Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Lol monks last who saw that coming? WW basically dont exist anymore. MW are very rare even with an extremely OP 4 set....that says a lot right there. If BM wasnt consistently good it would probably be at like 2% but tanks arent that common regardless.

Chaud, I don't know if its my browser (safari) or the way you code your charts but the bar colors never match the chart's "legend". For me, all the lines for each group are the same color (all DK lines are red etc)

that being said I can put my mouse over each line and get the info about what the line represents but it would be nice if the colors from the chart legend were represented / displayed in each sub-group (so instead of seeing all red for dk's the line colors would match the "legend".
    Last edited by Sensa; 2015-08-25 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Why are there so many hunters...? I reall don't get what people see in that class, other than it being easy.
    Class in fun to play and saying it's easy still doesn't cut the crap they get to do mechanic wise because they are the most mobile class.

I don't understand the hand wringing and consternation about the class representation graph. It's maybe mildly surprising that hunters make up 15% of the population (I would have guessed 12-13) but there are 11 classes so perfect "balance" numerically would be 9% for each. Each class except the newest one is very close to that baseline with the ones that can do 3 roles and/or have cool mechanics (druids) or strong iconography (paladins), plus the old stalwart warriors pulling in more of the pie.

Basically, all the classic tanking classes (plus hunters who have cool mechanics (pets which are mini-tanks) and cool iconography (bows, guns)) make up the top slots and the newest class is struggling to find a place in a very crowded field.

There is no universe of perfect class balance where druids, paladins, and hunters do not have more representation than other classes. They are too versatile and have too much built in cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    If other classes got more utility/cool stuff to make up for the lack of versatility, things would be more balanced.

Monks..well. We didn't need another melee dps, we didn't need another leather class (hi, DH...), as a tank they're one of the more perplexing and demanding to play effectively. I can't speak for them as healers--don't have experience. I will say, though--right now the queues wait on healers, not tanks, and I think that has to do with the challenge new players/alts have swapping to heals from dps/tanking. It's an entirely different skillset/playstyle, and honestly demands quite a bit more in general than tanking or dpsing imho.
    You're right about monks and i think you're right about the issue with healing. I main shadow and while i had a lot of fun healing 90-100 dungeons, the heroics were a slap in the face to my skills and the groups i was with were VERY unfriendly about it, especially given the short amount of time the game had been out. I suppose its fair to say i jumped in too soon but i had to pass the ilvl check and get silver healing so its not like i was a complete scrub either. You can't be an average healer with a group of soft dps and a new tank though.

As far giving other classes cool, i'm not opposed to giving out more love but seriously, what could you possibly give rogues that compete with a class that transforms into animals and can tank/heal/dps/dps (druids) or a class that tanks/dps/heals (paladins), or hunters who get cool animals and can solo stuff easier and such. Its going to be tough.

Deleted
    I'm willing to bet that if the other casters like mages, spriests etc aswell as the more squishy melee classes got some kind of boost to their "solo experience" the graph would be a lot more evened out, hunters might even drop lower than most other casters.

For A LOT of us playing this game we like the idea of having "one main character" that we do everything on. Besides raiding that's stuff like PVP (if that's to your liking), collecting pets, mounts and other various items, questing, doing world events and holiday events, soloing old content for whatever reason and the list goes on and on and on. If your main is a fire mage or an elemental shaman you might have fun while raiding with your friends but you also might find yourself gimped while attempting to do stuff on your own. This is a big turnoff for a lot of people. Hunter just fits a lot better into the fantasy of that one hero where you don't need to have alts do certain stuff. It's the main reason why I can't see myself maining anything else.

I had hoped that the addition of bodyguards in WoD would solve this issue but well.. we all know how that turned out

I also think the fact that hunters feel so superior in raids right now is that encounters are getting more and more complex, and more often than not this means a lot more movement, making a hunter feel smooth where you have high to infinite movement with slight to no DPS loss. Sure you could keep tuning hunter damage down and static caster dmg up but all that would do in the end is break the game outside raids or simply make hunters useless at the end of tiers. Making all classes equally desirable for the content outside raids seems like a much better option.

I will also add another reason why some classes are lower...i love playing a rogue but always gave up because was hard for me to find 2 good weapons...it was tons easier to get a bow or a gun than getting 2 swords with agility...not only this, but many times i was forced to change my spec because i got a good dagger drop and would be better to go assassination or subtlety..

Same on my DK...I like the dw frost but always found myself playing with a 2 hand..artifacts will solve this issue..finally your spec will not depend on the rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I forsee a time in the not too distant future where Ghostcrawler either decides he's sick of talking about WoW or Blizz quietly asks him to stop talking about the game, either way he will stop talking about WoW, mark my words.
    I don't care what is he speaks about WoW. JUST DON'T REPOST IT! it is that simple... He can live in his barbie world with his dreams, who cares? He was "removed" from the company and the project. He is just a random man who says his own crap.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2015-08-25 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    I don't care what is he speaks about WoW. JUST DON'T REPOST IT! it is that simple... He can live in his barbie world with his dreams, who cares? He was "removed" from the company and the project. He is just a random man who says his own crap.
    "Just a random man who says his own crap" describes every commenter on this website (with appropriate respect for the boys, girls, and women).

...and yet, these people feel validated in their own thoughts and feelings, believing that others will care to read them.

Just get over it already. I don't give a shit about the Sports section of my daily newspaper but I don't complain about it every day; it's obnoxious and immature.

Is it weird that I'm mildly excited about the Wildstar Warpig mount after all the WoW Boar mounts in WoD?