Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    So you're basically telling me that I have no right to feel upset about the changes to popular or cult classed movies and cartoons and politics being changed to suit a new vocal minority? Thanks. I needed that.
    So you're basically telling me that they have no right to ask for changes to popular media to suit their tastes? If it's "silencing" your opinion for them to ask for change, how would it not be "silencing" their opinion if you're literally telling them to shut up and live with it?

Look, I get as annoyed with pushy, entitled SJW idiots as the next person. But you're really not demonstrating how you're much different than them. They want what they want. You want what you want. Seems to me like the only difference is that you're already getting what you want.

If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.
    It's much easier for studios to re-package an existing character than than successfully market a new hero. This is probably more to do with it than PC culture.

Edit: To put it better, PC culture may drive a trend toward more diversity amongst superheroes, but marketers know that they'll get a bigger audience by re-imagining an existing hero than trying to create a new hero to compete in the "hero marketplace."
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2015-08-26 at 12:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea it's getting out of hand idd, ghostbusters all female cast is just retarded.. .really.. I dislike it a lot. Or the fact you can't talk about foreigners who come to a country without being considered a racist. I mean if you come from another country, you should behave and obey the laws and the rules of the country and contribute to the society in some way. Learn the language and try to respect the culture as much as possible. If you come here from another country start breaking the laws... gtfo... really ... I don't want people like that here, don't give a flying fuck who it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So you're basically telling me that they have no right to ask for changes to popular media to suit their tastes? If it's "silencing" your opinion for them to ask for change, how would it not be "silencing" their opinion if you're literally telling them to shut up and live with it?

Look, I get as annoyed with pushy, entitled SJW idiots as the next person. But you're really not demonstrating how you're much different than them. They want what they want. You want what you want. Seems to me like the only difference is that you're already getting what you want.
    No, the fact that I get to keep my Xavier from X-Men a bald dude in a wheelchair is KEEPING what I like as it is. Them, wanting Xavier to be a fat bald black fat woman on a tricycle is not okay. Why can't they just add one? Add a god damn character. Don't completely try to revamp a known hero/god/whatever into something he/she isn't. Nobody falls for that crap, and nor will I watch Ghost Busters because it's soooooo apparent what they're trying to do. It's not a movie anymore it's a poster for an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It's much easier for studios to re-package an existing character than than successfully market a new hero. This is probably more to do with it than PC culture.
    Exactly.

Care to guess how many times the Romeo and Juliet story has been recast and retold in the last few hundred years, and to great effect? They're not always going to be young Italian teens, sorry.

If anyone sees culture being reimagined to appeal to different groups as some sort of threat on their personal identity, they're the ones with the problem.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

No, the fact that I get to keep my Xavier from X-Men a bald dude in a wheelchair is KEEPING what I like as it is. Them, wanting Xavier to be a fat bald black woman on a tricycle is not okay. Why can't they just add one? Add a god damn character. Don't completely try to revamp a known hero/god/whatever into something he/she isn't. Nobody falls for that crap, and nor will I watch Ghost Busters because it's soooooo apparent what they're trying to do. It's not a movie anymore it's a poster for an agenda.
    Someone already mentioned why they do this, but you conveniently ignored it: it's easier to market an existing intellectual property than it is to get people interested in something new. Hell, it's not like we even needed a new Ghostbusters movie to begin with. I'd think that these constant rehashes and reboots would be more concerning than any changes they might make to get new people interested in actually seeing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Someone already mentioned why they do this, but you conveniently ignored it: it's easier to market an existing intellectual property than it is to get people interested in something new. Hell, it's not like we even needed a new Ghostbusters movie to begin with. I'd think that these constant rehashes and reboots would be more concerning than any changes they might make to get new people interested in actually seeing them.
    I hadn't read it as I missed that post. I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Exactly.

Care to guess how many times the Romeo and Juliet story has been recast and retold in the last few hundred years, and to great effect? They're not always going to be young Italian teens, sorry.

If anyone sees culture being reimagined to appeal to different groups as some sort of threat on their personal identity, they're the ones with the problem.
    Give me a fat bald woman called Romuletta and a white transexual homophobic guy called Julio. Then we'll talk. It's not that, they're trying to be sneaky with empowered women in movies and games, everything. Don't be sneaky about it, just pop em right in with a brand new identity and treat it like you'd normally treat a guy of the opposing gender. Dont force feminism and other things on us. Ghost Busters is used here as an example.

1 big black woman and 3 other women with the classic nerdy look of the previous Busters. If you want equality so god damn much that you need to infect every single thing from now on and forward, make it equal. Dont be hypocrites. Put 2 guys, 2 women. If you want Xavier to be Xavier with a twist, use a womans voice to "Steve Hawking" his vehicle. I dont care. Just dont blow it up in our faces. It's starting to get really tiresome.

*edit* Please tell me Bushido, do you not feel the pressure from the feminists and whatnot being shoved up your face if you go to see a movie, listen to music or anything at all? It's 50/50? Because if you don't you're an outright liar. It's not being equalized. It's like they're trying to barge in and say "You men have had your fun for thousands of years, now it's our time to shine!"

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    When will it end?

When you stop personalizing general trends. Why are you personalizing it anyways? Feeling guilty?

Furthermore, "Everything you say is racist, everything you do is sexist and everyone is a feminist..." - https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Deleted
    When is this going to end? Everything you say is racist, everything you do is sexist and everyone is a feminist all of a sudden. It wasn't always like this.

