Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    His armory, his target, and he started by opening fire.
    Was he going to look for food on their bodies after his mass murder? Suppose all that excitement would work up an appetite.
    His lawyer doesn't pass the sniff test.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    How many Islamic terrorists try to pretend they weren't doing what they were doing in the name of Islam when they are caught i wonder.
    Go to Guantanamo. I'm sure they'll all tell they're innocent. Usually their plan is to get killed, it doesn't suit their agenda when caught.

Deleted
    he could have taken the gun to the authorities, who would have given him food, and getting him in touch with people who could help him out. assuming he was legitimate of course.

Bugling Terrorist is what he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Usually when i think of radical religious fanatics i think of them being proud of their religion and their attempts to fulfill their goal. Maybe he wasn't very diehard.
    He realized he wasn't getting his 72 virgins.

Deleted
    Interesting. Usually when i think of radical religious fanatics i think of them being proud of their religion and their attempts to fulfill their goal. Maybe he wasn't very diehard.
    Sure they are but only if they actually succeeded. In this case there are some things you need to have done for it to "count". He fulfilled none of these. So he can't really expect any of the rewards he supposedly would get in the next life. He hasn't killed anyone, he hasn't died himself as a martyr, he has basically not achieved a thing. He walked onto a train and get tackled down by three people.

In these cases it's not "the thought" that counts, it's actual results, so engaging in taqiyya and trying to have a second go kinda seems like the logical thing for him to do, no?

I'm sure many of them probably are innocent
    I can agree with that. But the guilty ones will tell the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Also the amount of equipment he seems to have had would have gotten him a few sandwiches even with those notorious taxes
    Yeah I was thinking , 2 firearms , ammo and a box cutter in the EU he can get BUT ...has a hard time getting a can of beans,soup and some rice.

Uhhh...huuh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Moroccan told David he had found the Kalashnikov he had taken onto the train in a park near the Gare du Midi rail station in Brussels where he was in the habit of sleeping.
    I want one too... myaybe I should check out my local park...

Indeed. I just feel like the lack of information is a bit weird. I'd like to know what his connections to terrorism actually were, as it seems like the only details that have been made public were his travels and that he was a Muslim and "identified" as a terrorist, which... that doesn't really count as proof to me with how easily that label seems to be given. I'm sure they will release that info soon enough though. The idea that hes claiming not to be a terrorist or anything just seems weird to me.
    Why does one need ties to terrorists to be a terrorist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Illegal possession of a proscribed weapon, intent to commit multiple armed robbery, attempted mass murder...not sure why he thinks getting a terrorist charge dropped will do him any good.

You just have to look through the bullshit to see the facts. He claims he wanted to rob them for food, but since when does robbing people involve shooting them first (he opened fire and then his gun jammed)?

Even if he planned on taking their money off their bodies, this isn't some innocent dude looking for lunch money. He planning on killing many people on that train and that's all we need to know. Don't let the media/lawyers try to trip you up over semantics over what to call him.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2015-08-23 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, some people are just dumb.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, some people are just dumb.
    Dumb people believe things unquestioningly. I don't believe the Moroccan guy who is obviously a hopeless liar. I don't believe the French/Spanish authorities either because they haven't produced any evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanithil View Post
    Dumb people believe things unquestioningly. I don't believe the Moroccan guy who is obviously a hopeless liar. I don't believe the French/Spanish authorities either because they haven't produced any evidence.
    You are already on the "dumb" list for shooting at a High Speed train.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Buys $4000 gun to rob people for lunch money? Lol
    AK-47s and AKMs are really only worth ~$50 in large swaths of the world.

That's hilarious. He was hungry for blood that is all, he had 9 magazine's for his ak with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That's hilarious. He was hungry for blood that is all, he had 9 magazine's for his ak with him.
    In before he claims he was going fishing and the train was just in the way.

Deleted
    Did wells show up to defend this guy yet? I'ma get the popcorn before he does.

Certainly possible he could have found it in a park. The person who put it there probably bought his cross-country train ticket instead of some lunch for him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Did wells show up to defend this guy yet? I'ma get the popcorn before he does.
    Defending open carry is more the right wing Yanks cup of tea.