Deleted

The WoWkemon Pet Battle Challange!!

dear readers,
    we have all seen the Ironman challange on wow right? we all know it? well for those of who you dont, its leveling a character, with a special set of rules added to the experience
    this ruleset is mearly meant as a time sink for those who are bored, and enjoy pet battling!

Ironman Challenge Rules

All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
    No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
    No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
    No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
    No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
    No potions/flasks/elixirs (except Quest items)
    No food buffs or other external buffs.
    No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
    No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
    No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
    No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
    No add-ons that assist in combat and/or leveling.
    THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
    (source : http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Ironman_leveling)

now i pose this challange!,

level a character to lvl 100! using only pets! here are is the rule set!

you may wear whatever gear you want, except gear that increases experience gained for the pet!
    you may not fly! unless absolutely impossible, aka a mountain in the way or anything of the sort, if you can go around the mountain, do so
    if there is a pet on top of a mountain, tough luck, search for it somewhere else
    flight paths are allowed! traits (paladin trait for example) are also allowed
    you may not use pre excisting pets! every pet must be freshly cought and NAMED!!!! on the spot after aquiring or learning it,
    you may do dungeons/raids for certain pets,
    BIG RULE! IF YOU PET DIES, RELEASE IT! youll have to re aquire it..
    BIG RULE! IF YOU DIE, YOU FAIL THE CHALLANGE! (ive died nearly twice due to this, since your not allowed to lvl through normal means, RUN!!!!!!!!

again, this is a time sink for people who have nothing to do and are just sitting in theyre garrison!,
    people will be judged in an arcade fashion, getting more score the more rares they have maxed out, this promotes going to different zones and catching them all!, leveling them as effective as possible,

50 points for each rare pet that you have aquired (ill be able to check if you want to be judged but please, unname all pets that u didnt catch during this challange)
    100 points for each rare that is lvl 10
    250 points for each rare that is lvl 25
    1x bonus for each funny or seriously cool name that suits the pet
    5x bonus for each pet you have to group up for!
    10x bonus for catching the rare valkyr!
    100x bonus naming 1 pet after me (no joke though, it will count!)

i hope people who read this try it, its quite fun, and a loooooooooong time sink that you can do while waiting for garrison missions or quess to pop

have fun out there!. Sophexis

Version 1.1 features a couple of changed for the not so extreme!
    BIG RULE! IF YOU PET DIES, RELEASE IT! youll have to re aquire it..
    if you dont want to release it, rename it so you know its dead,
    (tip thanks to ItachiZaku, mark your wowkemon as favourites, when it dies, unfave it, and reaquire it)
    its come to my attention that some people who might do this, already have 3 of the same pet, heres the work around,
    cage them, and reaquire a new one, (this new one is allowed to be bought via AH)
    the catching or obtaining pets from dungeons or raids can be done by either locking your level at your main city, or obtaining it once you
    reached a high enough level that you cant get experiance from it anymore, then again, most of those pets arent really expensive

shout out section!
    ItachiZaku, for giving the great favouriting tip!!

(will edit post tomorrow to make it a better read, now that i read it myself, it looks like a clusterfk)
    Last edited by mmoc4a84868b69; 2015-08-29 at 10:28 PM. Reason: better challange rules

if there is a pet on top of a mountain, tough luck, search for it somewhere else

Nope, no matter how bored I get I am not releasing my pets, sorry, not happening.

Deleted
    its not like im forcing people , this is the best place to throw these kinds of ideas into the wow community for me, so thats what i do

I levelled several toons to 85 using the XP elixir and BoA pet battle dailies. You log an alt, do all 5 or so of the trainers that for some reason have account level quests, log in and cash quests then log out. Repeat. Even with the flask, took several weeks per toon.

So I'd say it could be done, it'd just be very very slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I levelled 2 characters to 90 from pvp pet battles in MoP. It took while a while - queue times + not guaranteed to win all made it fairly lengthy. But I was aiming for achievement, not for maxing levels asap.

Also as Stormcall says, I'm never going to abandon pets that die.

I've leveled 3 charrs from 90-100 from doing pet battles in frostfire ridge. With garrison xp potion and heirloom gear it takes about 75 min per level. Not to bad but the 2k win achi is going to make me level a few more^^

I'd give it a shot, but the abandoning pet thing is a no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    hmm, you all pose some good points, but abandoning the pet. you dont really have to, its a failsafe so to say, you can always, not use the pet for the challange anymore, name it like, dead pet 1 or something like that :P,

anyway im glad this is taken seriously :O. gonne give it a go again, my last attempt failed since i blind autoran into a pack of mad boards that decided they wanted my bacon...,

Mark all your "new" pets as "favorites" so they list on top, if/when you get the rarer pets, and they die, just unfavorite them. I'm not sure which rares I'd ever be able to actually get though, especially if you already have 3/3 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    i will adjust the rules a bit, just a bit to make the previous rules more viable for people who dont want to go through extremes

Deleted
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand im back, will do some work, like completely rewriting the challange, and i am going to do it again, since were in the end of expension depression an

I would mind but "RELEASE" is like HELL NO For me >=(

I leveled my rogue from 85-100 using only pets, was quite boring and only did it as a background thing while doing something else.

Infractions: 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. I leveled a character just from 85-90 in MoP with pet battles and I found it mind-numbingly boring. I only stuck with it because it was my 5th character so quests weren't interesting either, and I just wanted to say I did it. The thought of doing 0-100 frightens me.