Deleted

Red face Keyboard turner requests help from digital legends. RE - PC building

Good evening folks,

To cut to the chase, fell away from WoW about half way through WoD and am thinking of coming back to see how WoD played out , get myself set up for the new expansion when it finally comes out.

My current PC was one my old man built for me as i have never really thought or looked into building my own PC, but thought it would make a nice project. So was looking on for some tips on how to go about it, where to start, useful websites or anything in particular that maybe you think could help or expand my knowledge on the matter.

Current PC is not really the best i would imagine, would not be able to tell you the exact components in this thing but safe to say when in city's and 25 man raids it was just a complete FPS nightmare. But would be looking to be able to play and explore the full game as well as other online games comfortably would imagine it would not need to be top of the range stuff, but above the normal stock Gamer PC's you can buy from online websites.

Not sure how much cash (GBP) such a rig would cost, have a budget of around say 1000 pounds, would this be enough for such a machine or would i be overpaying for what i have in mind, already have keyboard/monitor ect so would just be looking for the tower and components.

Thanks for taking your time to read through this and any help would be greatly apprecited, hope you all have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,

Droodude - Eonar EU

Is this just for WoW? Or do you plan on using it for other games or anything else?
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    Hi OmegaV,

Would mainly be for WoW, played SwtoR for a bit and enjoyed the open world aspect of that. Do not really have much experience with a lot of online games was mianly WoW i played since launch - But to sum it would be for the odd other game, thanks for the quick reply.

Deleted
    [PCPartPicker part list](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FwC3D3) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FwC3D3/by_merchant/)

Type|Item|Price
    :----|:----|:----
    **CPU** | [Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/inte...bx80646i54690k) | £179.01 @ Amazon UK
    **CPU Cooler** | [Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14) | £57.46 @ CCL Computers
    **Motherboard** | [Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus...ximusviiranger) | £123.98 @ Amazon UK
    **Memory** | [Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cors...6gx3m2a1600c10) | £69.76 @ Amazon UK
    **Storage** | [Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/sams...ve-mz75e500bam) | £129.37 @ Amazon UK
    **Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/west...drive-wd10ezex) | £38.98 @ CCL Computers
    **Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus...tx970dc2oc4gd5) | £274.66 @ Amazon UK
    **Case** | [Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-200r) | £44.99 @ Amazon UK
    **Power Supply** | [Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cors...r-supply-rm750) | £94.08 @ Amazon UK
    | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
    | **Total** | **£1012.29**
    | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2015-08-23 00:12 BST+0100 |

Something like that maybe?

OP, can you fill out this sticky:

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    <snip>
    Not bad just some things to consider...

While RAM is cheap atm for "only WoW" I would stick with 8GB if you are getting close to max budget. If you are way under budget then sure go for the 16GB

500GB SSD again is luxury for a wow build. 120GB SSD is plenty for OS + WoW I wouldnt go above 256GB unless a large game library is involved.

PSU... Corsair RM is a CWT OEM and while the reviews for Corsairs CWT OEM's have improved lately I would still like one with a better track record like Seasonic or Superflower. Now that I think about it you can get the white Superflower Leadex (does cost a pretty penny) PSU that isnt sold here in the US I've been eyeing. I'm now jelly ><
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    Ok maybe he could swap the PSU for a HX series or something from Seasonic as for the SSD and 16gb ram...I went with the (it would be rude not to) option at least he has plenty of headroom in the ram department, yes you could chop that system down and save a few quid, I was giving a basic idea of what he could get with that money not what he could save

Deleted
    Budget - Around the 1000 GBP mark
    Resolution 1360 x 1024
    Games / Settings Desired - WoW mainly, enjoy playing open world games, Swtor -Occasionally some old school command & conquer. My list of games actually played is not that great so I am afraid thats all i could tell you - Setting wise, being able to play 25 man raids and move about a city freely without FPS dropping like a bomb. Would not say it has to be the best of the best just enough so i can play smoothly.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - Nope
    Country - Scotland, United Kingdom
    Parts that can be reused - Well its a pretty old PC that was built from cheap parts ( Not entirely sure of the parts ) so i would go for a shoot and say none of it is re-usable
    Do you need an OS? - Running windows Vista at the momment on this rig, what OS would you recommend?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - I have all these from my current built that i could use and get more up to date ones in the future when i have the spare cash

Hope that's filled out correctly

Note :- I have a slight blue theme going on so is it worth while going for a case with some blue LED's or is that just tacky? Not really the best wiht this sort of thing - but i am willing to learn.

Thanks for the reply's folks, greatly appreciated.

Picked Windows 7 as it was the cheapest option pcpartpicker had a listed price for(win10 prices not available). You can take advantage of the free 10 upgrade or not up to you really. I would go for the upgrade personally. You can swap stock case fans with blue led fans to match your theme also if you get a case with a window you can get some blue led strips for added effect

Option one with some blue bling:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£199.99 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler (£79.58 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£115.04 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£59.99 @ Novatech)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£62.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.98 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card (£173.95 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case (£94.98 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£87.61 @ More Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) (£67.95 @ Ebuyer)
    Total: £980.22
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-23 23:10 BST+0100

Alternate case option: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cah440wm4

Option two with no blue bling:

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£65.46 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£52.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£62.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.98 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card (£173.95 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£78.40 @ CCL Computers)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£87.61 @ More Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit) (£67.95 @ Ebuyer)
    Total: £942.51
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-23 23:25 BST+0100

Option three low budget to save $$$:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.95 @ Aria PC)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£52.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£37.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card (£103.99 @ Dabs)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£44.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£37.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £724.85
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-23 23:48 BST+0100

Last thing at some point you should consider a monitor upgrade :P I think my 19" crt from 1999 had your resolution lol

With the third budget option you could find a decent 22-24" 1080p and come in under your max budget.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mclovin1725 View Post
    Good evening folks,

To cut to the chase, fell away from WoW about half way through WoD and am thinking of coming back to see how WoD played out , get myself set up for the new expansion when it finally comes out.

My current PC was one my old man built for me as i have never really thought or looked into building my own PC, but thought it would make a nice project. So was looking on for some tips on how to go about it, where to start, useful websites or anything in particular that maybe you think could help or expand my knowledge on the matter.

Current PC is not really the best i would imagine, would not be able to tell you the exact components in this thing but safe to say when in city's and 25 man raids it was just a complete FPS nightmare. But would be looking to be able to play and explore the full game as well as other online games comfortably would imagine it would not need to be top of the range stuff, but above the normal stock Gamer PC's you can buy from online websites.

Not sure how much cash (GBP) such a rig would cost, have a budget of around say 1000 pounds, would this be enough for such a machine or would i be overpaying for what i have in mind, already have keyboard/monitor ect so would just be looking for the tower and components.

Thanks for taking your time to read through this and any help would be greatly apprecited, hope you all have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,

Droodude - Eonar EU
    Hey folks,

Thanks for the great reply's, due to an unforseen financial muck up I had to leave upgrading my PC & my budget has been kicked down to roughly £500GBP. The replys allready given are greatly appreciated your really helping a guy out.

Would it be possible for someone to pheraps show me a new build? and answear a few questions from my original post. Mainly in regards to would a 500GBP PC be enough to run WoW on decent settings?.

Any tips would help folks, thanks for all the input that was allready given.

All the best and hope you are all having a new weekend