My idea for a Cult of the Forgotten Shadow guild

It is early in the morning, only 5:00 AM and Forsaken adventurers are just returning from their night time excursions. You stop at the inn and notice several freshly risen Forsaken staring blankly at a stained piece of parchment stuck to the wall near the door. The writing on the parchment is written in the blackest ink and is brandished with a dark violet seal of wax. Interested in the notice, you walk over and shove the others out of the way. It reads the following...

"Welcome brothers and sisters, new and old, Forsaken all. I have taken the liberty of writing this missive so that all can know the work unfolding behind your sight. The Cult of Forgotten Shadow is on the rise. It has been growing in strength in the supple darkness of the night and the wicker shadows of the day. It's ranks are made of those who seek faith, power and the favor of our illustrious queen. For those of you who have the will to serve our cause and by so doing, serve your own, we shall convene at a location hidden within the very words of this missive. Take nothing with you but the clothes on your backs. We look forward to ministering your faith and showing you the path to greatness. For the Dark Lady. For the Forsaken."

The letter is signed only with "J. N." in luminous violet ink.
    The Cult of the Forgotten Shadow, which could be based on any of the popular RP servers such as Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord, would be a Forsaken-only guild of course but could make an exception for other races RP'ing as undead. They would however have to prove that they are loyal Forsaken. This guild accepts all but 3 classes, being Paladins, Shamans and Druids. The reason is, the Forsaken are not nature-lovers per-say nor are they particularly keen on holy light. All other classes are welcome so long as they have a reason for wanting to join the cult. While I wouldn't say "favoring" certain classes, some would indeed make more sense than others, particularly Shadow Priests, Death Knights, Rogues, Warlocks and Hunters.

The guild officers would be responsible for creating RP events, compiling a lore-abiding background and keeping up with events that happen within the guild. They would also be responsible for knowing the lore of the Forsaken and playing one as their main character. The guild would also need two or three people to volunteer to help with guild forum moderation as well as administration of discipline when needed. The guild members would be responsible for upholding the standards and following the rules set by the guild leadership, participating in RP events with proper RP etiquette, learning and following Forsaken lore, and keeping active on the guild forum as much as possible. Guild members would also have to be mindful of their representation outside of the guild. As reputation is everything in a social environment, breaching general code of conduct including public ERP, disrupting and/or trolling other roleplayers' activities, and/or trolling/being rude in public chat channels, would be considered offenses and would damage the guild reputation.

The guild's activities would range from casual person-to-person RP, to private promotional ceremonies, to public promoting of the guild in-character, and even to RP's involving major in-game events. The whole point of the guild, like any good RP guild, is to immerse yourself in the world of the character you have chosen to play. We are the Forsaken! We are the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. We are a religion of power through faith, position through loyalty, victory through viciousness. The world is not kind to us and we cannot be kind to the world, yet we will find kindness among the unkind. As with any guild, the real key to immersion is cooperation and compliance. The real fun of roleplaying is being in the right mindset. This could be something great for Forsaken players involved enough.

What do you think?

It's a good idea. I really like All-race or faction-based RP Guilds. In fact I'm looking to join one.

I'd love nothing more than to do it right now, but real life is a bit of a cunt right now, (no offense ladies). I thought Goblins, Draenei and Night Elves are the bee's knees but I've been digging into some Forsaken lore lately and I just love every grimy bit of it. Sylvanas is actually a real badass. She makes Thrall, Vol'jin and Baine look like carebears. I mean, she has Lorthemar by the balls, the Alliance very worried, and the Horde would be foolish to oppose her growing Forsaken army... all that together makes her her own force to be reckoned with. I want to immerse myself in that, whenever I can.