Chaud, give us some store mount and store pet stats please

Blizzard never releases any info on store sales. But the Armory can give a reasonable estimate to anyone with the ability to scrape the data.

MMO-C, please tell us what percentage of active players (or something similar) have store mounts and store pets, along with perhaps some other items like SoR and RaF mounts. We would find it interesting, I bet, and some actual light would be shined on this otherwise dark corner of Blizzard's business practices in the process.

Deleted
    aye I'd like to see this

Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Yeah, this would be interesting. Guildox used to have these statistics in MoP (mount popularity), but they haven't really updated them and they no longer show exact percentages anyway from what I can tell. Back then it was about 10% for new mounts iirc, and 20% for the Celestial Steed (long time, many promotions etc.).

It'd be great to know exactly how many have the store mounts and pets, the only store item I have is the leaf pet (won it from a giveaway).

We no longer store pets in our database due to the massive space it takes up. I could start selectively storing only the store pets again though.

Deleted
    That would be great to see.

Also, how does it take up that much space? Do you keep information on all the levels, breeds and stuff as well? You could always just scan characters and keep a counter for each pet ID. You wouldn't really be able to update the stats very easily but it wouldn't use up a lot of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCB1833 View Post
    That would be great to see.

Also, how does it take up that much space? Do you keep information on all the levels, breeds and stuff as well? You could always just scan characters and keep a counter for each pet ID. You wouldn't really be able to update the stats very easily but it wouldn't use up a lot of storage.
    I'd imagine it is because each character can potentially have hundreds of pets.

But, yeah, it would be interesting to see figures for store mounts and pets.

For each pet we store the playerid, spell, quality, level, pet guid, and name. Each character having 100s of pets * 8+ million characters = a ton of space.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We no longer store pets in our database due to the massive space it takes up. I could start selectively storing only the store pets again though.
    That would be awesome. Meanwhile can we see store/TCG/whatever's-interesting mounts one of these days?

I'm 99.99% sure the number of TCG mounts vastly exceeds the number of redemption codes (more than BMAH can account for) but I'd be curious to know how vastly.

Given the tone of some anti-store threads, then I can't get behind stats on those.
    I do not like the potential consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    every mount these days appears to be a reskin or recolour. The only unique mounts seem to come from the wow store but they are not exactly rare

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Given the tone of some anti-store threads, then I can't get behind stats on those.
    I do not like the potential consequences.
    Facts and statistics are the bane of fanboys, RELEASE THE DATA KRAKEN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved this to Suggestions and Feedback, where it belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Facts and statistics are the bane of fanboys, RELEASE THE DATA KRAKEN!
    The intent is not positive. It's negative. While I don't support the microtransactions myself. It's more of people wanting to have their beliefs confirmed and have an axe to grind.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a different way to bash blizzard and the store you obviously don't agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the stats news posts and am always enthusiastic about new ideas for chaud to post.

In this case, I would want to see it broken down in details based on which/how many.

I feel like there are probably a lot of people who own a store pet to two because of the charity angle or, like me, bought the Celestial Steed before there were account-wise mounts of the appeal of a free mount for every toon. For that reason, I don't really find the what-percentage-own-anything statistic very interesting or meaningful. However, I would be interested in seeing the numbers on how many own multiple pets or mounts, which ones, and how many. (most popular store mount/pet? least? etc)

Likewise, I don't think it's that unusual if someone has a RAF or two, but I'd be interested to see if there are users out there who have most or all the mounts, and I'd be curious which rewards are the most popular.

I don't feel like picking the stats that best reflect some kind of passive aggressive way to complain about the store and/or people that utilise it to be the best use of them. I'd rather have interesting data than data used to fuel my store-hate tank.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yeah this would be interesting to see, hope to see some results.