Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Somehow I picture Gorgodeus being one of those troll druids out there questing. Level 57, just so close to getting into HFP. This boar.. this is the one that will send him on his way to complete his destiny at Honor Hold where he will be abused until he logs out.

He snaps out of his daze of going down in glory to the mass gank that will befall him only moments away. Back to the boar. He mouse clicks moonfire on his bar repeatedly, damned if that boar will get the best of him.

Suddenly! He's ambushed by a level 42 rogue in what appears to be a few pieces heirloom gear. Gorgodeus isn't sure what to do, he begins to run away by initiating an impulsive keyboard turn maneuver. He quickly realizes he doesn't stand a chance. As his quest greens are simply no match. He stands still until his corpse falls to the ground.

This sad tale happens in and out of battlegrounds again, and again.. and again. Gorgondeus laments. The playing field is unfair. Life is unfair. Things must change. With glimmering eyes he reads proposed plans for the next epansion. YES. It's finally his turn to excel in a world of mediocrity. He's re-energized for this new experience and has planned out all of his new keybindings.

Turn left/right has gone from a awsd to an sedf. Together, with nothing separating his character class from anyone else of the same class he is forging ahead.

The Saga of Gorgondeus will continue friends, stay tuned.
    Nice try. I prefer RBGs to arena, and have routinely been 2000-2200 each season. I have the 250,000 HK achieve, so I have done my fair share of PvP. One season I led ~2500 full premade Reg BG groups, and routinely smashed undergeared pug/bot groups with a 90% win rate. So I know what an unlevel playing field is. I have always been a proponent of eliminating the huge gear disparity that has been the norm in PvP for 2 main reasons: 1. Skill should be the main factor, and 2. Bots - eliminate the rewards that encourage botting in BGs, and you greatly lower the number of bots in Bgs.

Somehow I picture Gorgodeus being one of those troll druids out there questing. Level 57, just so close to getting into HFP. This boar.. this is the one that will send him on his way to complete his destiny at Honor Hold where he will be abused until he logs out.

He snaps out of his daze of going down in glory to the mass gank that will befall him only moments away. Back to the boar. He mouse clicks moonfire on his bar repeatedly, damned if that boar will get the best of him.

Suddenly! He's ambushed by a level 42 rogue in what appears to be a few pieces heirloom gear. Gorgodeus isn't sure what to do, he begins to run away by initiating an impulsive keyboard turn maneuver. He quickly realizes he doesn't stand a chance. As his quest greens are simply no match. He stands still until his corpse falls to the ground.

This sad tale happens in and out of battlegrounds again, and again.. and again. Gorgondeus laments. The playing field is unfair. Life is unfair. Things must change. With glimmering eyes he reads proposed plans for the next epansion. YES. It's finally his turn to excel in a world of mediocrity. He's re-energized for this new experience and has planned out all of his new keybindings.

Turn left/right has gone from a awsd to an sedf. Together, with nothing separating his character class from anyone else of the same class he is forging ahead.

The Saga of Gorgondeus will continue friends, stay tuned.
    lmao this. Gorgondeus, come on dawg, it takes like a week or two tops to get honor gear, from there if you're still getting owned, it's not really blizzard's fault. He's probably one of those guy's that always will say "my class is underpowered" but won't admit that he gets outplayed, like Preach explains in the video.

I can't take this video seriously. They haven't even seen the system in action. Points being used to get PvP abilities that determine how strong you are? Yes Please! People QQ about world PvP, and here blizzard has Literally given you a viable reason to World PvP. No more honor gear. Instead you get points that you can earn via Any type of PvP activity, even world PvP!

This system will be great and maybe well start seeing some world PvP again because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    lmao this. Gorgondeus, come on dawg, it takes like a week or two tops to get honor gear, from there if you're still getting owned, it's not really blizzard's fault. He's probably one of those guy's that always will say "my class is underpowered" but won't admit that he gets outplayed, like Preach explains in the video.
    Take 2 identical toons: Put one in Honor gear and the other gear full Conquest. Compare their stats, then get back with me on how that is in any way balanced. We are talking about something along the lines of a 100% increase in overall stats. Blizzard realizes this is badly imbalanced. Sorry some are too dense to realize this, as well.

