Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Honestly if Flamewaker is OP then every single competitive deck is OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Honestly if Flamewaker is OP then every single competitive deck is OP.
    It seems like people underestimate Flamewaker, and because the card isn't super popular it is overlooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    The OP mentioned Flamewaker in the combo so it is relevant. I'm not saying it is op because I had bad games, I'm saying it's op because it's op. With that being said this combo will only happen if the stars align, Flamewaker however is still broken.
    The combo mentioned in the OP is a turn 8-9, 6-7 card combo, and since flamewaker is part of that combo, you immediately jumped on the chance to call the card op once again, completely ignoring the fact that flamewaker is a tiny part of that combo.

It seems like people underestimate Flamewaker, and because the card isn't super popular it is overlooked.
    The funny thing is, I have yet to see you actually explain why you think this card is broken. People have tried numerous times to tell you why you're wrong, yet your only response seems to be "the card is broken/op" or "if what happened to me, happened to you, you would agree".

It seems like you're basing your hate for this card solely on the fact that you had some bad experiences against it, and you don't actually have any valid arguments to support your claim.

I mean, your first response to me disagreeing with you in your own thread, was to call me a "mage player", as if that would automatically dismiss anything I said on the matter. That's a ridiculus way to handle discussions.

I've been playing tempo Mage all season. Trust me I know just how powerful they can be.

I basically spent 2800 gold to get Mad Scientist and another 2800 gold to get Flamewaker. This deck is getting seriously expensive and it doesn't actually provide that much results.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-08-26 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I basically spent 2800 gold to get Mad Scientist and another 2800 gold to get Flamewaker. This deck is getting seriously expensive and it doesn't actually provide that much results.
    wat.

10 characters
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    wat.

10 characters
    I make enough gold from arena and don't actually need to buy adventures with real money.

If you bought those expansions specifically for tempo mage, and did it recently, well I would've probably recommended waiting until the meta stabilises first.

Though Naxx and BRM had heaps of useful cards apart from those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you bought those expansions specifically for tempo mage, and did it recently, well I would've probably recommended waiting until the meta stabilises first.

Though Naxx and BRM had heaps of useful cards apart from those two.
    Naxx yes, BRM not really besides the first 2 wings.
    I got them mostly for the value (1 legendary per 700 gold is amazing, even if the legendary is bad) but I play tempo mage 90% of the time and zoo warlock the other 10%.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-08-26 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Naxx yes, BRM not really besides the first 2 wings.
    I got them mostly for the value (1 legendary per 700 gold is amazing, even if the legendary is bad) but I play tempo mage 90% of the time and zoo warlock the other 10%.
    I dunno. I see Blackwing Technicians, Corruptors, Patron and Thaurissan (of course), Nefarian, occasionally Chromaggus, Druid of the Flame, Quick Shot, Flamewaker, sometimes Dragon Consorts and Twilight Whelps, Resurrect, Gang Up, Fireguards and Imp Gang Boss in play in ranked. Of those, about seven are in decks that were highly competitive last season (two of them created or enabled whole new decks - Patron for Warrior and Flamewaker for Tempo). So 15 out of 31 see some constructed play, and 7 see a lot. Half of the BRM cards were good, and half of those were great - that's not so bad.

I think the main reason it has such a bad reputation is that people were hoping the Dragon theme would make more of a mark on the meta. Which it actually might yet, given some of the decks I've seen so far in TGT.

As for which wings of each expansion to buy, well that's all down to what deck you want to build of course. Personally I just buy them all, because they were fun to play regardless.

Deleted
    I made him and combo'd him with Malygos, Thaurissan and Antonidas in a control mage deck, it's pretty hilarious.