate the mountains of data (that we have on just about everything) into usable information. Thus, human filters for that data are required to come up with usable information. One valid solution is that the entire human race becomes really good at critical thinking and sorting this kind of data, but that's not really a plausible solution in of itself; without a radical change in nutrition and the implementation of wide-scale human genetic engineering, I doubt we'll really be able to get that going.

Another valid solution is that software and hardware engineers create increasingly powerful artificial filters for that ever-increasing pile of data to work out useful information which is then relayed to the end-user. And because of the nature of both software and manufactured computers, a single advance can be replicated and disseminated to the rest of the world. I personally think this solution is more plausible than pushing everybody to be good at sifting through data.