Btw, my druid pulling 300k+ dps in Ashran clashes without the AA buff is not "underpowered". It is blatantly imbalanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No more honor gear.
    There will be honor gear from what I recall. There will be no conquest gear.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2015-08-28 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

There will be honor gear from what I recall. There will be no conquest gear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7u8...tu.be&t=12m18s

All gear gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

stopped watching at Preach.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No, they said " no more PvP gear" meaning no more gear with PvP only stats. You will still get gear from PvP, just no more conquest points. There will still be honor points.

Lmao. Funniest shit I have read in awhile. Please enlighten us on how having a gear disparity makes PvP complex.

You must be one of those that does not want a level playing field because it would hinder stomping those less geared. There is no reason at all to not have a level playing field in PvP. Period.
    I said WOW is more complex than these "PVP" games you keep comparing WOW to, be it because of gear or abilities/mechanics.

I actually don't give a shit what happens in random BGs or out in the world. They aren't rated. They're not what I measure my success by, unlike yourself I suppose. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    I said WOW is more complex than these "PVP" games you keep comparing WOW to, be it because of gear or abilities/mechanics.

I actually don't give a shit what happens in random BGs or out in the world. They aren't rated. They're not what I measure my success by, unlike yourself I suppose. Period.
    WoW is no more complex than LoL. In fact probably far less complex when it comes to PvP. Which of the two do you think is taken more seriously as a game when it comes to PvP?

Hint: It is the one that doesn't involve a gear disparity.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2015-08-28 at 03:00 AM.

WoW is no more complex than LoL. In fact probably far less complex when it comes to PvP. Which of the two do you think is taken seriously as a game when it comes to PvP?

Hint: It is the one that doesn't involve a gear disaparity.
    Hint: The entire point of MOBAs is to create a gear/level disparity to give your team the advantage.

LOL doesn't have DRs, has fewer abilities, fewer items, 1 map. Please enlighten me on where this trumps WOW.

Hint: The entire point of MOBAs is to create a gear/level disparity to give your team the advantage.

LOL doesn't have DRs, has fewer abilities, fewer items, 1 map. Please enlighten me on where this trumps WOW.
    At the start of the match, skill determines the outcome. One team having a huge advantage via gear is not present.

At the start of the match, skill determines the outcome. One team having a huge advantage via gear is not present.
    Right, so if I win more arena matches than you and get better gear, I should have an advantage. Understood. At the start of the season, skill determined the outcome.

Right, so if I win more arena matches than you and get better gear, I should have an advantage. Understood. At the start of the season, skill determined the outcome.
    Ah, so you are incapable of understanding the difference between "start of the match" and "start of the season", and why the comparison is stupid.

Ah, so you are incapable of understanding the difference between "start of the match" and "start of the season", and why the comparison is stupid.
    Oh, I fully understand it. You simply can't see the correlation between a game where you hit max level in 30 minutes and one you spend a year+ upgrading your item level(leveling.) Not my problem, you're the one without an argument.

Oh, I fully understand it. You simply can't see the correlation between a game where you hit max level in 30 minutes and one you spend a year+ upgrading your item level(leveling.) Not my problem, you're the one without an argument.
    Go buy some Kleenex to wipe your tears. Obviously you do not want a more level playing field. because then your skill might not be up to snuff.

Blizzard knows the current PvP system is a damn joke to any serious gamer, and is implementing changes to try to address it. Sorry if you are scared of not having a big advantage via gear disparity going forward.

Go buy some Kleenex to wipe your tears. Obviously you do not want a more level playing field. because then your skill might not be up to snuff.

Blizzard knows the current PvP system is a damn joke to any serious gamer, and is implementing changes to try to address it. Sorry if you are scared of not having a big advantage via gear disparity going forward.
    I have a level playing field. In arena. With other geared players.

