So how difficult are the challenge modes this time around?

I'm looking to reactivate with my one token, but just so I can complete the challenge modes before Legion. I don't have any contacts or know anyone to do them with, but hey gotta try.

My question... is it pretty hard to find people for them if you've yet to do them? I unlocked them as a healer last expansion (gold) and this time Wanna try to do it as a hunter for the gun. I'm alliance on Proudmoore - US
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

More difficult than they were in MOP because they are harder to outgear, you've got trinkets and perfect stats and that is all you can optimise, at least one of the best trinkets for a hunter is likely to be the lucky coin, which is a world drop BOE item that has been available since launch. I've just started doing them myself with some guildies, if you're a good player and you play with other good players then it's fairly certain you will succeed if you keep at it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    More difficult than they were in MOP because they are harder to outgear, you've got trinkets and perfect stats and that is all you can optimise, at least one of the best trinkets for a hunter is likely to be the lucky coin, which is a world drop BOE item that has been available since launch. I've just started doing them myself with some guildies, if you're a good player and you play with other good players then it's fairly certain you will succeed if you keep at it.
    Well I haven't reactivated yet, Not alot of free time to play. I didn't really cheat the system on my priest when I did it, just kinda used what gear I had (No full set bonuses or anything. Think I had a 4p). What spec is used mostly with hunters? I imagine surv since its mastery isn't wasted with how mobile stuff is in challenge modes.

Deleted
    nah you can kinda outgear them, I did CM wod twice now so far (no motivation for a third round since artifact weapons) and the second time is ~2 months ago. you can outgear it in the sense that (at least back then) the +75 gems do count. so I had 8 gems in my gear and therefor got +600 haste as enhancement shaman, pretty neat :P

overall the second round was waaay easier than the first because all of the class buffs. for example we did everbloom with the last 4 minutes as 4 since 1 player's pc crashed in the midst of the spider boss and still managed to beat gold. We even got a server best time in shadowmoon valley for the perfect shaman title spirit walker

so on topic: I think as a hunter you may find one quickly. If you dont pull much with barrage hunters are quite popular for cm because of flexible buffs, and good burst and barrage aoe damage (and ofc utility with everbloom jumps xD)

gl for it! I think hunter is one of the classes where its actually worth getting the gun since the supposedly beastmaster gun artifact is not as good as the cm gun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    nah you can kinda outgear them, I did CM wod twice now so far (no motivation for a third round since artifact weapons) and the second time is ~2 months ago. you can outgear it in the sense that (at least back then) the +75 gems do count. so I had 8 gems in my gear and therefor got +600 haste as enhancement shaman, pretty neat :P

overall the second round was waaay easier than the first because all of the class buffs. for example we did everbloom with the last 4 minutes as 4 since 1 player's pc crashed in the midst of the spider boss and still managed to beat gold. We even got a server best time in shadowmoon valley for the perfect shaman title spirit walker

so on topic: I think as a hunter you may find one quickly. If you dont pull much with barrage hunters are quite popular for cm because of flexible buffs, and good burst and barrage aoe damage (and ofc utility with everbloom jumps xD)

gl for it! I think hunter is one of the classes where its actually worth getting the gun since the supposedly beastmaster gun artifact is not as good as the cm gun imo.
    Gem slots don't work in challenge modes.

Deleted
    yes the 50 gems didnt work, but believe when i say I definetely got the +600 haste form my 8 gems. it was ~ 2 months ago I can try if it still works.

EDIT: meh, just tried, doesnt work anymore...well, I guess my server best is a bit safer then :P
    Last edited by mmoc5b08c1f47c; 2015-08-24 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    yes the 50 gems didnt work, but believe when i say I definetely got the +600 haste form my 8 gems. it was ~ 2 months ago I can try if it still works.
    I tried it myself last thursday when we did Grimrail + Everbloom, no change in stats while equipping items with 75 mastery in them.

