Witcher 3 play help, looking for advice

I got the Witcher 3 recently and think the game is absolutely amazing, although overwhelming. With RPGs, I always like to get everything, search every room of a dungeon, etc...

In the first part of the game (lilac and gooseberries or whatever...until you kill griffen), it was easy to read all the notice boards, do the quests, go to all the ? on the map, etc. Now I just got to the next stage, and the portion of the map is gigantic with multiple notice boards, etc.

Any advice on not getting overwhelmed by this and still feeling like your doing almost everything? I dont just want to follow the main quest line and miss alot of the extra stuff. But I'm still just not familiar enough with the game to understand how to effectively explore (for lack of a better term).

Game is awesome though. Thanks!!

Deleted
    You won't be overhelmed to be honest because you need some level to do some quests. Bigger problem will be to do quest and not overlevel them(even overleveled they are worth to do). You shouldn't be able to have more than 5-6 quests at your level, it's my experience. Take your time with this game, because its like around 200 hours of content for one walkthrough. Freedom is limited by leveling process in my opinion. And its easy to miss some awesome quests.Some "?" marks are also limited by level, but most of them are 10-15 lvl (in Velen). I would say turn off minimap it will make game better.

Follow the main quests and do side quests and POIs that are roughly in the same area. It's not ideal, but this method is pretty much foolproof. Myself, I was doing a lot of side quests while I was underleveled, which led me to massively overlevel the main quests and most of the other sides quests. It wasn't fun then anymore, the game required zero effort, and I played on the highest difficulty. Also try to figure out the distinction between THE side quests and simple tasks. The main side quests (I know, that sounds weird) let you aquire followers for the battle in Kaer Morhen, which has effect on the game's ending, while the tasks are just gold, loot and unimportant fluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Don't worry, the zone you were just in is the starter area, the real game is much MUCH bigger. Hell there's another zone after that!

It took me some hours to get used to it, after 10 hours or so I got over the overwhelming feeling... Just don't rush, run around and have fun. Go to a village collect quests, do some, travel some more get more quests , do them. Balance between main and side quests so you have the most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The thing with witcher is: Don't just do the main quests. Go beat up some boors, play some gwent, do a few contracts for money. Maybe find some Witcher gear hidden around Velen and craft a few things. A full Witcher 3 playthrough takes many many hours, take your time, try not to think too much about the main objective.