Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this racist, or honest?

http://www.washingtonstarnews.com/wo...f-the-country/

A UK Pub Has Sign On Its Entrance Telling Muslims To ‘GET THE F**K OUT OF THE COUNTRY’

A J.D. Wetherspoon’s pub customer was shocked to find a racist Lord Kitchener-style poster on display on his local’s noticeboard which told Muslims to “get the f**k out of our countries.”

(JewsNews) – The hate-filled sign had been put on display earlier this week on the family pub’s noticeboard in Feltham, Middlesex, without the knowledge of staff.

A regular patron to The Moon on the Square, who asked to remain anonymous, went in for lunch with a Muslim colleague and said he was ‘disgusted’ by the offensive material.

The print features WWI recruitment artwork and claims to be supported by The Infidel Brotherhood.

The patron said: “I was absolutely disturbed to see this vile poster on display in my local pub, let alone in the biggest pub chain in the UK.”

“It is disgraceful that J.D. Wetherspoon pubs are allowing this anti-Muslim propaganda to be displayed – I’d hate for any Muslim to think all British people are racists because of this.”

The customer said he visited the pub on August 20 at 1pm and immediately noticed the offensive poster.

He said: “Just as we sat down inside the pub, I noticed the sign a few tables away from us.”

“My friend, who is a Muslim, didn’t say anything but I could see he was highly uncomfortable.”

“We only had thirty minutes for lunch, but were both so angry that we got up and left before having our sandwiches.”

The poster features a drawing of war recruitment hero Lord Kitchener.

It read: ‘MUSLIMS. Are you unhappy with our countries? Are you offended by our culture? Would you prefer to live under sharia law?

The poster, which was pinned up on a notice board apparently by a customer, was signed by ‘The Infidel Brotherhood.’

The customer added: “I’ll never go back to one of their pubs ever again. They should have employees making sure racist propaganda like this will not be tolerated in this country.”

A spokesperson for the pub chain apologized for the racist poster.

In a statement they said: ‘A poster was displayed on the notice board at The Moon on the Square, by a customer at the pub, without the knowledge of the pub staff.

“As soon as this came to light, staff immediately removed the discriminatory material.”

The customer notice board, which is regularly checked and monitored by staff, has now been completely cleared of all material, whatever the content.

“The Moon on the Square is a community pub, proud of its diverse customer base, and has always been fully committed to operating in a non-discriminatory way.”
    Now before everyone jumps to conclusions on this, the pub itself wasn't the one who made the sign, it was an anonymous customer who pinned it outside the pub door.

Now, on the one hand, I could say this was a racist aim at muslims in general in the uk, given we have a strong Muslim population here, I've put it that like with christianity, if someone wants to believe something they can go do that, do so but be moderate about it.

However, I thought about the wording of the sign and it made me wonder what the person who wrote it might have meant.

Yeah it has all the kind of vernacular you'd see in a south park episode, but I'd argue across something that isn't often brought up for fear of being thought racist, when really its targeting a problem within the group in question.

In the uk, we live in a progressive society, a mixed culture, but at its core we are a pretty relaxed country, like america and denmark, when it comes to standard of living, health benefits, jobs, development, and that we are not a set religious country, but one that allows for any religious belief to be practiced, within a moderate setting, and within the confines of the legal system and law.

To this, when I read reports of religious extremists, who come over to the uk from countries like Syria or Iran, who make use of all the good graces the uk system gives them, benefits, far better living conditions, the ability to practice whatever religion they want.. its when you have extremists coming here, and wanting the uk itself to bend to their standard, things like wanting to behead people for not believing the same thing they do, who want to kill all gays and atheists, who want to force things like Sharia law into the uk, while they make full use of the uks freedoms its given them, then yes, I then agree fully with the sign, that these people need to f**k off back to where they came from.

If such people are not prepared to adapt to the country they moved to, and accept the laws in place in the uk, to practice there beliefs moderately as muslims born in the uk do, then yes, I actually agree with the sign in that degree.

