Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Their deaths are going to be on you. On everyone that said "they deserved it". It is that simple.
    If you are stupid enough to not be able to understand the full extent of your auctions, then don't try to play god.
    That would only make sense if you were talking to either the hackers that leaked the information or the ones who actually used the site while living in Saudi Arabia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    People should not be expected to obey immoral laws, nor should it be held against them if they choose to disobey immoral laws. In many cases it's applaudable if they don't, a lot of Germans disobeyed the law when they helped and hid jews from the government, just to name an example.

A blind belief and obedience to the law is extremely detestable in my opinion.
    yes there are extremes in laws. i don't hold it against them personally but i don't agree with them disobeying the law either. instead they should work to change the law so that it is one that can be considered humane which is an argument in and of itself about what is humane and what should the law be.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should not be expected to obey immoral laws, nor should it be held against them if they choose to disobey immoral laws. In many cases it's applaudable if they don't, a lot of Germans disobeyed the law when they helped and hid jews from the government, just to name an example.

A blind belief and obedience to the law is extremely detestable in my opinion.
    There is no such thing as objective morality, which means that you can't say that "this law is immoral". You can say that you think the law is immoral, but that doesn't mean that everyone else think the law is immoral.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's called empathy, a trait you are obviously not endowed with. You fucking sociopath.

Yes, you aren't being anti social at all either...........

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Wouldn't being gay be irrelevant if they're going to be put to death for adultery?
    A lot of them weren't being adulterous, they were just using a service that was being sold as secure to try to meet others of the same sexuality.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, yay for being allies with terrible governments!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Wouldn't being gay be irrelevant if they're going to be put to death for adultery?
    adultery refers to having extramarital sex. I'm going to assume that not every person in Saudi Arabia that is gay is married.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I'm finding it incredibly appalling that people are trying to justify this...
    Ditto. But the internet is the stalking grounds of sociopaths too scared to reveal themselves in real life. There is no justification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't agree with them disobeying the law either. instead they should work to change the law
    Hilarious

Keep living in your fantasy land, champ.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    A lot of them weren't being adulterous, they were just using a service that was being sold as secure to try to meet others of the same sexuality.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, yay for being allies with terrible governments!
    isn't ashley madison all about hooking up while already in a relationship?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Hilarious
    what exactly is hilarious? keep us those ad hominems champ. do you have an actual argument or are you just going to spam unconstructive passive aggressive insults?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-08-23 at 05:58 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

isn't ashley madison all about hooking up while already in a relationship?
    Its improvising. The site billed itself as secure, so they made use of it while in more liberal nations. Its actually somewhat clever, its just too bad Ashley Madison apparently doesn't know how to run a server.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    There is no such thing as objective morality, which means that you can't say that "this law is immoral". You can say that you think the law is immoral, but that doesn't mean that everyone else think the law is immoral.
    I disagree. There are definate objective morals which people ignore when it suits their desire for power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Ditto. But the internet is the stalking grounds of sociopaths too scared to reveal themselves in real life. There is no justification.
    I don't think anyone is saying that what might happen to them is a good thing. What people are doing is pointing out that they knew that they were breaking the law and they also knew the consequences of getting caught.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I disagree. There are definate objective morals which people ignore when it suits their desire for power.
    The only way for objective morals to exist would be if they came from a higher power. And as an atheist I don't believe there is a higher power.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people can, some people can't apparently...
    I don't think you understand the difference between opinions and facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I'm not calling you one but by the erroneous logic which coined the phrase, and considering the context of the topic, this would make you an "Islamophobe".
    Nope. I don't think it's exclusive to Islam to hate gays. Christianity does a pretty good job of it, itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nope. I don't think it's exclusive to Islam to hate gays. Christianity does a pretty good job of it, itself.
    there are more religions than just the big ones.

not every religion condemns homosexuality. you do realize this right? in fact most of them don't really care about it.
    Too bad the biggest ones in the US do. I'm not saying all of them do.

there are more religions than just the big ones.
    I never said there weren't? I'm not sure what your point is here. I think it's really silly to deny that religion plays a big part in anti-gay sentiments around the world. If that is your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said there weren't? I'm not sure what your point is here. I think it's really silly to deny that religion plays a big part in anti-gay sentiments around the world. If that is your point.
    well the way you go on about it. one gets the impression you hate all religions just because of what a few have done.

well the way you go on about it. one gets the impression you hate all religions just because of what a few have done.
    You seem to be severely underplaying what the biggest religions in the world have done for gay and even just plain female rights. Religion is probably the biggest reason why gays are hated in many parts of the world.

The fact that my family was pretty highly religious (Catholics) was the only reason I didn't come out as gay when I realized I was.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be severely underplaying what the biggest religions in the world have done for gay and even just plain female rights. Religion is probably the biggest reason why gays are hated in many parts of the world.

The fact that my family was pretty highly religious (Catholics) was the only reason I didn't come out as gay when I realized I was.
    where i am underplaying that? please point it out.

what exactly is hilarious?
    Hilarious isn't really the right word; ridiculous is a better word. Suggesting that people should work to change laws when they live in a country where political dissent gets you killed is ridiculous.