Deleted

Tank queue for dungeons bugged?

Hello

So, ever since they added the 695 item upgrade to the bag from the dungeon rewards, the queue has bugged out on me as a tank.

Before the bag upgrade, I just signed up as a tank, and the queue would pop mostly within the 10 next seconds.

Now, after signing on and off, I've currently waited for about 5 minutes, and still it wont find me any healer or dps. it says average waiting time is 14min.

does anyone else have this problem? and / or do you have any solution for it?

A TON of tanks queue now because the dungeon bag rewards are disproportionately high and the instances are fast. As a result there is no longer a big shortage of tanks and tank queue times are way up - sometimes even enough to trigger the bag reward for DPS, but not tanks or healers. No bug there

It's not a bug, it's an overload of tanks because the rewards are high and there are more tanks signed up than there are available groups.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Is that so? well that's nice to hear tbh, good for the poor dpsers

Then what would you say is the most effective? healer, dps or tank? to just enter the dungeons I mean.

What doesn't make sense is that the satchel is available, which means that tanks are in short supply. But the queues take 10+ minutes to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    What doesn't make sense is that the satchel is available, which means that tanks are in short supply. But the queues take 10+ minutes to pop.
    That has been confusing me too. Why would we wait so long if the satchel is up and ready to be used? Wouldn't that imply we are needed big time?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The satchel isn't so fast to update. I've got some 5-10 minute queues when DPS satchel was on.

The previous situation was 10 groups sat with 3 DPS waiting for a tank, so when you tank queued you got popped into one really fast. Now it's roughly balanced, so both short and long queues will instead be medium length.

Then what would you say is the most effective? healer, dps or tank? to just enter the dungeons I mean.
    Multi-role if possible, it should still be up for tank/healer a lot - not sure how often it's up for DPS

I think the satchel system is really flawed, it creates longer queue times for the roles that are needed by enticing too many players into the queue for that role.. The rewards are 500-600 gold with multiple blue BOA baleful items, stat runes and sometimes baleful 695 upgrades... It's very worthwhile to jump in and do one.

I can't really say that the satchel buff had any effect on me as a tank/healer, at least in the realm pool I'm playing in. The satchel has rarely been there for weeks/months, and if it's there I get instant invites.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    I can't really say that the satchel buff had any effect on me as a tank/healer, at least in the realm pool I'm playing in. The satchel has rarely been there for weeks/months, and if it's there I get instant invites.
    It very recently got buffed by a large amount, resulting in a large increase in players going for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll que as tank and healer. Healer will have satchel but the tank que will pop immediately with no satchel.
    THen if I uncheck tank to get the satchel the healer que will pop as late as 15 minutes later.

And the past 5 satchels I've opened have had nothing but mail and cloth in them (I'm running these on my druid/monk tanks) No leather pieces for them at all and they are the one's that need it!
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    A TON of tanks queue now because the dungeon bag rewards are disproportionately high and the instances are fast. As a result there is no longer a big shortage of tanks and tank queue times are way up - sometimes even enough to trigger the bag reward for DPS, but not tanks or healers. No bug there
    But that doesn't make sense either, why would I queue when I don't get the bag and I only queue for the bag?

I think the satchel system is really flawed, it creates longer queue times for the roles that are needed by enticing too many players into the queue for that role..
    The system isn't flawed, it's working perfectly. The ideal end goal is to equalize the queue times between all 3 roles - so yes, that means increased queue times for the roles that were previously instant. Just not increased to anywhere near the point that the longest queue was at before. Instead of an instant queue on one side and 20 minute queue on the other, you have two guys with a 5 minute queue now. That's obtained by strongly rewarding the guys who were in demand to queue more, arguably too strongly. It's at a point where there are so many of them queueing now compared to before, the reward isn't easily available.

But that doesn't make sense either, why would I queue when I don't get the bag and I only queue for the bag?
    You wouldn't queue then, join the club. You'll still get it often.

And the past 5 satchels I've opened have had nothing but mail and cloth in them (I'm running these on my druid/monk tanks) No leather pieces for them at all and they are the one's that need it!
    But you get like 800 gold per satchel average because of the high gold reward (>500) plus other rewards and medallions and the instances complete so fast, it's extremely effective way of making gold. That's why everyone's doing it
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2015-08-26 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think the satchel system is really flawed, it creates longer queue times for the roles that are needed by enticing too many players into the queue for that role.. The rewards are 500-600 gold with multiple blue BOA baleful items, stat runes and sometimes baleful 695 upgrades... It's very worthwhile to jump in and do one.
    So how should it work?!? You try to queue as DPS and you see the message:

Due to low demand for your role, you will receive no loot or rewards from running this dungeon at this time. But go ahead, it'll make a tank happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    As a result there is no longer a big shortage of tanks and tank queue times are way up
    Really? I'm still seeing 30 min queues for dps and 10 min for healer. We cant all be waiting surely?

Think they changed how the whole system works. Before you could see the satchel, queue up and when the queue popped, the satchel wasn't there anymore occasionally (means the satchel updated dynamically when the queue popped, not when you clicked on "queue up"). So basically they had a separate system for queues and satchels. Now it seems they are giving a guaranteed satchel for everyone who queues up when the bag is there in the dungeon journal, effectively creating bottlenecks. I sure prefered the previous system (and to elaborate, the old satchels which could contain mounts etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Now it seems they are giving a guaranteed satchel for everyone who queues up when the bag is there in the dungeon journal, effectively creating bottlenecks. I sure prefered the previous system (and to elaborate, the old satchels which could contain mounts etc)
    And why would that "create bottlenecks"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Think they changed how the whole system works. Before you could see the satchel, queue up and when the queue popped, the satchel wasn't there anymore occasionally (means the satchel updated dynamically when the queue popped, not when you clicked on "queue up"). So basically they had a separate system for queues and satchels. Now it seems they are giving a guaranteed satchel for everyone who queues up when the bag is there in the dungeon journal, effectively creating bottlenecks. I sure prefered the previous system (and to elaborate, the old satchels which could contain mounts etc)
    The old system didn't work.

After a while tanks stopped queueing for the bag because it was sneaky. Sometimes you'd get it at the end, sometimes you would not. The only advantage was that sometimes you'd be doing a random because you felt like it and bam, surprise random bag at the end.

If you queue for the bag, making sure it sticks to you is very important.

Now if you mean you preferred the fact that they contained mounts rather than gold, that would be subjective, but sure, I guess...

Also, it seems that when a tank bottleneck is created, I get better DPS after a 20 minutes wait. For all my alts, I'd vastly prefer a 20 minutes wait for a good group than getting a bad group instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    The system does not instantly update. It enables the bag, causing a lot of tanks to queue up (either manually or with an addon that automatically queues you). Obviously, with a large influx of players, the queue time will go up. But, because the system dose not instantly update, it will still offer the bag for a while.