Thread: Reverse Racism

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hope your little rant helps to justify been racist op, I mean other people are racist to you so its ok

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Its who you are. Who you choose to be. The choices you make. It has nothing to do with things you can't control like your ethnicity or gender.
    In other news, apparently you can control your gender. Take Bruce Jenner for example. He slapped on some granny panties and paid some surgeons to change his gender. He took 100% control of that.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not saying that this poster has been shit on. But your claim can be tackled without it being in the context to the OP.

According to you, he has no financial troubles, so he has no right to complain, following the logical path of your claim.
    I'm making fun of him because he thinks it's a case of "reverse racism" that some of his coworkers are minorities.

Not every statement made on the internet is intended as a generalization.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    I'm making fun of him because he thinks it's a case of "reverse racism" that some of his coworkers are minorities.

I really don't know if that's his point to be made. His OP is, and I agree with you and everyone else, very vague. If it's really that, I have to shake my head at it, but it seems like he simply hasn't explained any such case of disdain aimed at him for his race.

Could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story bro. Now show us where the original poster describes being shat upon.
    Again, nothing specific has ever happened beyond a verbal confrontation... but the hatred in those more and more frequent confrontations, and racial comments made to ME in those confrontations are painting a picture that people don't want equality, they want superiority.

Again... the youtube video... the retards that stormed Bernie Sanders campaign http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bernie-sa...tter-activists

If given the opportunity to tell you how they really feel, people will tell you that they HATE white people. I think its equally ignorant... and I guess ya'll are right racism is racism... but it goes both ways. The minority groups aren't absolved of that guilt simply because they are a minority.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    Hope your little rant helps to justify been racist op, I mean other people are racist to you so its ok
    I think the OPs point is that the pendulum of racism in America is starting to swing the other direction and you can see it everywhere. The fact that White Privilege courses are being taught at hundreds of colleges should alarm anyone who is against racism. Some people think they're champions for justice and equality, but they are actually (maybe unknowingly) champions for revenge and vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Here's something to think about race debaters.

"White Superiority" and "White Privilege"

...are technically the same thing.

If one is real then so must be the other.

/mindblown
    No.

That is all.

On topic, it really does sound like one of those "It wasn't WHAT he said, it was the WAY he said it" kind of over-reactions that sitcoms love. I mean, if you could tell us that you were being disciplined for things that others weren't or unfairly singled out, that would be something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as reverse racism, as been said, it is just racism, and racism against whites for 90% of the time I hear it, is laughable at best, the fact is racism against whites for the most part doesn't exist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account

I just want to be clear that while I have not provided an example of discrimination... or a specific act against be because I am white.

The dialogue about my workplace was not evidence of that fact, but merely back story that I have for the most part lived an integrated and diverse life. I don't work in a predominantly WHITE environment. I don't live in a predominantly WHITE environment. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that I am not a closet racist... because that could be possible. I was merely pointing out that given the people I have surrounded myself with, friendships I value, people I respect who are NOT white... it would be really difficult and ignorant of me to hate them purely because they aren't white.

When you grow up around racism, live, go to school, and work in a community that is predominantly one race... it is really easy I think for racism to thrive. You never get an opposing view point.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, nothing specific has ever happened beyond a verbal confrontation... but the hatred in those more and more frequent confrontations, and racial comments made to ME in those confrontations are painting a picture that people don't want equality, they want superiority.

Again... the youtube video... the retards that stormed Bernie Sanders campaign http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bernie-sa...tter-activists

If given the opportunity to tell you how they really feel, people will tell you that they HATE white people. I think its equally ignorant... and I guess ya'll are right racism is racism... but it goes both ways. The minority groups aren't absolved of that guilt simply because they are a minority.
    So, let's be clear, here: nothing specific has happened to you. But there are a lot of minorities where you work. And you argued with one, one time. And that's reverse racism.

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    No.

That is all.
    Sorry but thinking Whites are better off because they're White is the definition of both "White Superiority" and "White Privilege".

Its just an honest truth.

Now they both have different implications, of course, but the core of both is the same belief.

So if you believe in one then you are ...like it or not ...believing in the other.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let's be clear, here: nothing specific has happened to you. But there are a lot of minorities where you work. And you argued with one, one time. And that's reverse racism.

