Making gold in WoD without buying WoD

Hiya,

Posting here for the first time simply because I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere (maybe I just haven't searched good enough, don't know).

I was wondering whether (and if so, then how) it was possible to make enough gold in the current expansion to cover for EU sub fees + make additional profits, using only content up to MoP (including).

I left WoW back in Cata before the MoP launch event, and was thinking about coming back for Legion (if it feels good enough to me), but I thought I might as well start grinding up for the sub fees. I don't want to buy the WoD expansion, partially because I'm hoping that if I'll get Legion when it's out, I'll get WoD for free.
    I have enough gold currently to last for a couple of months if I reactivate my account, but don't want to do so if it will turn out I'll just run out of 'free' game time and gold.
    I saw people suggesting garrisons and doing Cata content in general, but that's with WoD, since garrisons won't be available without WoD, i figure, and Cata content will most likely be too difficult being capped at level 90.

Any help would be much appreciated.

pets drop in the old raids now that are worth some money. Check websites like the undermine journal to find out what the pet is worth on different servers - remember pets bound to your account can be accessed from any character and then put back into a cage.

When I was doing transmog runs this expansion on my rogues I came across many rare quality TBC raid pets and sold them for a nice profit. Most of them only sold for 250-450 each but a couple sold for 2k Gold in the auction house.

There is also still a market for some old materials for crafting for Mount and transmog purposes and these items are no longer being farmed so worth looking into but unfortunately most old crafting materials have been rendered obsolete because the Garrison in Draenor enables one to start new professions from scratch and rapidly level them with newer recipes without having to go back to the old world or buy old mats in the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpen View Post
    Hiya,

Posting here for the first time simply because I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere (maybe I just haven't searched good enough, don't know).

I was wondering whether (and if so, then how) it was possible to make enough gold in the current expansion to cover for EU sub fees + make additional profits, using only content up to MoP (including).

I left WoW back in Cata before the MoP launch event, and was thinking about coming back for Legion (if it feels good enough to me), but I thought I might as well start grinding up for the sub fees. I don't want to buy the WoD expansion, partially because I'm hoping that if I'll get Legion when it's out, I'll get WoD for free.
    I have enough gold currently to last for a couple of months if I reactivate my account, but don't want to do so if it will turn out I'll just run out of 'free' game time and gold.
    I saw people suggesting garrisons and doing Cata content in general, but that's with WoD, since garrisons won't be available without WoD, i figure, and Cata content will most likely be too difficult being capped at level 90.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I doubt WoD will be for free, but most likely half price.

If you don't have Warlords of Draenor, you are actually losing out on a lot of income, but there are ways. A lot of people are selling lockouts to mount bosses, or old materials, or generally just clear old content for an income. On RP servers, people earn a little extra by finding some good looking gear, doesn't even have to be epic. Old materials sell quite well, still, on some servers that is.

As well, collecting raid battle pets for sales is a good coin too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you had good level 90 gear (Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic) then you will be able to solo lvl90 content with most classes.. Even so your idea makes no sense, you will pay for a subscription so you can play the game to make gold to pay for your subscription in the future, yet you're limiting yourself to level 90 which will severely limit your gold making?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I'd say get some starting capital by selling pets and crafting reagents (for desireable items like jeeves and mailbox), and then just "play the auction house". Buy rare desireables and put them up for more, keep track of the waves in pricing, buy cheap, sell expensive...

You'd be playing the AH more than playing WoW, but on the large scale, it is one of the best ways to make large profits. And even level 1 bankers can do that, you certainly don't need WoD.

Deleted
    European tokens are at 45k-50k... thats really tough. I can barely break even even with all the money WoD throws at you. Making that kind of gold without WoD would require a lot of work and I am not sure if you really want to spend your time on something like that. That would he an hourly wage of ~0,8€ or something.

Playing the auction house is fine and dandy, though. But not everybody wants to / can do that.
    Last edited by mmoc43b1bfde29; 2015-08-24 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check this, just remove the Wod parts, it lists all ways to make raw gold (at the part 3) :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/..._daily_stably/

Other than that there is AH of course, and farming stuff that will take some times to sell, farming pets in raids, farming mogs in old zones, but I don't recommend it if you don't already have an ah add on already configured.

There's a guide in it suggesting how to pay your sub with gold with 9.5 hours farming per month (raw gold, not items that takes some time to sell resulting in an uncertain income).
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-08-24 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks for the help, everyone.
    AH is how I used to make gold in the past, but it felt too slow compared to the numbers I see people are making now.. most likely I was doing it wrong I'll read through the guides and suggestions and see how that works out, at least within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you had good level 90 gear (Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic) then you will be able to solo lvl90 content with most classes.. Even so your idea makes no sense, you will pay for a subscription so you can play the game to make gold to pay for your subscription in the future, yet you're limiting yourself to level 90 which will severely limit your gold making?
    Well, I'm not really interested in the current content, and would rather not pay actual money for it, so was mainly planning on just making gold to enjoy content I might actually be interested in later on (fingers crossed).
    As said before, I'm planning to pay for the subscription with gold I already have in possession from when I did play, not actual money.. so whatever gold/excess gold I make, is without having to spend money I don't really have/want to spend.