Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Well to be fair, holy is decent its just outshined. For progression its good to bring a holy priest.
    ... Why? Our current healing style is basically the same as Resto Druid, except our raid cooldown is vastly inferior, CoH doesn't heal nearly as much as Wild Growth and their ground heal is actually functional. Monks are mostly carried by their bonuses - and Revival is still superior to Hymn, despite being instant - and the other three specs are pretty much the core of good healing team. Obviously playing as Holy won't instantly doom a group to failure, but no, it's not really "good" to bring a Holy Priest. Unless there are no other options and there's no way to make two discs work in that particular encounter.

Also, being in last place by a significant margin is not "decent"...

Well in my experience when we were first progressing on fights and I was playing with a Disc Priest, Holy Pally, Resto Shaman, Restro Druid, and me i had no problems keeping up because EoL had almost 0 overhealing. As we went back to the fights I kept getting further and further behind.

If monks didn't have their set bonuses they would be right there with us. Decent doesn't mean godly. We don't get to shine because other healing classes are better at healing than we are.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could just as well reason that other classes didn't have their tier bonuses yet and/or average ilvl was low enough that keeping our old tier set didn't cost us 15+ ilvls. And that's assuming old mythic sets - if you only had heroic... ouch, that's 30+. It all adds up.

Either way, I doubt any raid leader ever went to HFC and thought "damn, if only we had a Holy Priest instead of X, this fight would be so much easier". Also, decent doesn't have to mean "godly". We weren't godly in previous tier, but we kept up with others, because our bonuses weren't shit. Right now, they pretty much are and it shows.

Well no of course they wouldnt. Having a holy priest during progression is good because we do so little overhealing. Its a good alternative if you have a disc and shadow priest in your raid and the spriest can justgo holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arioni View Post
    Depends what other healers you're running with, I suppose. Got into an argument with a guy on Reddit saying that he believes that all the other healing specs are simply under-tuned and that Holy is in a good place, and that apparently most people that play it simply play it wrong..? Apparently? Idk, seemed a bit silly to me. He was telling people who had legitimate questions about Holy that it was a good spec and that if you're not getting numbers then you're bad, which isn't the case.
    LOL so hundreds of thousands of players doing it ''wrong''... amazing.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mnia View Post
    LOL so hundreds of thousands of players doing it ''wrong''... amazing.
    I doubt there are still hundreds of thousands of us left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    I doubt there are still hundreds of thousands of us left.
    350.000 active priests. In which only 27,6% is holy. Well.. yeah, tens of thousands :P
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Deleted
    In all honesty, there is 5 kind of people spreading the misinformation about holy and talking big on how it is viable and in a "good" position - as it follows:

- People that generally play with healers that are miles below their level and are letting him/her shine playing Holy
    - People that play in groups without Holy Paladins/Disc Priest and are allowed to push numbers due to that reason
    - People with a lot of ignorance equipped and very little knowledge of Holy Priests
    - People that have barely done the first few bosses on normal and feel mighty (which usually is a combination between this and the first)
    - All of the above.

Holy pulls mediocre throughout numbers at best and by at best I mean when our holy pally spams denounce, our Druid spams wrath and our disc goes shadow.