Maybe the person who wrote it didn't mean it in that capacity, but to me, when you have people like Anjem Choudary and what he preaches in the safety of the uk, knowing he won't be shot in the head for saying it, then yeah, I agree with the sign against those people.

Very racist. As far as that quote goes from Anjem, the same can be said of Christianity as well.. There is no freewill or free speech. If its God's plan, he planned it and youre just carrying it out as God already decided.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2015-08-25 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Well, it does make sense. Don't immigrate to a country whos laws you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its obviously racist, but whether the establishment is racist is another question... Anyone can walk in and pin something to their notice board...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its obviously racist, but whether the establishment is racist is another question... Anyone can walk in and pin something to their notice board...
    like say, it wasn't the pub owners, but a random guy who put it up

Reword line 5 and 6 and it would be honest, as those lines could be taken as racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this is completely distasteful, I do agree that projecting your own cultures upon a country different to yours is unacceptable. Hell, people have been arrested for less in certain eastern countries as their laws dictate. Why should we bend backwards for their people, if they will not either?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Very racist.
    that isn't the word you're looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    like say, it wasn't the pub owners, but a random guy who put it up
    Probably some EDL cunt or offshoot putting that up. (aka spoons regulars)

Muslim is not a race. But it is offensive and uncalled for.

But from what I have heard and been told, Europeans do not like Muslims/Arabic people very much.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    that isn't the word you're looking for.
    Its exactly the word I was looking for. People wholly discriminate against brown people equally. You cant tell me you can tell the difference of a brown persons religion by looking at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sentence "...go back to the monstrous shitholes you came from" in Feltham is quite amusing, as Feltham is a monstrous shithole, so it could just mean stay where you are.

Also, sending Anjem Choudray back to the country he came from would mean sending him back to Britain, as that is where he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Muslim is not a race. But it is offensive and uncalled for.

But from what I have heard and been told, Europeans do not like Muslims/Arabic people very much.
    Its semantics at the end of the day because it targets most brown people without discretion.

Musilms are not a race. Muslims are followers of Islam, which is a religion. And it is not a monolithic religion either; It is a vast, multinational, multiracial, multiethnic religion. So no, it is not "racist". In fact it is the opposite as anyone can be a muslim, regardless of race.

This sign is no more racist than telling a Jehova's witness to take their pamphlet and shove it where Jesus can't see.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2015-08-25 at 10:45 PM.
    ~RAWR!

Muslims aren't a race so no it's not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

There's a difference between saying "if you don't like it here, go to a country that does, we're not going to bend for you." and "If you don't like us, go back to your monstrous 'asshole' country".

Perhaps it's not particularly racist, this depends on if the writer had the intention to encompass all muslims as a people, or if he was just referring to muslim countries as 'monstrous assholes' due to their laws.

It's a shitty sign, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Well, it does make sense. Don't immigrate to a country whos laws you don't like.
    Pretty much this. I hate seeing all these people immigrate in Europe when they hate the country. In America people here complain about Mexicans, but I have never EVER met a Mexican, Illegal or Legal, who hated it here. I see so much stuff about how much Muslims hate the countries they immigrate to in Europe. It is not even slightly racist. It is pure truth.

Most societies prefer that immigrants make an effort to assimilate into their new land, rather than bring their new land with them. It's one of the reasons the Chinese had such a hard time when they came to America; people were afraid that they would expand and then supplant the resident culture. I live in California and I can see the same attitude given to Mexicans by my parents' generation. It doesn't help that the population and crime has skyrocketed, and that 9 out of the 10 most wanted fugitives in my county are Mexicans.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me much, because I am a big picture kind of guy. We've been civilized on this planet for maybe 10 thousand years out of its billions, and something tells me we won't make it forever.

Maybe prejudice unless they experienced it first hand then its truth.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The sentence "...go back to the monstrous shitholes you came from" in Feltham is quite amusing, as Feltham is a monstrous shithole, so it could just mean stay where you are.

Also, sending Anjem Choudray back to the country he came from would mean sending him back to Britain, as that is where he comes from.
    yeah, I know, its more the fact he preaches his insane shit in a country thats done nothing but giving him a pillow to sit on while he does it.