Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep saying "hope he gets caught" and such? He DID get caught, and he is going to enjoy prison once the inmate found out what he was there for.

But I agree that could have been caught a lot sooner, since transactions were involved, police could have traced the transaction instead of IP, which would be much easier to trace the people I'd imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh but thats done by retards, how do you manage to spend 11.5million to kill someone, your legal proceeding to get the death penalty cost 11.5m? thats some insanely bad efficiency.
    They want to be sure they got the rigth person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Dark web is intentionally hidden behind false IP's and Proxies, and need s a special browser such as TOR.
    Deep web is just hidden from search engines by encrypting the website, can still access sites if you know the IP and Login details.
    (I think)
    I've read stories about the dark web, its one of those things where unlike all the creepypasta stories, the fucked up thing is how real it is.

I honestly don't have a guts to enter it, even with untraceable IP, I would just feel afraid of coming across something that would fuck me up.
    #boycottchina

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    p.s
    unrelated to the topic, but whats what people now referring to the deep net as the dark web?
    As far as i know theyre two different things. The deep web is any part of the web not accessible publicly or indexed by search engines. This includes very normal things like a server a company runs for its employees to log on to, databases of information that are password protected and content that doesnt get indexed like video or image files. The dark web is a small portion of the deep web and used for illegal or questionable content that requires anonimity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark web is intentionally hidden behind false IP's and Proxies, and need s a special browser such as TOR.
    Deep web is just hidden from search engines by encrypting the website, can still access sites if you know the IP and Login details.
    (I think)
    The deep net is one that needs TOR or other specials browsers, I believe.
    But maybe the definition changed over time, or whatever.

The deep net is something I lost all curiosity in when I found out about the details of what when on in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I find it ironic that in this same thread, we have people saying he's worse than Hitler because Hitler didn't have to do all his horrible acts himself (it's easier to give a command) and then we also have tons of people saying this guy "should be tortured for the rest of his life" for the things he's done.

Alright, if you want him to be tortured, go volunteer yourself. If you can go through with it and actually torture him daily and enjoy it, we'll be glad to put you next in line after you're done since you're clearly no better than him. Otherwise, stop playing internet tough guy and realize the saying "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" actually has some truth behind it.
    eye for an eye etc is just a bullshit phrase used by weak people with no emotions, oh no if we let some criminals torture another criminal we need to get more criminals to torture them? NOPE we don't because no-one gives a fuck about a bunch of people in prison until they die.

referring back to the case where prisoners twice gang raped a paedophile child murderer, are you calling for the prisoners who gang raped him to receive punishment for their crimes or are you just ok with it, because he's scum and who really cares about paedophile murderers anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've read stories about the dark web, its one of those things where unlike all the creepypasta stories, the fucked up thing is how real it is.

I honestly don't have a guts to enter it, even with untraceable IP, I would just feel afraid of coming across something that would fuck me up.
    The deep net wiki is safe(legal), so if you really, really wanted to satisfy your morbid curiosity, you could just stick that wiki.
    If it still exists that is.

No pictures or anything that like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most fucked up thing, yeah they caught him. But the ones who were watching what took place, and paid bitcoin to have them do, will likely never be caught.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    But while TOR and such gives the criminals anonymity, when they pay the guy, it will require some sort of monetary transaction, and as far as I know, those do not have anonymity (paypal, bank transfer, other money transfering function). They will all have a destination, and that destination can be checked where money was drawing from, then they can pin point where the guy taking out money so he must be around that area.

Just a thought, it is probably more complicated than that.

They want to be sure they got the rigth person.
    but does that really cost 11.5m or is that the fat cats who decide their own wages doing the work and receiving ridiculously large pay checks?

10+ Year Old Account
    The most fucked up thing, yeah they caught him. But the ones who were watching what took place, and paid bitcoin to have them do, will likely never be caught.
    They caught him, get access to his account, they can trace who had paid him right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The deep net wiki is safe(legal), so if you really, really wanted to satisfy your morbid curiosity, you could just stick that wiki.
    If it still exists that is.

No pictures or anything that like that.
    Nah, its one of those things I think trying to satisfy any morbid sense of curiosity would just lead me to seeing something thats going to stick at the back of my mind of years to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    They caught him, get access to his account, they can trace who had paid him right?
    sadly, from what I understand for the TOR anyone watching would still be untraceable. Unless technology is advancing more that it could, that would be wonderful.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    While "internet activity" could be made anonymous, I didn't think monetary transaction can be made anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh but thats done by retards, how do you manage to spend 11.5million to kill someone, your legal proceeding to get the death penalty cost 11.5m? thats some insanely bad efficiency.
    You might want to re-read what i actually quoted.
    Actually, i'll just make it easier for you.

A 2003 legislative audit in Kansas found that the estimated cost of a death penalty case was 70% more than the cost of a comparable non-death penalty case. Death penalty case costs were counted through to execution (median cost $1.26 million). Non-death penalty case costs were counted through to the end of incarceration (median cost $740,000).
    In Maryland death penalty cases cost 3 times more than non-death penalty cases, or $3 million for a single case.
    (Urban Institute, The Cost of the Death Penalty in Maryland, March 2008)
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-08-23 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    one thing to also remember is that whilst there are a lot of dodgy sites on the deep web / dark web what ever you want to call it, the same technology that is used to access it, is also the same technology to allow people in countries such as Egypt, Syria, and Iran, to be able to connect to sites and inform the world of what is really happening in those countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    While "internet activity" could be made anonymous, I didn't think monetary transaction can be made anonymous.
    Thanks to bitcoins, it is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing to also remember is that whilst there are a lot of dodgy sites on the deep web / dark web what ever you want to call it, the same technology that is used to access it, is also the same technology to allow people in countries such as Egypt, Syria, and Iran, to be able to connect to sites and inform the world of what is really happening in those countries.
    Doesn't matter, coming from countries that stone women to death, prosecute rape victims, marry off 8 years old as brides, they don't really have the power to hold the moral high horse even if they were to try to bring the western countries down with those stuff.

Deleted
    sadly, from what I understand for the TOR anyone watching would still be untraceable. Unless technology is advancing more that it could, that would be wonderful.
    Not quite true, you need an extremely locked down browser, no Javascript, Flash, Cookies disabled, no plugins or extensions etc, as all of these can be used (or abused) to reveal your IP address. Also, your ISP will be able to tell if your logging onto the the TOR network as the entry node is public.

Doesn't matter, coming from countries that stone women to death, prosecute rape victims, marry off 8 years old as brides, they don't really have the power to hold the moral high horse even if they were to try to bring the western countries down with those stuff.
    indeed they don't, and you will never get an argument out of me say that those countries should be allowed to restrict access to the internet. However they do, and they punish people for speaking openly about the atrocities that go on in their countries, The TOR system allows them (the population) some degree of anonymity to bring these things to light.

Thanks to bitcoins, it is possible.
    bit coins are actually traceable, unless you have mined them yourself. There is information that is left in the bitcoins that can be tracked to your wallet.
    source

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite true, you need an extremely locked down browser, no Javascript, Flash, Cookies disabled, no plugins or extensions etc, as all of these can be used (or abused) to reveal your IP address. Also, your ISP will be able to tell if your logging onto the the TOR network as the entry node is public.
    Well yes, but once entering it, nobody can tell what it being viewed via TOR, so they would have to single out every person using it in the world and pretty much scan their pcs.
    I'm certain they will invent a method of being able to trace it without I.P eventually.
    #boycottchina

Did he work for Planned Parenthood by any chance?