Gadiator's Sanctum is LITRALLY Useless

So i thought that due to the downtime till Legion, i do some of the other things i wanted to do during Warlords. So i built a Gladiator's Sanctum in hopes of getting the achievements and awesome titles. Come to find out, this task is impossible. I cant que for the Free for all fight, i can only imagine its before not enough people are signing up for it. (Yes ive done the quest) So i thought id go for the slayer. Turns out that even this cant be done because i wait an hour and a half to get into Ashran and no actual PvP fighting is happening. And since Battlegrounds don't count for those quests, i cant get anything involved with this building. Am i missing something?
    Last edited by Apolyc; 2015-08-25 at 02:08 PM.

The building isn't useless, it has some of the nicest perks if you do outdoor content. But I agree that the achievements and quests associated with it are poorly designed. The slayer stuff should have been done through achievements only, not through quests. That way you'd at least be able to get some progress with multiple races at the same time. Most achievements and quests become easier as time goes on, but these are the exact opposite.

The glad sanctum has solid perks for when your doing outdoor dickin around stuff that you wouldn't need it for anymore. The slow fall thing was pretty useful for gettin around.
    Due to the combination of the fighting pit not belonging in the game, the achievements being a kick in the nuts, ashran being garbage, the removal of the 5 min. pvp flagged thing on pve realms, and not being able to farm bones in bgs... easily the worst building in the game.

Yeah you are definitely late the the achievement and title party. It used to be doable when you could premade ashran, but now it is next to impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, this is Garrisons™ working as intended to preserve your immersion™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The achievement is designed around Trashcan.

And the perks are one of the best out of all buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Useless and frustrating are two different things. The gladiator sanctum is the most useful medium sized building in my opinion. It gives some decent PVP buffs for world and Ashran, and it gives you a steady flow of conquest points (and honor points if you still need them) from the bones.

I don't see any issues with the titles. I'm steadily working on titles in Ashran on both the Horde and Alliance side. It's a steady grind, just like Tanaan jungle reputations or that 150k crystals mount. You can't do it in one Ashran run, but I don't think it was intended to work like that.

The frustrating thing for me is that you can't change the slayer title that you're working on, but like I said, frustrating and useless are two different things.

The world buffs are nice when doing tanaan dailies. But that's the extent of the use I get from it. I do arenas to get quick conquest cap, and have no use for honor. And after the dailies, no other use of them. And in Ashran, hour and a half que time. Ashran for two hours (around 7 - 9 pm server time) and only 7 kills toward my current slayer (undead) its not like its an unpopular race like Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    The world buffs are nice when doing tanaan dailies. But that's the extent of the use I get from it. I do arenas to get quick conquest cap, and have no use for honor. And after the dailies, no other use of them. And in Ashran, hour and a half que time. Ashran for two hours (around 7 - 9 pm server time) and only 7 kills toward my current slayer (undead) its not like its an unpopular race like Pandaren.
    My rogue is just past 250 on the undead slayer one. I've been working on it for about a month, but only one Ashran/week for the most part. Quest credit does seem to be a little picky. Whatever the requirements are to get credit, I feel like the guarantee for credit is to be in combat. For instance, if I'm just standing there capping the flag, and I see a raid member kill an undead not too far away, I might not get credit; but if I'm in combat with a Tauren, and a raid member kills an undead, I'll get quest credit for the undead. Being in combat constantly seems to help quest credit go up the quickest. At least that's what seems to be working best.

Of course, common sense says always be with the raid group; always doing the objectives or going for the faction leader when they do, but aside from that, always being in combat instead of standing there capping the flag, for example, seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yeah you are definitely late the the achievement and title party. It used to be doable when you could premade ashran, but now it is next to impossible.
    Hint: You can still easily do 40 man Ashran pre-mades.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Ashran queue will get partly fixed with the patch in September. According to the info you should be able to work with the Slayer quests even if you queue up on the opposite faction through the mercenary system. It's probably like Orb of Deception, if Gnome turns you into Tauren then either of those works for Tauren/Gnome slayer quest and similar for the others.

the 500 kill achieves are easy for Orc/Human but the other races are so sparse it takes forever to get enough kills. Your best bet is to make friends with someone and just kill their level 90 500 times.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

So I'm not the only one with an insanely long queue time for the Highmaul Coliseum? My longest queue was 2 hours so far, only tried to queue like 3 times though, because it seems pointless flying to Nagrand, run, queue and then be queued forever

I wish the nemesis quests could have been based on actual PvP representation. I'd happily kill 2000 humans, if I could get away with max. 100 pandas.

Deleted
    No it isn't "useless", you just need to get educated on it.

Also, the Nemesis quests were designed to take a while, you were not meant to get them all done in 1 day or even 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    No it isn't "useless", you just need to get educated on it.

Also, the Nemesis quests were designed to take a while, you were not meant to get them all done in 1 day or even 1 week.
    Nor do i expect them to take that little time. But my point is that Ashran, at least on my realm, isn't populated at all. Maybe 4 or 5 of my target slayer achievement race on the enemy team. Not that ill ever find them since nobody is actually PvPing in Ashran and instead just do the stupid events. Even then one small fight will break out, the losers will then leave and go do something else.

Deleted
    They even increased the cost for work orders to make us consume more bones :P
    Coliseum had long queues + preptimes already shortly after launch, so can imagine they have only got worse.
    Work orders got a bit nerf as well, at start you used to get lots of blue pvp gear... so much dust for my enchanter.
    So yea, if you don't love ashran and don't have time for coliseum queues it's useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    So I'm not the only one with an insanely long queue time for the Highmaul Coliseum? My longest queue was 2 hours so far, only tried to queue like 3 times though, because it seems pointless flying to Nagrand, run, queue and then be queued forever

I wish the nemesis quests could have been based on actual PvP representation. I'd happily kill 2000 humans, if I could get away with max. 100 pandas.
    When you finish the quest once you can queue at the fat dude working out in your sanctum in garrison. You must run every week to get the quest in nagrand though. I think the preptime was too long for the coliseum, and they should have made it so factions are together as well to decrease queues. It was extremely fun, especially being last man standing as shadow priest but the queues + preptime just made it so you had to spend so much time waiting and so little time actually playing, such a shame really
    Last edited by mmocb8e9590de3; 2015-08-26 at 07:55 AM.