It's already ended for me. Someone calls me racist, I tell them to go F themselves. Takes the power away from them to control the conversation.
    Last edited by mmoca61d610cb9; 2015-08-26 at 12:19 AM.

It's starting to get really tiresome.
    Not really seeing it, and like I said i'm a white dude who grew up loving all these things you claim are under attack.
    You really ought to consider pausing for some introspection on why you feel that these things threaten you.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Not really seeing it, and like I said i'm a white dude who grew up loving all these things you claim are under attack.
    You really ought to consider pausing for some introspection on why you feel that these things threaten you.
    Go watch your Female Thor that hasn't had a pair of massive tits for at least a few thousand years. Then tell me I'm imagining being attacked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioath View Post
    It's already ended for me. Someone calls me racist, I tell them to go F themselves. Takes the power away from them to control the conversation.
    I love it. Keep it up.

True about the immigrant part, dont even think about having an opinion on religion, race or immigration 'cause you'll be branded as a racist. Don't be white because you'll be super racist! Don't be straight 'cause you'll be homophobic!

It's not as bad as when people assume that there is some political agenda or sinister plot to push propaganda whenever a straight white male isn't the focus of the movie/game/show.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

When is this going to end? Everything you say is racist, everything you do is sexist and everyone is a feminist all of a sudden. It wasn't always like this.
    Never will end. Social structures will only become more complex and nuanced.

Deleted
    it's gonna fade away eventually

just like every other fad people with low self esteem identify with to get some attention

Do you think this era of "consider everyone's feelings!11" will pass, is it just a trend in motion? I'm damn sick of it. They're turning every movie franchise I love into politics. Ghost Busters? All female cast? Are you kidding me? As if that's anywhere near discrete. Thor is or is going to be a female in the comics now.

Some people are even discussing that Doctor Who should be black / woman just for the sake of it. For Feminism or LGBT rights. What the god damn **** just drop it. If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.

But dont go calling him John McLane or anything like it. Why is everything and everyone all of a sudden so up-tight about exactly everything? I'm from Sweden and politics around here.. jeez. You mention immigrants once and you're branded a racist.

/endrant
    When there is a Zombie apocalypse. No one will care about crap if they are all running from zombies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    When people stop being racist.
    When people stop being sexist.

I don't see the problem with female Ghostbusters.
    I don't see the problem with a female Thor, she is the 5th alternate Thor.
    But now because it's suddenly a woman you decide to make an issue out of it.

And what if the creator of Doctor Who thinks they should have used a Time Lady: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...Time-Lady.html
    And we even had a black spiderman..

The thing is that if you want to discuss dumb "feminist" complaining there are a lot of valid things you can rant about.
    Sadly you haven't managed to mention a single one.

But don't mind me and my silly facts.
    Tell me more about how you're a victim because the new Ghostbusters are female.
    The Doctor in Doctor who has been male for over 50 years. He has also been white for the last 50+ years.
    Ghost Busters was composed of an all-male cast in all movies.
    Spider-Man is black in an alternate universe, IIRC.
    Check IMDB (It's not much, but meh) It's all gender-talk on the boards of blockbusters. Feminists roidin' about batman being male, stronger than females, the hulk should be a woman, bruce banner should be black...

Is this a coincidence? That it's all happening now? In the midst of a tumblristic era where upsetting someone is worse than rape? If you think so, then we're done discussing it. Not because I'm right and you're wrong, but because I like watching what I've always watched, I like the norms where they stick to scientific facts on that men are in general stronger than women, that men such as in The Expendables are in fact the norm. Give it a few years and you'll see an all-female cast of The Expendables where they kick the shit out of big beefy men on steroids like they were nothing but oven mittens.

The reason I'm mainly talking about entertainment/media such as movies and games is because that's what I feel that I can mostly relate to. We can discuss the racist issue Sweden is currently having if you're up to it. I can assure you that a majority of Swedes in here can provide the back-up I need in case I'm lacking somewhere.

Its all derived from the political game.

In America the Left has adopted this as their primary strategy and it is working for them.

So it will not end in America so long as the people give it power over them.

I think we should just all acknowledged the words don't actually mean what they are defined as.

These days in America, 99 times out of 100 if you are called a racist/sexist/whatever-a-phobe it means you have simply disagreed with somebody on the Left.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Its all derived from the political game.

In America the Left has adopted this as their primary strategy and it is working for them.

So it will not end in America so long as the people give it power over them.

I think we should just all acknowledged the words don't actually mean what they are defined as.

These days in America, 99 times out of 100 if you are called a racist/sexist/whatever-a-phobe it means you have simply disagreed with somebody on the Left.
    Trust me, it's not only in America. If you're on the wrong side of the fence nowadays, you're x-phobic, wrong, stupid and retarded. Your words hold no weight, and neither does your opinion. I have no issues with females taking the lead in movies. But make it right. Dont turn what is, into what isn't. Don't come to Sweden and act like a fucking idiot and expect people on the beach you arrived to on a boat to cover their parts because it doesn't suit your barbaric anti-woman views from the m-east. If you want to empower women in movies, give them roles, but if your first issue with not having a womanized movie was the lack of women, dont be a hypocrite and turn it into a movie with a complete lack of men, that's just ironic on the highest gear.
    Last edited by mmoc87911d0539; 2015-08-26 at 12:45 AM.