Is it ok to break up a 2pc bonus? Mr Robot says no

I am playing as MM hunter, I have 2 pieces of tier 17 that I am still wearing, iLvl 685 stuff, but recently aquired some iLvl 700 and 701 HFC goodies that I want to use in their place breaking up that 2 pc bonus, Mr Robot says no way. Clearly the tool tips in game show that if I equip the new stuff, I gain : +76 agility, +406 critical, +195 mastery. I do lose however -285 multistrike and 199 haste. Doesn't the gain of the crit and agi outweigh the other stats? The 2pc T17 bonus is in my eyes weak as hell, how can that be better than extra crit and agi?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyrico View Post
    I am playing as MM hunter, I have 2 pieces of tier 17 that I am still wearing, iLvl 685 stuff, but recently aquired some iLvl 700 and 701 HFC goodies that I want to use in their place breaking up that 2 pc bonus, Mr Robot says no way. Clearly the tool tips in game show that if I equip the new stuff, I gain : +76 agility, +406 critical, +195 mastery. I do lose however -285 multistrike and 199 haste. Doesn't the gain of the crit and agi outweigh the other stats? The 2pc T17 bonus is in my eyes weak as hell, how can that be better than extra crit and agi?
    Simulation and theorycraft can only do so much. The real question is, how do you actually perform with either set?

This source shows the 2pc is worth about 1k dps:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...pc4pc-weights/

However, the increase in item levels will more than likely cause you to perform better a majority of the time. I don't know MM stat weights of the top of my head, but usually they are pretty even. 76 agility + 117 secondary stats is a large chunk and is probably about 500 dps on its own.

So proper focus management at 100% efficiency nets 1k dps vs 30 ilvls in stats for a comparable gain + survivability.

Again, how well do you actually perform?

Best method is to try both and see.

Edit: Also, longer fights favor the 2pc more as you'll get more focus by the end to use more abilities. Raw stats typically favor shorter fights and AoE. Spending time focus capped due to switching targets or moving without a target hurts the 2 pc.
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2015-08-23 at 01:36 PM.

A source from January with HC Dungeon gear DPS , hrah.

"How you perform"? You realize that the 2pc does next to nothing to how you play, right?

"Try both and see?" - No, why? You want him to dummy test it (bad), or gather anecdotal data across like 10 boss pulls or something? (Bad).

Also implying that SimCraft is 100% efficient. It's not (and it DEFINITELY wasn't in that ancient source).

Your note about longer fights supporting 2pc makes no sense. Yes, you generate more focus by the end of it, but not more focus per second. You'd gain the same relative focus to everything else regardless of fight length.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-08-23 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Simulation and theorycraft can only do so much. The real question is, how do you actually perform with either set?

This source shows the 2pc is worth about 1k dps:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...pc4pc-weights/

However, the increase in item levels will more than likely cause you to perform better a majority of the time. I don't know MM stat weights of the top of my head, but usually they are pretty even. 76 agility + 117 secondary stats is a large chunk and is probably about 500 dps on its own.

So proper focus management at 100% efficiency nets 1k dps vs 30 ilvls in stats for a comparable gain + survivability.

Again, how well do you actually perform?

Best method is to try both and see.

Edit: Also, longer fights favor the 2pc more as you'll get more focus by the end to use more abilities. Raw stats typically favor shorter fights and AoE. Spending time focus capped due to switching targets or moving without a target hurts the 2 pc.
    The plural of anecdotal is not data. Testing this will not prove anything but may give you a rough sense however a sim will be able to run the encounter over 10k times giving you a much better picture of the interactions and what is fundamentally happening. From the data we have collected the 2pc t18 is a very minor change (read almost none) in dps and before having 4pc t18 typically it is a loss to equip it (this includes,1pc t18, 2pc t18, and 3pc t18). Typically the ilvl change makes it worth it at from heroic t17 ( h brf) -> heroic t18 (h hfc).