Mouseovermacro for Libram of Vindication

Got an advice from a fellow ret pally in a raid the other day to make a mouseovermacro for the class trinket to be able to keep the buff up at all times even when target swapping.

As a player who has never used a mouseover macro before, I understand the concept of casting CS on the same target to keep buff up, but what exactly does a mouseover macro do? you click the ability and click the target? Do you unbind the original ability from the actionbar to not missclick?

I understand there might not be a "correct" answer but any opinions and tips would be appreciated!

On another note:

Ive got the following normal trinkets:

DC
    EDH
    LoV

And UH HC, what trinkets do you recommend using for the different HFC fights?

Thanks in advance!

EDH always, DC and LoV can be switched, it depends on what job your raid has you do, you will probably want DC if you don't have a specific job so you can help ease dps with the cleave.

For what a mouseover does, is pretty simple. Essentially whatever mob your mouse is over when you click the button, the spell/attack will be done to that target.

Usually its set up like this:

#ShowToolTip
    /cast [@mouseover] Crusader Strike

While it definitely works for some people, I don't like this method when trying to keep the buff up because it is so easy to hit the wrong mob. What I did was make a focus target macro for my CS, that way I mark one target as my focus and as long as I am in range, CS will always hit that target.

#ShowToolTip
    /cast [target=focus] Crusader Strike

Everyones got there one way. I have this as a separate keybind due to my normal one being a CS/HOTR Shift Macro, but you could make it so by it self it will hit your current target and if you hold shift it hits your focus if you need to cut down/simplify binds.

The best way is to set the boss/primary target as your focus target and use a focus macro to continue to cs the boss while attacking another target

Thete made a good video if you want a visual guide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfegJ2bHeEM

This is the best version of the cs focus macro (below) imo, resolves some of the problems with the simpler ones I see around eg: will cs your normal target if you forget to set a focus target, keeps working if the mob on focus dies or if you focus a friendly target to do something else.. etc

Code:
    /cast [@focus,exists,nodead,harm] [] Crusader Strike
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-08-26 at 04:37 AM.

The problem with this macro is fights like archimonde where you lose the focus when you go into the nether

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eteos View Post
    The problem with this macro is fights like archimonde where you lose the focus when you go into the nether
    Just re-apply it with a /focus keybind. That small problem is far less of an issue than buggering about with a mouseover macro imo, and you'll never CS the wrong target by mistake.

Edit: Just don't put your /focus bind next to the bind for SELFIE camera - it gets messy ...

(Yes, I have my SELFIE camera bound, who doesn't?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Just re-apply it with a /focus keybind. That small problem is far less of an issue than buggering about with a mouseover macro imo, and you'll never CS the wrong target by mistake.

Edit: Just don't put your /focus bind next to the bind for SELFIE camera - it gets messy ...

(Yes, I have my SELFIE camera bound, who doesn't?)
    so do I. Need those sweet pics when Archimonde casts AoF