Is that correct?
    Why don't you just go report me again...

Racism is not an act.

Segregation is an act. Discrimination is an act.

I don't have to have been acted on or against to feel racial hatred.

I never said I had an argument with a coworker. You have assumed that. You and other have also assumed that because I am the minority in the workplace that this is somehow my justification for "reverse racism". My rant about my life and workplace was not about my 'struggle' it has shaped my views and opinions and despite living a life that is far more diverse than many other people around the world or even this country where I actually interact with people of different cultures and ethnicity and ACTUALLY being exposed to it, might have a reason to dislike it (I don't dislike it/them). I am not a racist. Yet despite that I am the minority people at the university student, faculty, or staff are very vocal about how the WHITE MAN is to blame for virtually every problem, and should thus in some shape or form pay penance for the years of oppression they have caused.

Sorry but thinking Whites are better off because they're White is the definition of both "White Superiority" and "White Privilege".

Its just an honest truth.

Now they both have different implications, of course, but the core of both is the same belief.

So if you believe in one then you are ...like it or not ...believing in the other.
    Sorry, but it isn't. White Privilege doesn't come from the idea that white people are naturally superior. It's the idea that white people have fewer hurdles placed in front of them in the form of societal issues. It in no way implies at all that white people are actually superior. That's either a gross misunderstanding or a willful twisting of words to attempt to back up a half-assed premise.

So nothing actually happened then? Awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Yet despite that I am the minority people at the university student, faculty, or staff are very vocal about how the WHITE MAN is to blame for virtually every problem, and should thus in some shape or form pay penance for the years of oppression they have caused.
    If people are speaking publicly about how any one race is specifically at fault for all of the world's problems, then you should probably take it to your boss or your boss's boss if you feel that your boss wouldn't hear your concerns. If you attempt to resolve things through the proper channels like an adult, and that doesn't work, then you may have an issue.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just go report me again...

Racism is not an act.

Segregation is an act. Discrimination is an act.

I don't have to have been acted on or against to feel racial hatred.

I never said I had an argument with a coworker. You have assumed that. You and other have also assumed that because I am the minority in the workplace that this is somehow my justification for "reverse racism". My rant about my life and workplace was not about my 'struggle' it has shaped my views and opinions and despite living a life that is far more diverse than many other people around the world or even this country where I actually interact with people of different cultures and ethnicity and ACTUALLY being exposed to it, might have a reason to dislike it (I don't dislike it/them). I am not a racist. Yet despite that I am the minority people at the university student, faculty, or staff are very vocal about how the WHITE MAN is to blame for virtually every problem, and should thus in some shape or form pay penance for the years of oppression they have caused.
    What makes you think I reported you?

So when you said "Again, nothing specific has ever happened beyond a verbal confrontation", you didn't even mean your coworker? You just got into a verbal confrontation with a stranger?

Do you have even a single example to support the claim that "...student, faculty, or staff are very vocal about how the WHITE MAN is to blame for virtually every problem"?

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Sorry, but it isn't. White Privilege doesn't come from the idea that white people are naturally superior. It's the idea that white people have fewer hurdles placed in front of them in the form of societal issues. It in no way implies at all that white people are actually superior. That's either a gross misunderstanding or a willful twisting of words to attempt to back up a half-assed premise.
    Strip away the salient details.

The root of both beliefs is that Whites are superior.

Either inherently or circumstantially, the belief is the same.

Which is why both need to go away.

If you don't want to accept the fact that people are playing a race game then you wont see this fact.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Strip away the salient details.

The root of both beliefs is that Whites are superior.

Either inherently or circumstantially, the belief is the same.

Which is why both need to go away.

If you don't want to accept the fact that people are playing a race game then you wont see this fact.
    Closing your eyes and pretending that there aren't inequalities in the system doesn't magically make them go away. Don't get me wrong, one can't blame everything on these same issues either. However, acknowledging that the sky is blue implies nothing about how the day will go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so confused. Is claiming racism but can't really tell us why other than non whites are speaking not kindly about whites? You a special snow flake? You don't think of how many non whites get shit thrown at them daily (not literally) for the color of their skin and nothing more? You need to really....I don't know.....but to get pissey because you heard someone say something to someone about something and those two someones weren't the same color as you and therefore they're racist against you?