Everyone knows the "PVP system," whatever the fuck that means, is a joke. Gameplay is a joke, content is a joke, the entire game is a joke. The thing we're arguing about is Blizzard removing gear, a staple category for any RPG, to try to improve their RPG. It's an idiotic decision, at best, and no matter how badly you want to blame all your shortcomings on gear, you shouldn't be trying to harm the game any more than Blizzard's already done so themselves because you have a little chip on your shoulder over who you believe to be skilled or not.

You think the gear disparity is too high? I do, too. But, you don't see me screaming to remove gear from the game entirely. Reduce the gap. If it's 40% power difference now, make it 15. You don't outright remove the disparity for all the reasons listed in this thread.

I have a level playing field. In arena. With other geared players.

Everyone knows the "PVP system," whatever the fuck that means, is a joke. Gameplay is a joke, content is a joke, the entire game is a joke. The thing we're arguing about is Blizzard removing gear, a staple category for any RPG, to try to improve their RPG. It's an idiotic decision, at best, and no matter how badly you want to blame all your shortcomings on gear, you shouldn't be trying to harm the game any more than Blizzard's already done so themselves because you have a little chip on your shoulder over who you believe to be skilled or not.

You think the gear disparity is too high? I do, too. But, you don't see me screaming to remove gear from the game entirely. Reduce the gap. If it's 40% power difference now, make it 15. You don't outright remove the disparity for all the reasons listed in this thread.
    There is no level playing filed right now anywhere in rated PvP. They are not removing gear from PvP. Simply removing the disparity. The gap right now is over 100%, and the plan is to lower it to 7%.

There is no level playing filed right now anywhere in rated PvP. They are not removing gear from PvP. Simply removing the disparity. The gap right now is over 100%, and the plan is to lower it to 7%.
    Ok, so please tell me where you see no disparity between two teams, all players at 730ilvl? You honestly don't even know what you're talking about.

They're removing stats and replacing them with templates based on class. You no longer benefit from enchants, gems, or trinkets. You might as well be playing naked because, who cares, you get scaled up or down anyway.

Nice try. I prefer RBGs to arena, and have routinely been 2000-2200 each season. I have the 250,000 HK achieve, so I have done my fair share of PvP. One season I led ~2500 full premade Reg BG groups, and routinely smashed undergeared pug/bot groups with a 90% win rate. So I know what an unlevel playing field is. I have always been a proponent of eliminating the huge gear disparity that has been the norm in PvP for 2 main reasons: 1. Skill should be the main factor, and 2. Bots - eliminate the rewards that encourage botting in BGs, and you greatly lower the number of bots in Bgs.
    Something tells me that none of this is true. I just can't put my finger on why.

Also, there is not 100% of a stat difference between combatant's gear and gladiator's gear. No where even fucking close to 100%, piece for piece or set for set.

Trollin' pretty smooth
    Last edited by evogsr; 2015-08-28 at 03:52 AM.

Ok, so please tell me where you see no disparity between two teams, all players at 730ilvl? You honestly don't even know what you're talking about.

They're removing stats and replacing them with templates based on class. You no longer benefit from enchants, gems, or trinkets. You might as well be playing naked because, who cares, you get scaled up or down anyway.
    Sigh. You are too blind to see the benefits. Remove the gear disparity, and players are less limited on what toons they can PvP with. Have a toon that you haven't grinded out PvP gear for? You will not be at a big disadvantage any more. There is no requirements to enter arena, so yeah currently there will be some undergeared peeps in there trying to grind Conquest and push rating. New system eliminates the undergeared part of the equation.

The templates are based on ilvl, meaning you are not locked into getting gear for pvp from pvp alone. Time spent getting comparable ilvl gear from outside pvp does not gimp gimp you while pvping.

- - - Updated - - -

Something tells me that none of this is true. I just can't put my finger on why.

Also, there is not 100% of a stat difference between combatant's gear and gladiator's gear. No where even fucking close to 100%, piece for piece or set for set.

Trollin' pretty smooth
    A fresh 100, wearing the beginner starter PvP gear is roughly 80% lower in stats than a full Conquest geared toon. It is a fact, and was shown at Gamescon.

Start watching at the 2:43 mark.

Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2015-08-28 at 04:00 AM.