Deleted
    The most difficult thing is to find four capable people to play with, even if you have 8/8 gold experience. Unfortunately, only a minority of the good players is interested in challenge modes - and most of them already belong to a boost group.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2015-08-24 at 03:12 PM.

there was bug when gems actually activated inside cm's but it got patched :>
    also they are harder then mop cause you can't out gear them like you could in mop with 21 gem slots
    doable sure just find 4 competent raiders and you will be fine
    I'm a special snowflake deal with it

Damn, thanks for the advice. Gonna be hard to find a group since I don't know anyone who plays anymore and am 0/8 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post
    Well I haven't reactivated yet, Not alot of free time to play. I didn't really cheat the system on my priest when I did it, just kinda used what gear I had (No full set bonuses or anything. Think I had a 4p). What spec is used mostly with hunters? I imagine surv since its mastery isn't wasted with how mobile stuff is in challenge modes.
    4p do not now, and never has worked in CM. BM is easily the best overall CM spec for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    4p do not now, and never has worked in CM. BM is easily the best overall CM spec for hunters.

Yep.. BM is the most viable spec. MM is viable too, but I wouldn't try it with an inexperienced group.

SV was viable before the big nerf (I ran them twice as SV + Focusing Shot), and now it's absolutely useless for CMs.

BM stat prio .. mastery > crit > haste

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Yep.. BM is the most viable spec. MM is viable too, but I wouldn't try it with an inexperienced group.

SV was viable before the big nerf (I ran them twice as SV + Focusing Shot), and now it's absolutely useless for CMs.

Thanks, I'll have to learn BM and collect those pets then. Always been marks/Surv kinda person.

Deleted
    A lot easier than it was at the start of xpac.

So many specs have gotten more buffed than nerfed since WoD release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post

BM and MM have been buffed so much since wod release (when i did cmodes), I doubt it matters which of the 2 specs you are, you will overdamage cmodes easily.

dps in general shouldn't be an issue in cmodes, its more of everything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    These challenge modes are much more class dependent and have a more strict timer across the board. However their difficulty range is much smoother and as a whole, less difficult than MOPs (at launch)

If you were to graph it, MoPs would have a much higher Std. Dev. in terms of difficulties when compared to WoDs.

In essence WoD kind of requires the group as a whole to be good, while MoPs only needed a skilled tank/healer
    However this works well because it makes WoDs feel easier once everyone is on the same page, it's not too hard to coordinate things in the WoD groups.

If you need to get them done I don't sell I just do them for funsies,
    Clonk#1246 Horde side, I'm about to do my 5th run through on a BrewMaster Monk.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2015-08-24 at 07:52 PM.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    These challenge modes are much more class dependent and have a more strict timer across the board. However their difficulty range is much smoother and as a whole, less difficult than MOPs (at launch)

If you were to graph it, MoPs would have a much higher Std. Dev. in terms of difficulties when compared to WoDs.

In essence WoD kind of requires the group as a whole to be good, while MoPs only needed a skilled tank/healer
    However this works well because it makes WoDs feel easier once everyone is on the same page, it's not too hard to coordinate things in the WoD groups.

Nuuu, horde side. I'm alliance unfortunately.

definitely more difficult than mop

7+ Year Old Account
    Look for 4 others on these forums or your wow forum (EU or NA).

Get a clefthoof pet and waterstrider for MS and SP (and crit) so you can be more flexible, also a res pet helps. BM was excellent when i did it (22+k dps, ~30k on bosses)

I did it with a warrior tank and paly healer and we had no combat res so was interesting, but none of the dungeons took more than an hour or 2 from fresh to gold.

Don't be afraid to reset if you are near end and won't do it in the gold timer. There's so many guides around now and gear with perfect stats it's easy.

There will be lots of people wanting to find a solid group so plan 1 evening per week and get involved!

- - - Updated - - -

Most importantly, interrupts and stuns!

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    may just take you up on that offer. Looking to do these with my guild soon, but if i can run through them with an experianced player first on either my warlock or priest, it may help out a lot more. Did silvers and a gold or 2 in mop during the last week before they patched them out, and want to get them done early this time around.