After nearly a month...

I have 3 days left on my free month. I will certainly be re-upping. Having a ton of fun and taking it slow af. I Just hit 40 a few min ago, without spending time on crafting, and am still looking for Cid's ship in the main story (no spoilers!). That said, I have some questions regarding this and that.

1: Can you bind mouse scroll up and down to the action bar? Does not seem to let me do that. I can change those actions in my naga profile to some other key and then bind that, but thats a long work around and screws with other games as well as my 2nd screen browsing. If there is a way to make synapse autodetect your game and change profiles for you, then that info would be help too.

2: I did the chimera boss and the notifications of his eyes changing colors are insanely small on my screen and I embarrassed myself, frankly. Any way to make that bigger/more obvious?

3: Regarding the trial ponies, about what is the drop rate (all I see is "extreme" on the web sites, I have no clue if thats 1/100 or 1/1k+) and do they drop at low levels or just the hard modes?

4: How should I go about finding a FC? I don't see much recruiting honestly. I am on Balmung with a RL friend and my brother. RP does not bother me but I can't be bothered to do it myself. I see some people have like personal notes or something but I don't know how to set one.

Thanks

1. I can't test this since I just packed up my computer to get ready to move.

2. This is the last boss of Cutter's Cry right? I can't help here because I haven't unlocked this dungeon. (I'll get around to it sometime)

3. Like BD said above Extreme mode is hardest difficulty and the drop rate is around 20% for the mounts.

4. Look through our FC recruitment thread that's stickied. You could ask in game too for a guild that does X thing you're most interested in.

cool. Saved me alot of running low level esper trials lol

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I am sure you can, check through all the sections keybinds, I am sure I was going to change it but decided that I do want that easy camera control as everytime you log in the game automatically zooms right up close.

2. System, UI setting, there you can change the size and position of any elements, I believe Ctrl+Home is changing size.

3. they drop from Extreme only, unsure about drop rate as I never cared for those.

4. Try shout in high populate area "New player LF a friendly FC" or something, that's what I did when I started.

Ok so I did some digging around and asking people in shout range of main cities, apparently you can't bind mouse scroll in ff14 (or at least thats what everyone told me). I did find a workaround with the Naga, namely rebinding scroll to [ and ] then keybinding that. I created a new profile and then assigned push scroll key to swap the profiles. It is a little wonky but it will do for now *if anyone knows a better way I would love to hear it*.

So with that I am clear on everything thanks to the replies except the question about the boss notification. Thanks to grym I have learned how to scale thing in the ui, but I can't figure out what part I need to scale for the notifications of boss skills. I thought it would be the "notices" bar but that is apparently for FC/LS invites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    1. I am sure you can, check through all the sections keybinds, I am sure I was going to change it but decided that I do want that easy camera control as everytime you log in the game automatically zooms right up close.
    That really annoys me.

Does anyone know if there's any way to increase the camera distance? I think I've looked through all the obvious options and not found anything, doesn't mean it's not there though...

The notifications are also in chat window...you can make a new chat window and enable only notifications...put it whenever you like and resize it..it is much easier that way..this is what i did.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.