Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    What Aura of Contempt maximum health reduction percentage should we be phasing her into P3? We're dropping as low as 75% maximum health reduction (25% maximum health) which feels too low, basically killing players before healers can react.
    With a 5 heal, we were able to achieve 35% fairly consistently, although our kill was actually 30%. Those numbers are very manageable. With a 4 heal, I imagine 40% is not unrealistic, and that'd make the hardest part of a 4 heal (keeping the tank alive and living through the first Gavel/Add spawn/Edict) a good deal easier. We used 2 and 3 minutes on the pull, but we held stampede. While this limits you to only one use of stampede, going into p3 with that extra health was worth it to us. This might different for a 4 heal, where having stampede back up for the add in p3 might be crucial. For us, the first time we survived the gavel + add spawning in p3, we killed the boss, so our strategy was still based solely on getting to that point alive.

On a somewhat related note, I am surprised by the number of guilds I see going Xhul'horac first. When I look at the wipe counts being posted, I notice a lot of guilds (though certainly not all) showing a lower wipe count on Velhari. What is it about Tyrant that scares people away? Or is it that they perceive Xhul'horac to be quite easy? In reality, I found that boss to be more complicated than Gorefiend, although the ring trivialized enough of the fight to make it easier overall, for us.

xhul can be cheesed with 2-3 mages and a shaman. All that remains is proper execution of heroic mode mechanics and tanks not dying from the Akkellion.

Can't say it with ceartainty, but it is probably because Tyrant is a gear check with almost no tactics involved that differ from heroic, while Xhul is far more strat-reliant than gear. For the first few weeks before rings, Xhul was much easier to overcome. At this point they're honestly about equal, but up untill 2-3 resets ago it'd be better to go Xhul first and then Tyrant with another reset or two of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    xhul can be cheesed with 2-3 mages and a shaman. All that remains is for people to execute heroic mode mechanics properly and tanks not to die from the akkellion.
    Shaman is so annoying to rely on though.
    "Oh, an imp let a bolt off and you grounded that instead? Well shit."
    "Oh, someone was stood outside the range of the totem? Well fuck".
    No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    With a 5 heal, we were able to achieve 35% fairly consistently, although our kill was actually 30%. Those numbers are very manageable. With a 4 heal, I imagine 40% is not unrealistic, and that'd make the hardest part of a 4 heal (keeping the tank alive and living through the first Gavel/Add spawn/Edict) a good deal easier. We used 2 and 3 minutes on the pull, but we held stampede. While this limits you to only one use of stampede, going into p3 with that extra health was worth it to us. This might different for a 4 heal, where having stampede back up for the add in p3 might be crucial. For us, the first time we survived the gavel + add spawning in p3, we killed the boss, so our strategy was still based solely on getting to that point alive.
    We're actually 4 healing, so dropping to 25% maximum health without phasing her is concerning. Thanks for you and Draco's input.

How do "semi"- smart heals on this fight work? Will a heal that heals a random injured target still heal people at 35/35% health when others are at 15/35%?

Deleted
    Just wanted to share this wipe. What a fun boss... not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-xUwGNZNA

Anyone has an idea how to reliably be able to click the gateway?

Deleted
    Is CoW from disc good in 4 man set ups?

Thinking about it for our set up.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here is my kill video hunter pov. We were full on boss with cleave onto the add in p1 and 2. once the boss transitions to 40% we nuke the remaining add from p2. P3 add comes out, and nuke that add, then kill boss. I have some weak auras that may help, you'll see them in the video for edict and the crap on the ground in p3.

youtube.com/watch?v=8otVAlqqIBk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Is CoW from disc good in 4 man set ups?

Thinking about it for our set up.
    I used it for tankhealing during the final phase, tank damage is through the roof at that point so it's nice to have a buffer.

Hello,

We're about to tackle this boss shortly...unfortunately without a warlock. Ours disappeared and was under performing. We are trying to recruit, but in the mean time any suggestions on how to handle phase 3 without it? Should we 5 heal and hope we can handle the first tick while the person gets out of the group. Or are we down to praying it goes on a mage/hunter/druid and they get out of dodge fast enough.

Also, does anyone have the weak aura that displays the strength of the respective auras? Like this video https://youtu.be/RFpzMqdm67Q?t=218 Thanks for any help and suggestions

have a shadow priest stand out, grip and dispersion