Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.
    But isn't that what they are doing? If they want a all female ghostbusters cast, then just write the script, which is exactly what they did.

I can understand being outraged by those who cry about a problem, but don't do anything about it. But if they actually are doing the thing that they wish to see, then you can't complain. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you want to see something different, then create it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    It's trendy to be a feminist now. I honestly feel like in these last couple of years every single thing one says is analysed beyond reason. Everyone is so uptight and offended these days by everything and anything. Every word is tailored to please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But isn't that what they are doing? If they want a all female ghostbusters cast, then just write the script, which is exactly what they did.

I can understand being outraged by those who cry about a problem, but don't do anything about it. But if they actually are doing the thing that they wish to see, then you can't complain. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you want to see something different, then create it.
    His point is that its the sheer blatant nature of the switch to an all female cast. He gave plenty of other examples too. It's trendy to change archetypes now and to please everyone. Everything is a damn publicity stunt.

I think it's slowly getting better, college and universities are still trending downward, but the media at large is starting to see through the crap finally, look at the huge support GamerGate is getting after the SPJAirplay event for example.

It's just that it's a hard fight to win against the far left, because most of their fundamentals are in ideals we agree to be morally right: equality, fairness, rights. It's too easy to manipulate people if you proclaim to be standing for these ideals against someone you can claim to be against them.

That's pretty much their only weapon, more people are realising that and more and more things are improving.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-08-26 at 03:00 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Everything is a damn publicity stunt.
    Of coarse it is. Controversy sells. The day it stops, is the day people stop giving controversy the attention it is designed to gather.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    I'm not a big fan of the whole "consider everyone's feelings" shite as it is, I have a tendency to just say what I think and I'm not really fussed about the consequences, and as I've gotten older people seem not to like that. But what really struck me about the OP is this:

If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.
    So fucking true. I have no idea why people are so adamant that we need to equalise gender and ethnicity in classic films, sitcoms, etc. Come up with some new ideas instead of changing things that already exist. I remember some news article saying that the BBC were considering not making panel shows consisting of all-male casts any more. I don't know where that went but that in itself is tragic. Panel shows are about comedy, therefore you should choose the most entertaining cast possible to increase your show's quality, regardless of what gender any of the panelists are. You don't need any male to female ratio in your shows; the talent of the panelists is what the BBC should be judging for their shows, not their gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its the offset of times before, the opposite end of the metronome.

The scary part is, with all feminazi and sjw's around, it might just swing right back into worse racist, sexist and homophobic ways when it was before.
    Thats better than how it is now. I rather live in a world with racism and sexism than in a world where Main characters in movies are black/gay just for the sake of it and where everyone will whine about every little minor smallest thing that might insult them.

When is this going to end? Everything you say is racist, everything you do is sexist and everyone is a feminist all of a sudden. It wasn't always like this.

Do you think this era of "consider everyone's feelings!11" will pass, is it just a trend in motion? I'm damn sick of it. They're turning every movie franchise I love into politics. Ghost Busters? All female cast? Are you kidding me? As if that's anywhere near discrete. Thor is or is going to be a female in the comics now.

Some people are even discussing that Doctor Who should be black / woman just for the sake of it. For Feminism or LGBT rights. What the god damn **** just drop it. If you want a black female superhero, create one! If you want a buff gay policeman in a Die Hard spin-off, write the script.

But dont go calling him John McLane or anything like it. Why is everything and everyone all of a sudden so up-tight about exactly everything? I'm from Sweden and politics around here.. jeez. You mention immigrants once and you're branded a racist.

/endrant
    Sexism and Racism claims are starting to fall on def ears, I guess these people never read the story of the boy who cried wolf. I feel sorry for people who actually do experience sexism and racism as they are less likely to be believed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about any of this.

But...the new Ghostbusters will suck and bomb terribly. Not because they are a bunch of unfunny women.

But...because its not Bill Fuckin Murray!!!!!!
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.